Tue 17th.
Southampton v Liverpool 0-2

Thu 19th.
Everton v Crystal Palace 2-0
Aston Villa v Burnley 1-1
Chelsea v Leicester 3-1

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Here are the interim scores for W37 and again, it's you know who, @Marble-eye, setting the pace in this very low-scoring picture, thanks to three matches (WHU, Wolves and Everton) that no-one forecast the result for and a couple - both drawn games, again - that just one player correctly forecast, with @Marble-eyegetting a green blob for his Leeds vs Brighton exact score prediction . . . how does he do it?

BH DB FZ   KC ME SD SK CM
20  - 20 30 60 20 20 20

More unlikely results to come, I suspect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A shocker so far in both the FFFF and the LPS games this week, unless of course you have a 'tanked' up dog giving you advice. 🤭

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Faz said:

A shocker so far in both the FFFF and the LPS games this week, unless of course you have a 'tanked' up dog giving you advice. 🤭

Very apt acronym for the former competition in the context of my pics. I’d have better luck with the Pools 😡

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Very apt acronym for the former competition in the context of my pics. I’d have better luck with the Pools 😡

Now, there's that crucial word - luck! - and given the high number of gobsmackingly surprising results during the FFFF's running, I thought I'd have a review of how I made my FFFF pics; either (1) based on the season-to-date stats (courtesy of the official PL website) or (2) based on gut-feeling, resulting from recent form, managerial changes or whatever may have influenced it. Here are my 'stats versus gut-feel' figures for the past 6 game-weeks and I think you'll agree that, despite this week's crazy numbers, you're better-off letting that gut-feel come into the reckoning . . .

PL stats, season gut feel & recent form  
W31 40 90  
W32 50 50  
W34 50 130 Ha-hey, that was a good week . . . I went with GF!
W35 70 80  
W36 40 40  
W37,interim 110 30 So much for gut-feel, but what for GW38?

total 360 420  

Well, any views on the stats vs GF reckonings? . . . I'd love to hear them!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Now, there's that crucial word - luck! - and given the high number of gobsmackingly surprising results during the FFFF's running, I thought I'd have a review of how I made my FFFF pics; either (1) based on the season-to-date stats (courtesy of the official PL website) or (2) based on gut-feeling, resulting from recent form, managerial changes or whatever may have influenced it. Here are my 'stats versus gut-feel' figures for the past 6 game-weeks and I think you'll agree that, despite this week's crazy numbers, you're better-off letting that gut-feel come into the reckoning . . .

PL stats, season gut feel & recent form  
W31 40 90  
W32 50 50  
W34 50 130 Ha-hey, that was a good week . . . I went with GF!
W35 70 80  
W36 40 40  
W37,interim 110 30 So much for gut-feel, but what for GW38?

total 360 420  

Well, any views on the stats vs GF reckonings? . . . I'd love to hear them!

Problem is KC, my “gut feel” is so far off radar I’d be embarrassed to publish an equivalent table.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Problem is KC, my “gut feel” is so far off radar I’d be embarrassed to publish an equivalent table.

Ha-ha, you're so modest, BH . . . you're not ranked FFFF's #2 for nothing, despite a slight loss-of-form lately! 😭

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ha-ha, you're so modest, BH . . . you're not ranked FFFF's #2 for nothing, despite a slight loss-of-form lately! 😭

You’re too kind KC. Not sure if that #2 rank will hold with 10 or so games to go. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:
16 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I wonder what our Leeds fan, @Marble-eye, might have to say on the issue, with his stats being scaringly good . . . week after sodding week! 😰

14 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I wonder what our Leeds fan, @Marble-eye, might have to say on the issue, with his stats being scaringly good . . . week after sodding week! 😰

What can I say KC, if it was down to knowledge I would be down at the very bottom of our group, I know as much about football as I know about quantum physics.

Infact when Snaps makes his forecast I have to look on the internet to see who he means, I always thought that the B's were Man Utd.

Having said that yer can't beat the blindfold and pin method, but the trouble with that is it makes a terrible mess of the tablet screen.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

What can I say KC, if it was down to knowledge I would be down at the very bottom of our group, I know as much about football as I know about quantum physics.

Infact when Snaps makes his forecast I have to look on the internet to see who he means, I always thought that the B's were Man Utd.

Having said that yer can't beat the blindfold and pin method, but the trouble with that is it makes a terrible mess of the tablet screen.

Well, I go to t' foot of our stairs. With your FFFF and LPS pics, I really suspected your were Mark Lawrenson in disguise . . . yes, seriously! 🤔  

Ha-ha . . . Man Utd being the B's. Who were the A's then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

I really suspected your were Mark Lawrenson in disguise . . . yes, seriously! 🤔  

Don't be silly, KC, Mark Lawrenson never scores as high with his predictions as @Marble-eye.

Lawros' weekly average is 82.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61410759

@Marble-eye weekly average is 84.

How much does Lawro get paid again as a professional football pundit?

• Haha 3

Week 38 fixtures, and the end of  the 2021/2022 season.
All matches kick off 1600 UK time, Sunday 22nd May.

