News Forum - 69 provinces now “orange” zones with ban on alcohol sales at restaurants

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Lifeboat said:

So let me see if I can wrap my head around this!  Banglamung,  which is where the daily infections are climbing faster and higher than anywhere , where the large crowds gathered to drink and eat and party through Dec, not just New Years, will remain open to sale alcohol at restaurants and the (not officially  open) bars until 21:00 ,and allowing the petri dish to remain open,  is the plan to curb the spread?  But other province's where its growing but not like Banglamung,  will not be allowed to serve alcohol?  Am I understanding  this correctly?  Does anyone else see this as the counter productive way to slow covid?  My math says. Banglamung equals Gasoline, Chonburi equals Fire... explosion.   Orange zones are gasoline in a sealed container.  I cant see the logic in allowing the higher danger areas where its definitely rising  exponentially to remain open, and other province's wheres its not exploding  to have tighter restrictions.   Unless its because  its only tourist  areas that are exploding  and who cares about them.  So lets close up the area where its local nationals are and protect them situation!

Chonburi governor flip-flops on everything. i remember they started almost 2 years ago by dividing Banglamung on zones and restricting access by roadblocks. this didn't last long, then they lockdown few areas. then governor banned alcohol... we all know next steps. suddenly, Chonburi pushed for sandbox, opened a "corridor" and bla bla bla

let's see provincial numbers per 100k next week, i bet it will be top of the list, well higher than orange zones

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Way beyond farcical - the "blue" zones (Bangkok, Phuket, Chonburi) are the worst affected by Covid, with the most Covid cases!

So, who cares about tourist!  Lets let the tourist  spread it amongst  themselves,  and any locals that want to be there.  We will shield and tighten down on our locals areas and keep the bad out in other province's  Does it sound correct?

• Like 1

Were in Jomtien Beach last night as they were completing the grand stand and other areas for the upcoming World Jet Ski competition. 

I guess Covid can't be spread sitting next to each other in the stands, only in restaurants. 

Photo from prior year competition. 
image.thumb.png.e654efba4b9ee77b0a72f36233cc14aa.png

• Like 3

Hi guys, Mouse from Melbourne Australia,I’m arriving in Thailand, and I found it very hard to read the map,can you please tell me if Korat is ok to enter, or what colour zone it maybe. 
Thank you Mouse 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mouseglenn14 said:

Hi guys, Mouse from Melbourne Australia,I’m arriving in Thailand, and I found it very hard to read the map,can you please tell me if Korat is ok to enter, or what colour zone it maybe. 
Thank you Mouse 

Hi, Mouse and welcome to Thaiger Talk!  Sadly, if you were hoping for more 'openness' and fewer restrictions, Korat is in an Orange, i.e. now increasingly restricted, zone.

Best wishes for your visit, nonetheless and feel free to post more about yourself in the 'Introductions' sub-forum 😉.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

How on earth is Bangkok a blue zone?

Hah-so, @Rookiescot . . . or rather Hi-So, since that's the most likely answer. It's where the money-men do their playing-out and we all know what they keep in their wallets 😠 !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lifeboat said:

We will shield and tighten down on our locals areas and keep the bad out in other province's  Does it sound correct?

It sounds correct if only there was a way of doing it!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Chonburi is a blue zone,

We don't do orange here,

And when we go to a restaurant,

We like to eat our som tam together with a beer,

But that's not fair I hear you cry,

But ask me if I'm bothered,

Because we can get a brew,

And all you've got is naam plow,

I will still raise a glass to you.😉🍺

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Well as red zone - in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket - was taken, they went with Blue, just like many of the movies that get made related to those zones 😉

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Blue zones include Bangkok, Chon Buri, Kanchanaburi, Krabi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phang Nga, and Phuket.

And the way things are progressing, they may have to open Bar-otels/restaurant-otels to keep up with the covid Tourism in the Blue Zones.  Eiffel 65 must be pumping in the clubs in Bangkok and Pattaya at this time!

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i'm making my own film, "Unvaccinated Hun Hin Girls Gone Wild". 

i'm doing the casting now. 

Can i be in it? ;) 

Pattaya may be in a blue zone but before you’re allowed in any restaurant you have to shove a plastic stick up your nose first (antigen test) and get a covid free certificate from a pharmacy. Costs 85 baht and valid for 3 days. Saliva test (less painful) 120 baht. Repeat after 3 days. The final irony - guess where the antigen test kits are made. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Pattaya may be in a blue zone but before you’re allowed in any restaurant you have to shove a plastic stick up your nose first (antigen test) and get a covid free certificate from a pharmacy. Costs 85 baht and valid for 3 days. Saliva test (less painful) 120 baht. Repeat after 3 days. The final irony - guess where the antigen test kits are made. 

Taking a plastic stick up the nose seems more humane than where this lot stick it.

IMG_20211118_214101.jpg

• Haha 2

They seem to always ban the booze first?? I don't think there's any "peer reviewed" data showing a link between alcohol consumption and Covid. Lockdowns and alcohol consumption...different story!

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

They seem to always ban the booze first?? I don't think there's any "peer reviewed" data showing a link between alcohol consumption and Covid. Lockdowns and alcohol consumption...different story!

Beer is non essential, you can always drink water.

1 minute ago, LoongFred said:

Beer is non essential, you can always drink water.

Another example of why I can't find one good reason to share your company!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Hah-so, @Rookiescot . . . or rather Hi-So, since that's the most likely answer. It's where the money-men do their playing-out and we all know what they keep in their wallets 😠 !

Politics.

5 minutes ago, Rain said:
20 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Politics.

You mean the "Don't you know who I am?" sort of politics?

• Like 2