Jump to content

News Forum - BREAKING: Test & Go registration closed indefinitely, enter before January 15


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, CharlesW said:

This is now truly unbelievable and I doubt if the Thai tourist industry will ever really recover. Why is everything so complicated and uncertain? ...all these nonsensical and constantly changing names and programs, SHA,CCSA,Sandbox QR code etc no othe country does this. Vaccinated people should be able to travel anywhere, especially now that Omicron is now dominant. Otherwise stop wasting people’s time and money and fully lockdown Thailand for 12 months.

Of course the tourism industry will survive. It always does!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I have an approved Thai Pass - leaving from the US on the 14th Jan (Next Friday) to arrive Bangkok Jan 16th. Am I screwed? Is this 1 day after the cutoff? Do I need to change to a AQ hotel and quarantine for 7 nights? If so, how to I get the new entry document approved in the next few days when the whole scheme is still up in the air?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 
 
⛔ Thailand Pass registration under Test & Go (EQ) Scheme remains suspended until further notice.
 
⚠️ Test & Go (EQ) QR code holders can still enter Thailand under this scheme. (⚡️cut-off date of 15 January 2022 has been revoked.⚡️)
 
✅ Thailand Pass registration under Alternative Quarantine (AQ) Scheme and Sandbox Programme Scheme (only Phuket) remain open for those who wish to visit Thailand.
 
✅ Thailand Pass registration under Sandbox Programme Scheme for Ko Samui, Phang-nga, and Krabi will be ready for registration on 11 January 2022.
 
⚠️ Passengers who have arrived in Thailand or will arrive in Thailand under Test and Go and Sandbox Programme must undergo their 2nd COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR technique (not ATK self-test) at government-designated facilities (no additional cost).
 
This was posted by the Royal Thai Embassy in The Hague 3 hours ago.
So far, the only other confirmation of this I could find was on the Facebook page of the Royal Thai Embassy Stockholm, yet not on their website.
 
As for me, I'll wait until I get confirmation through different chanels before I change my plans (arrive on the 16th) to a sandbox program.
 
Again, not sure if this is accurate, but it was posted by 2 embassies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

It should've been easy to determine which of the various claims in this thread is correct... but it turned out to be a mess.

According to https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1127728044636789&ref=sharing (timestamp is 7:10), for those that have already received their QR code there is currently no change to the rules (which implies that the current cut-of date remains). The summary on https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd goes a step further by stating that there is no cut-of date. I couldn't find the Thai version of today's briefing but -  according to a confused commenter on FB - that version states that the cut-of date has been moved to Jan 15.

To summarize:

  • Thai briefing: cut-off at Jan 15 (stated explicitly, but  unverified by me)
  • English briefing: cut-off at Jan 10 (stated implicitly by means of a mangled English sentence that perhaps misses some words)
  • English textual summary: no cut-off

My guess (!) is that the article is correct as it matches the proposal which seemed likely to be adopted. 
@Thaiger: please don't neglect linking to sources; the confusion in this thread was avoidable.
 

Tell that to the international airlines.  We are seeing reports of people denied flights to Thailand despite Test and Go still being good for some.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)


Anouncement revised:
Test&Go (EQ) QR code holders can still enter under this sheme. (cut-of-date of 15 January 2022 has been revoked)



image.thumb.png.2ad3f276ee0e925bd085908f76ffa1db.png

Edited by Asperli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Thai government is creating a total mess by discussing cutoff dates for granted T-and-G prior to December 21. The latest from Friday was reported in the press to be 15 January based on CCSA (sp?) meeting. that would reflect the final decision to get published.

TG air line has taken this date to heart and will cancel or rebook. The embassy here in Switzerland said it would support Thai nationals to rebook later arrivals and get the ThaiPass re-issued for arrival by Jan 15.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m scheduled to arrive in Bangkok under test and go on January 21. I’m completely unclear as to whether go or not. I’m out of time to cancel my travel plans without a significant cost. How hard is it to give tourists clear answers?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

<content not in English - deleted> <refer Forum Guidelines please>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

20 hours ago, GP2524 said:

⚠️ Test & Go (EQ) QR code holders can still enter Thailand under this scheme. (⚡️cut-off date of 15 January 2022 has been revoked.⚡️)

You can't 'revoke' something that never existed in the first instance.

There was merely a 'proposal' that those who applied for the TP prior to Dec 22nd should only be permitted to enter up to Jan 15th under the same conditions applicable at the time of their application. E.G Test and Go, 1 night reservation in a hotel.

The meeting yesterday confirmed that those applying before the suspension of the test and go scheme and being grant a TP could indeed travel up to Jan 15th and still enter under the Test and Go scheme.
However with many having made plans to enter later than Jan 15th, the committee made no immediate decision if these would be still allowed to enter under the test and go scheme.

There is therefore and never has been any cut of date for entry under the Test and Go scheme if you applied for your TP prior to the Dec 22nd cut off date for applications under the T&G scheme.

A final decision is still to be made and announced.
The Health Minister (Anutin) is in favour of a 'cut off' date of Jan 15th under the T&G scheme, whilst TAT and the MFA are of the opinion those who applied prior to Dec 22nd should be allowed  entry under that scheme regardless of the date of entry.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been planning my visit for 4 months, and I'm set to arrive on Jan. 21 with a pre-approved test-and-go Thai Pass. I can't believe the rug has been pulled from under us, right after they grandfathered us in 3 weeks ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Poolie said:

Of course the tourism industry will survive. It always does!

