News Forum - Bangkok and Pattaya left out of the Sandboxes

Thaiger

2 hours ago, longwood50 said:

I have had several people make that comment, however I would think that there would be more opportunity for profitability with more tourists not fewer.  Certainly the restaurants, tourist attractions, hotels, taxi's etc would have more customers and be in a position to enhance "profitability"  A hotel with few customers, or a restaurant with few customers is hardly in a position to grease any wheels. 

They can try the old bad review excuse and try and extract cash from someone gullible enough to cough up.

11 hours ago, Pompies said:

Power crazed individuals like Mighty Mouse are hell bent on imposing unreasonable control. They need to be stopped.

How to build a better mousetrap----peanut butter or cheese?..or just get a cat

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Foreigners are allowed to stay at their place of residence. On the other hand it is apparent that they do not care about the spreading of the omicron as is all just an act to the public and world that they look proactive but not. My real suspicions are they want it to play out and maybe have the majority get it and then heard immunity will happen.

Absolutely, I just read it now at the Pattaya News, that in case of a COVID-19 positive after arriving in Thailand, farangs have to stay in either AQ/SHA Hotels as long they only have mild symptoms or asymptomatic to prevent the spread of the virus and Omicron variant instead of going to the hospital where they could get scammed and infect others too. This has been an ongoing issues since the beginning of last year & finally did figure it out.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:38 AM, Pompies said:

Businesses like restaurants and bars cannot take much more of this never ending nightmare of on\off and ever hanging restrictions and regulations. The government makes blanket statements that alcohol is the cause of transmission without having any evidence that this is true except in a small proportion to cases. Markets where tens of thousands have caught the virus are closed for a few days but bars etc have been shuttered for 10 months. The police say they dont have the manpower to inspect all permises for compliance with regulations! Strange that they have enough manpower to visit bars to collect their protection, sorry, tea money. Power crazed individuals like Mighty Mouse are hell bent on imposing unreasonable control. They need to be stopped.

The government is REPEATING about the alcohol, to brainwash people that it has to do with covid, simple as that, just keep on repeating it and some morons will start to believe it like with everything else

On 1/8/2022 at 9:36 PM, longwood50 said:

I have had several people make that comment, however I would think that there would be more opportunity for profitability with more tourists not fewer.  Certainly the restaurants, tourist attractions, hotels, taxi's etc would have more customers and be in a position to enhance "profitability"  A hotel with few customers, or a restaurant with few customers is hardly in a position to grease any wheels. 

It’s not about profit 

nobody cares about bar life , that’s the pickled and desperate life and yes that’s Pattaya 

rule makers and travel don’t care 

you had every opportunity to go in dec very few did and locals noticed 

they will never go mass tourists the town clean and bkk people love it 

not enough farang desperate turned up to so called care they just polute these threads