News Forum - Khao Yai hotel threatens 3 million baht lawsuit over negative review

Thaiger

10 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

ah the salad days..back in my day we used to be able to ride a bike without being stalked by gals on mbikes

More like in Bangkok- The World was your Oyster on a 24/7 basis, and you were most certainly stalked if one took a fancy to you. Not sure about tossing your or someone's salad and defintely not cleaning your kitchen  when in Bangkok, but there was over doing it as the occasional tossing your cookies.

Those were the days, and if we had an open post and rate system for some hotels back then, then the more off the wall rating would have attracted more guys. This hotel here on the article subject matter is just pushing to get some free money. Certainly not anyone nice and I hope it 1000% backfires on them and they have to close their doors and sell to some good people. This law of he or she talked bad about me has to stop here.

Now get back on your bike and go peddle your arse.

• Haha 1

The Thai hotel people are idiots,  as they have done more damage to their reputation than any review could possibly do.  Morons. Who in their right minds will stay there now? 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 6:50 AM, gundam0315 said:

facts.

and the upcoming generation is supposed to lead the world.

that is correct and it same in europe to -  it is  us who try to live and teach other a " normal " life who are blamed for all    its a crime to from the west or white.  - it allwausour fault everything which goes wrong - no one  honesty and fairness these days -  the liars and hypocrates are allwats wright and if you smiled to a yopung lady 40 years ago you wil be brought to be punished for your " crime" - mostly because some a setting up and complete idiotic  political correctness where is wrongdoers are fuly changed to " the correct" -  and we so tired of it  

5 hours ago, Pinetree said:

The Thai hotel people are idiots,  as they have done more damage to their reputation than any review could possibly do.  Morons. Who in their right minds will stay there now? 

They dont understand that - and this is a normal picture of what happens there -  no plan for future and dont understand it can backfire  they think only one day ahead -  this is what happen when a people has no manners and no brain

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

More like in Bangkok- The World was your Oyster on a 24/7 basis, and you were most certainly stalked if one took a fancy to you. Not sure about tossing your or someone's salad and defintely not cleaning your kitchen  when in Bangkok, but there was over doing it as the occasional tossing your cookies.

Those were the days, and if we had an open post and rate system for some hotels back then, then the more off the wall rating would have attracted more guys. This hotel here on the article subject matter is just pushing to get some free money. Certainly not anyone nice and I hope it 1000% backfires on them and they have to close their doors and sell to some good people. This law of he or she talked bad about me has to stop here.

Now get back on your bike and go peddle your arse.

The boys for the new Hangover 4 movie can ring you up for consulting.....havent seen the crazy gal lately  :(

On 1/8/2022 at 1:20 AM, vlad said:

A lot of years ago i worked as a hotel porter in the OLD England Hotel in Bowness on Windermere. Those day's it was a 5 star Hotel so service was like the Savoy in London. On New years Eve we had a full Restaurant and the Guests were paying a hefty price to stay. On the night, prior to service there was a power cut and the Entire Town of Bowness was plunged into darkness only the Emergency lighting came on.  I had to tell guests what the problem was  and was amazed when one said " Me and my wife have paid a lot of money for this Evening We did not expect this service " I told him Sir there has been a power cut to which he replied I will be complaining to the management as this is not acceptable. I had to walk away before i threw the pair of them in Lake Windermere. The moral of the story is people will always moan about service but this Hotel in Nakhon Rat which has not been named is shooting themselves in there foot and if it was named there business would end. They just don't realize guests put tea on there table and word would get out to give this hotel a wide berth. There quick to threaten a law suit and expect us to beg forgiveness every day for 7 day's what a cheek. Name and shame this Hotel.

My wife works at a Thai restaurant

The complaints she gets border on bizarre to insanely rude

One lady called and ordered pick-up

She was 30mins late picking it up

She barged in the store yelling at them that she couldn't find parking................in the street

She blamed them because she couldn't find public parking!

35 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

The boys for the new Hangover 4 movie can ring you up for consulting.....havent seen the crazy gal lately  :(

Are you.. - peddaling your stuff? Not good enough..

• Like 1

I am currently ok saying I am ok saying my actions are high set already. Ok - Now....

1 OK I can do..

2. OK, we need to have sex now...

3. And?  Will she??

44 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:44 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Are you.. - peddaling your stuff? Not good enough..

Im playing hard to get--im not easy!  Slow n steady pedaling wins the race everytime

Also maybe she couldnt get that rental mbike she was on.....so many different scenarios!

On 1/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, Marc26 said:

She barged in the store yelling at them that she couldn't find parking................in the street

Ooo I got one from my organic market days

Id get customers calling to get me to hold a roasted  chicken for them-so if u wanted it too bad!

