Faz's Footie Fixture Forecasts.

Faz

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

the Chelski v Leicester game is postponed I understand .. is that correct ? 

Chelsea are in the Micky Mouse Cup Final. That's not to denigrate Chelsea. I recall when Watford were obliged to play Spurs at MK Dons stadium because Wembley was unavailable, the Watford manager claimed that it was destroying the "integrity" of the comp. The draw for the previous round had been made at midday (05.00 GMT) in BKK

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

the Chelski v Leicester game is postponed I understand .. is that correct ? 

Dunno!

Both Chelsea and Liverpool missing from this round of fixtures.

1-2   Arsenal v Wolves
2-0   Soton v Norwich
1-3   Leeds v Spurs
0-2   Brentford v Newcastle
1-1   Brighton v A Villa
0-1   C Palace v Burnley
2-1   Man Utd v Watford
1-4   Everton v Man City
0-1   West Ham v Wolves
2-2   Burnley v Leicester

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, JohninDublin said:

Chelsea are in the Micky Mouse Cup Final. That's not to denigrate Chelsea. I recall when Watford were obliged to play Spurs at MK Dons stadium because Wembley was unavailable, the Watford manager claimed that it was destroying the "integrity" of the comp. The draw for the previous round had been made at midday (05.00 GMT) in BKK

Yea .. thanks Mr D , it had slipped me by that we are near the end of Feb' already which is about the time of the Carabao Cup or whatever it's called now .. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

That "Mickey Mouse cup"  is the last major trophy that Tottenham won which was 15 years ago 

ok now here's my  results 

Arsenal v Wolves 1-1

Soton v Norwich 3-0
Leeds v Spurs 1-2
Brentford v Newcastle 0-2
Brighton v A Villa 1-1
C Palace v Burnley 0-1
Man Utd v Watford 2-0
Everton v Man City 2-2 
West Ham v Wolves 2-1
Burnley v Leicester 0-1

good luck all but not to much na ;)

• Cool 2

Not looking good for Marcelo Bielsa after Leeds took another belting off Spurs .. that's 14 goals shipped in the last 3 games .. they cannot continue like that if they wish to hang on to Prem' status .. 

I think that any FA creating 2 cup events can't count. You are one association. The whatever cup (I really don't know and don't care) in England is an event no one ever remembers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OOber said:

I think that any FA creating 2 cup events can't count. You are one association. The whatever cup (I really don't know and don't care) in England is an event no one ever remembers. 

Try a cup of tea instead then .. this thread is about Prem' League predictions .. if you want one about cup's you'll have to make it yo'self .. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, OOber said:

I think that OOber has a point. For me. the EPL is the most exciting footy. I am annoyed when cups - the league and the FA - get in the way of things. International week ends, get on my tits too. In fact I would put the Championship before all three. After all, what happens in the second tier, is actual in the EPL next season.

Prediction:

Norwich, Brentford, Burnley to be replaced by: Fulham, Bournemouth, Luton.

5 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Try a cup of tea instead then .. this thread is about Prem' League predictions. if you want one about cup's you'll have to make it yo'self ..

Make you right about new threads.

• Like 3

Hi Guys . . . Sorry for keeping you in suspense with the interim score card . . . a little Sunday shopping to do!

BH DB FZ   JD KC ME SD SK CM
90 80 100 50 90 40 60 60 70

@Faz, whilst only forecasting 4 correct results, has got 2 of those precious 30-bonus-points for correct score predictions, so kudos to Faz . . . and only fair, I suppose, for all the input that he's put into the comp.

With today's WHU vs Wolves and Tues night's BUR vs LEI matches both presenting teasing predictions, let's see what Wed morning brings.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

With today's WHU vs Wolves and Tues night's BUR vs LEI matches both presenting teasing predictions, let's see what Wed morning brings.

The last two fixtures could turn those current weekly scores upside down yet @King Cotton.

Best individual weekly points total for you so far KC 😁
Looking as though @BigHewer is going to retain that overall leaders spot though.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Not looking good for Marcelo Bielsa after Leeds took another belting off Spurs .. that's 14 goals shipped in the last 3 games .. they cannot continue like that if they wish to hang on to Prem' status .. 

Bielsa left Leeds by mutual consent last night after the drubbing by Spurs .. Jesse March is touted to be taking over .. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

11 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Try a cup of tea instead then .. this thread is about Prem' League predictions .. if you want one about cup's you'll have to make it yo'self .. 

I just didn't quote the numerous posts about 'Mickey Mouse Cup'. Sorry, my bad. EPL is not bad, but a little predictable, like the Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Thanks for the tea though...

Edited by OOber
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Game week 28.
Kick off, Sat March 5th 1230 UK.

Fixtures for this week are as follows;

Leicester v Leeds
A Villa v Southampton
Burnley v Chelsea
Newcastle v Brighton
Norwich v Brentford
Wolves v C Palace
Liverpool v W Ham
Watford v Arsenal
Man City v Man Utd
Spurs v Everton.

Predictions to be submitted no later than Sat 5th March 0630 UK time, 1330 Thai time.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

@FazPlease accept my forecast for game week 28 (without laughing).

2-0 Leicester v Leeds
2-1 A Villa v Southampton
1-3 Burnley v Chelsea
1-0 Newcastle v Brighton
0-2 Norwich v Brentford
2-0 Wolves v C Palace
3-0 Liverpool v W Ham
0-3 Watford v Arsenal
3-1 Man City v Man Utd
3-1 Spurs v Everton.

• Like 2
  • Cool 2

54 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Bloody hell, I put the fixtures up but I've not even prepared the xls sheet for week 28 yet  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

2-0 Leicester v Leeds
2-1 A Villa v Southampton
1-3 Burnley v Chelsea
1-0 Newcastle v Brighton
0-2 Norwich v Brentford
2-0 Wolves v C Palace
3-0 Liverpool v W Ham
0-3 Watford v Arsenal
3-1 Man City v Man Utd
3-1 Spurs v Everton.

Geez @Marble-eyeyou’ve done it again. All my picks similar to yours, even the surprise “crafty” one that I won’t mention. Now I need to go away and regroup 🙄

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Geez @Marble-eyeyou’ve done it again. All my picks similar to yours, even the surprise “crafty” one that I won’t mention. Now I need to go away and regroup 🙄

NO Please, the last time you said that, you went away and got a great result and my forecast went belly up. 😀

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Nah! Don't regroup, you tend to score 100+ when you do 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

NO Please, the last time you said that, you went away and got a great result and my forecast went belly up. 😀

Exactly, look at this week 27, he regrouped and has 90 points and you have 50 so far.
You both have tonight's game as 1-2 forecast, so no matter what the result the difference remains even.

Remember Paul the Octopus - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Octopus
I think @BigHewer has his twin brother Peter.

• Haha 2

Leicester v Leeds       2-1
A Villa v Southampton    2-0
Burnley v Chelsea   0-2
Newcastle v Brighton   2-1
Norwich v Brentford    1-0
Wolves v C Palace   2-0
Liverpool v W Ham   4-1
Watford v Arsenal   0-3
Man City v Man Utd  3-1
Spurs v Everton.   3-0

• Like 1