Arsenal v Everton

Brentford v Leeds United

Brighton v West Ham United

Burnley v Newcastle United

Chelsea v Watford

Crystal Palace v Manchester United

Leicester City v Southampton

Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Manchester City v Aston Villa

Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 5/16/2022 at 7:01 AM, King Cotton said:
BH DB FZ   KC ME SD SK CM
20  - 20 30 60 20 20 20

More unlikely results to come, I suspect.

Spot on there, KC.
The Newcastle v Arsenal result last night didn't do anyone any favours.
After 8 completed fixtures this week, the scores remain static.
The first time I can recall 4 straight fixtures in a row where no players even predicted  the correct result.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

6 minutes ago, Faz said:

Spot on there, KC.
The first time I can recall 4 straight fixtures in a row where no players even predicted  the correct result.

Yes, strange times indeed!

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay @Faz, I was busy watering my marrow. ⚽😊

2-0 Arsenal v Everton

1-1 Brentford v Leeds United

1-0 Brighton v West Ham United

0-2 Burnley v Newcastle United

3-0 Chelsea v Watford

0-1 Crystal Palace v Manchester United

2-1 Leicester City v Southampton

3-1 Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers

3-1 Manchester City v Aston Villa

0-3 Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Faz said:

Spot on there, KC.

And, with Salah and Van Dijk now ruled out of tonight's game, The Reds vs The Saints, I'd like to change my forecast from 0-4 to 1-3 . . . if that's OK with everyone 🤔😂⚽.

Just joking!

• Haha 2

2-0 - Gooners v Toffees
2-1 - Bees v Peacocks
2-2 - Seagulls v Irons
2-2 - Clarets v Toon
3-0 - Blues v Hornets
2-1 - Palace - United
4-1 - Foxes v Saints
3-0 - Reds v Wolves
7-0 - City v Villians
1-1 - Canaries v Spurs

Always plenty of goals on the last day.

City to take title in style. Clarets down?

Big Sam asked if he would consider the United job. Sam rejects the offer. 

Reds gear up for Real Madrid, but still shut up the Wolves.

Vardy hat-trick. Irons make Europa League. Hornets get ready to return to EP. Bees sting Peacocks; who could be relegated. Toffees down?

Never been far wrong on the last day.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

12 hours ago, snapdragon said:

who could be relegated. Toffees down?

First, Clarets, now Toffees . . . oh, come on, Snappers, who's your relegation money really on?

Banking on the Toffees drawing at home to Palace, tomorrow, and the Clarets drawing at home to The Toon on Sunday and, like you, The Bees to sting the Peacocks, I reckon it'll be Leeds for the drop, sad as that will be and with big apologies to @Marble-eye😫!

Three great clubs, though, whichever way things turn out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

First, Clarets, now Toffees . . . oh, come on, Snappers, who's your relegation money really on?

Banking on the Toffees drawing at home to Palace, tomorrow, and the Clarets drawing at home to The Toon on Sunday and, like you, The Bees to sting the Peacocks, I reckon it'll be Leeds for the drop, sad as that will be and with big apologies to @Marble-eye😫!

It'll be a nail biter for both Leeds and Burnley, Leeds are 1 point ahead of Burley, but Burley have a game in hand over Leeds, but that said they need to get at least a point to stay up and that's not a given, Newcastle or Villa won't do Burnley any favours. I don't think Leeds getting another point will help them much, a win would be good away to Brentford though and pigs might fly, definately squeaky bum time. 🤔⚽

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Well said KC.

Strange results all round recently. More to come I reckon. Until the last day on Sunday, I cannot, in all sincerity, give a tip.

Which one of the three relegated clubs would have the ability to bounce straight back? I rule out Norwich; they have too much rebuilding to do. Watford have a good chance IMO. They need to stay on-side with their manager though. Not something that Watford have done in recent times.

Of the other three possibles. I think Everton - should they be relegated - have the best chance. Leeds baffle me. What happened to their attack, attack attack policy? They have a great chance of returning if they can recapture their mojo. If Burnley go down, I can't see them getting back in the near future.

Gonna be a great week end of footy.

=======

just looked at the table. If The Toffees win Thurs night it's then a two-horse race. A draw would help them a bit, especially  if Burnley do not win, but a nail-biting time ahead. No-matter what The Clarets do they are still in the mix.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 9:13 AM, King Cotton said:

Yes, strange times indeed!

Another strange evening football last night KC, Burnley snuck a point off Villa to put Leeds in the bottom 3, on the same points but Burnley have a better goal difference. All down to the last game of the season for those two hysterical (who remembers Hilda Baker) teams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Another strange evening football last night KC,

A strange week of results ME.
12 fixture forecasts, yet the players scoring certainly doesn't reflect that, with @BigHewer and @Slacker77 being this week's joint top scorers securing only 80 points apiece. 

Results for week 37.
FFFF week 37.xls 

It's all to play for in the final week 38 folks.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Faz said:

A strange week of results ME.
12 fixture forecasts, yet the players scoring certainly doesn't reflect that, with @BigHewer and @Slacker77 being this week's joint top scorers securing only 80 points apiece. 

Results for week 37.
FFFF week 37.xls 

It's all to play for in the final week 38 folks.

So I gained a whopping ten points on our illustrious leader @Marble-eye. At that rate, I need about three months to catch him. Pity there’s only one week left 🤨

• Haha 4