Or slice turket meat and weigh and price it and bring it out to them in the car--this was PRE covid

open a can of store bought soup--heat it up--put in container and price it--too cheap for store hot soups

opened a $$ cheese for her to sample and she then took ANOTHER wrapped cheese -not the one i opened

and the entitlement list goes on!!! and many would steal constantly and they were all filthy rich

On 1/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, Marc26 said:

I like to put these folks on hold--"let me get a manager for you to resolve your problem maam!" lol

58 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I like to put these folks on hold--"let me get a manager for you to resolve your problem maam!" lol

I used to work in a sub shop when I was younger in Boston 

I was the manager at nights

I probably kicked 2-3 people out per night 

I would just refuse to make them their sandwich 

Tell them to get out

Most were utterly baffled being kicked out, they just left  5555

• Cool 1

I use Agoda exclusively. I haven’t booked outside of agoda for many years… and I travel a lot (pre covid ofc) 

I plan to contact them at privacy@agoda.com and will ask them how they protect me from reprisal from negative reviews given to hotels booked through their platform. I also will ask why they remove negative reviews that are given in good faith. All concerned customers of Agoda can do this as well. I won’t book through any affiliate of the controlling company of Agoda until I get a satisfactory response. @agoda should enforce strict protections to assure honest and transparent reviews of their affiliate hotels. Anything short of an agreement from the establishment to allow and support honest review should exclude the establishment from being booked by Agoda, or affiliate sites. Agoda brags on their review system and customers rely on it. If they are only allowing positive reviews the system is worthless and they are participating in the extortion of their customers. “If!”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AnoMoss said:

I use Agoda exclusively. I haven’t booked outside of agoda for many years… and I travel a lot (pre covid ofc) 

I plan to contact them at privacy@agoda.com and will ask them how they protect me from reprisal from negative reviews given to hotels booked through their platform. I also will ask why they remove negative reviews that are given in good faith. All concerned customers of Agoda can do this as well. I won’t book through any affiliate of the controlling company of Agoda until I get a satisfactory response. @agoda should enforce strict protections to assure honest and transparent reviews of their affiliate hotels. Anything short of an agreement from the establishment to allow and support honest review should exclude the establishment from being booked by Agoda, or affiliate sites. Agoda brags on their review system and customers rely on it. If they are only allowing positive reviews the system is worthless and they are participating in the extortion of their customers. “If!”

Let us know if you get a reply, would be interesting

8 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Yep. And then ask after 5 mins "are you still there?' - if they are, before they can yell anything, say 'wont be long now' and put on hold again. They always eventually hang up, and go somewhere else. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AnoMoss said:

Good luck with that mate - you wont get much response - if any.  The reason the Hotel doesn't sue Agoda is because they cant - they are not a company in Thailand (Singapore) and they wisely stay out of such matters. The bigger question is did they provide the poster's details to the hotel. 

May I suggest that rather than only using Agoda, that you check other places as well for reviews. In Thailand I always found Agoda and Hotels.com to offer the best deals, but I always checked hotel reviews on Tripadviser and Expedia as well.  Tripadviser took the side of the US man who was detained and jailed for a bad review in Thailand, and took that Thai hotel off their listings.  And tourists learned to never lodge reviews when still in Thailand - wait until you get out. And some millennials learned to never use Facebook or Google (your details can be obtained) - always use a 'fake' email/account for any business or personal reviews. 

16 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Good luck with that mate - you wont get much response - if any.  The reason the Hotel doesn't sue Agoda is because they cant - they are not a company in Thailand (Singapore) and they wisely stay out of such matters. The bigger question is did they provide the poster's details to the hotel. 

May I suggest that rather than only using Agoda, that you check other places as well for reviews. In Thailand I always found Agoda and Hotels.com to offer the best deals, but I always checked hotel reviews on Tripadviser and Expedia as well.  Tripadviser took the side of the US man who was detained and jailed for a bad review in Thailand, and took that Thai hotel off their listings.  And tourists learned to never lodge reviews when still in Thailand - wait until you get out. And some millennials learned to never use Facebook or Google (your details can be obtained) - always use a 'fake' email/account for any business or personal reviews. 

Yea I don’t expect a response beyond them linking me the privacy policy I already read. (Hint… the policy states they can share your info with a property in order to settle disputes or as required by local law).

And when I say I use Agoda exclusively I mean for booking. I do additional research for reviews on different platforms for sure. I’ve been disappointed before and learned this early on. 

• Thanks 1

Another point I will make on behalf of many Expats and Tourists - if somehow those 'managing' the island are listening/hearing.  

We know that the hotel will just change its name and re-start when this all dies down. Therefore, for a few years, I will always remember the name of the Island Koh Yai - and I will never book a hotel stay there. Likewise, when the Thailand Sea View Resort hotel on Koh Chang reported a US man in 2020 and got him jailed and deported for a bad review on Tripadviser, I added Koh Chang to my 'no go' list. 

There are plenty of lovely decent Islands in Thailand where the hotels would never report jail deport sue a tourists for a bad review - Koh Yai and Koh Chang are not two of them - and they are both on my blacklist.  I have never heard of a tourist being arrested charged deported sued for a bad review on Phuket or Hua Hin or Samui, and there are many others. 

US man faces jail in Thailand over hotel review - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54335789

Note from Moderators

Thread has been locked to further postings as an updated news report has been posted under the following news thread.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/10056-news-forum-khao-yai-hotel-threatening-3-million-baht-lawsuit-for-bad-review-named/#comment-139577

Just for ease of viewing and to avoid confusion, if you wish to add further comment, please use the link to the new thread and post your comments there.

Thanks