News Forum - Friday Covid Update: 7,526 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

19 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 21,799 with 21,705 of those fatalities during the latest wave, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 7,526 new Covid-19 cases and 2,895 recoveries. There are now 42,580 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 39 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start […]

The story Friday Covid Update: 7,526 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Vaccines aren't useless.

People are useless.

Unvaccinated and not wearing facemasks and no social distancing breeds spreading the virus and creating new variants.

People are selfish and don't care about how their actions or lack there of affects other people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Mega numbers next week then!! All back to square one despite the useless vaccines!!! Like I said a few days ago, "Quite amusing... just sit back and watch it play out!"

If the truth were known you would see mega numbers now.

Two days ago the official figure was some 3,000, my wife told me that was wrong and the thai govt sites she uses were quoting over 7,000 for that day. so do we double the official rate and add 10% for luck?

• Cool 1

10 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Mega numbers next week then!! All back to square one despite the useless vaccines!!! Like I said a few days ago, "Quite amusing... just sit back and watch it play out!"

Invented and bogus mega numbers, 99% of which are benign. 

Time to panic, as the empowering narrative suggest we should. 

• Like 2

The fact is vaccines work. All over the world the statistics and data have proven this. The VAST majority of people who have died, and/or had serious symptoms from covid were unvaccinated. This is confirmed by sources all over the world that have no relation or connection to each other. If you believe that it's a worldwide conspiracy, then please show us all the proof. This has been going on for over 2 years now. Surely if your claims were true there would be plenty of hard evidence available and millions of doctors and health workers would be speaking out that the data is not matching what they're seeing before their eyes. 

I wish I knew how to like a comment, but I like the comment by jahbu. Because it makes sense. Thailand and the rest of the world now face Omicron. Some things to expect..... numbers will rise quickly, more than ever before, so trying to fudge the figures won't happen on purpose, it will happen because people with think it's a mild cold or flu...a ticklish cough...a tingling throat. PCR testing as the numbers rise will become impossible. Long lines for testing and a sudden reliance on rapid antigen tests, that will see a shortage of tests. At that point, government health officials will be flying blind. In reality, numbers of Omicron infections will be 3 to 4 times what is reported. The focus will shift from numbers to hospitalisations. The good news is that vaccinations have put Thailand in a much better position than when Delta was looming. The basics we've learned will still help blunt Omicron's spread. So masks, hand washing, safe distance and avoiding large crowds, make a difference. This next wave is showing to be more widespread but shorter in duration. So "holding the line" across the population, during the rise, will see it off. Africa is showing this as they have passed the peak. My country is in the thick of it now. Thailand is in the early stages.