Sure. As it will in time. 

The ever-repeated myth that tourism, per se, is vitally influential to the Thai economy needs to squelched. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rain said:

Sure. As it will in time. 

The ever-repeated myth that tourism, per se, is vitally influential to the Thai economy needs to squelched. 

One would think it had shown how resilient it can be with various ventures coming out blinking into the light right at the moment. Throw anything at it and it shrugs it all off. Two years and counting, it felt nowt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Faz said:

You can't 'revoke' something that never existed in the first instance.

There was merely a 'proposal' that those who applied for the TP prior to Dec 22nd should only be permitted to enter up to Jan 15th under the same conditions applicable at the time of their application. E.G Test and Go, 1 night reservation in a hotel.

The meeting yesterday confirmed that those applying before the suspension of the test and go scheme and being grant a TP could indeed travel up to Jan 15th and still enter under the Test and Go scheme.
However with many having made plans to enter later than Jan 15th, the committee made no immediate decision if these would be still allowed to enter under the test and go scheme.

There is therefore and never has been any cut of date for entry under the Test and Go scheme if you applied for your TP prior to the Dec 22nd cut off date for applications under the T&G scheme.

A final decision is still to be made and announced.
The Health Minister (Anutin) is in favour of a 'cut off' date of Jan 15th under the T&G scheme, whilst TAT and the MFA are of the opinion those who applied prior to Dec 22nd should be allowed to entry under that scheme regardless of the date of entry.

Good to know that they're all on the same page....🙄🥴

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Rickie said:

I've been planning my visit for 4 months, and I'm set to arrive on Jan. 21 with a pre-approved test-and-go Thai Pass. I can't believe the rug has been pulled from under us, right after they grandfathered us in 3 weeks ago.

Where did you want to arrive?

How difficult is it, to change that and arrive via a sandbox area? You 'can't' leave that area for 7 days, till after the sec. test,  but you can roam freely and, perhaps, infect as many people, as possible.

Or get infected in this days by others, who don't get tested or  can roam freely around, till test 2. 5-7 days between test one and two is making it almost impossible, to find the real source of anyone, infected. I think, that is the plan!

And your flight should be changeable, so there is max. the first SHA reservation at risk.

Just a couple of thoughts. ;-)

 

Edited by Guest1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 2:58 PM, rockitos said:

Same here. I have Thai Pass aproved for 25 January. Now i need to cancel all :(, and lose almost all of my money :( because i see now even with Flexibile ticket option cancelation taxes are huge :(

I love Thailand, i go many times there, but I think is last time.

How can say, you are welcome, and a bit after, you can not come anymore :(

I have take holiday from my work, and now i will stay 2 weeks in my house, and also lost a lot a money :(

Consider, perhaps, instead of cancellation, a change to sandbox!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, rockitos said:

I hope all of us, will respect the sanitary rules, for everyone pass safe the Omicron Wave.

By looking around, every day on Phuket, near the beaches, in the 7/11s, malls: 

You expect a bit much, methinks.

A friend of mine has even seen a younger western lady, sitting on the sidewalk, doing her nasal ATK. Why the heck will someone do that on open roadside? 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Test and go program is closed. For the one who already have a test and go QR code can enter Thailand till future notice or at the end of Januari 2022. 

You must stay in hotel after take a RT PCR for Covid 19 test. You can leave hotel after the test is negatief.

After 7 days you must take the 2nd test. And the test is providing by Thai government. Look at this youtube video how chaos and unhuman this free of charge 2nd covid 19 test.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

By looking around, every day on Phuket, near the beaches, in the 7/11s, malls: 

You expect a bit much, methinks.

A friend of mine has even seen a younger western lady, sitting on the sidewalk, doing her nasal ATK. Why the heck will someone do that on open roadside? 

Yuk! How hard is it for tourists to wear a mask properly or just keep a little distance? I keep on saying that with increasing regularity when I head out in Phuket.

Whatever your opinion, the rules on social distancing and mask wearing are clear here. 

Edited by Artemis080
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The news article is wrong.  I arrive in Feb on test and go and confirmed today by email Jan 9/from embassy says it's still as is. There is no Jan 15 date as rule. Only chatter.

 

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

 
 
Please be informed that we still do not have further instructions regarding this matter. So what we currently follow is that you can still use your Thailand pass under the test and go scheme even if your flight is scheduled in February. 
 
Kindly wait for further advice regarding your concern or you may visit our website for updates: https://thaiembassymnl.ph/index.php/en/
 
 
 
Regards,
Consular Assistant
Royal Thai Embassy 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Consider, perhaps, instead of cancellation, a change to sandbox!

No you are ok.  I emailed the embassy on Friday night. They replied today Jan 9 at moon

 

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

 
 
Please be informed that we still do not have further instructions regarding this matter. So what we currently follow is that you can still use your Thailand pass under the test and go scheme even if your flight is scheduled in February. 
 
Kindly wait for further advice regarding your concern or you may visit our website for updates: https://thaiembassymnl.ph/index.php/en/
 
 
 
Regards,
Consular Assistant
Royal Thai Embassy 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2022 at 5:52 PM, Rain said:

Good to know that they're all on the same page....🙄🥴

You are correct as verified by the embassy today 

 

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

 
 
Please be informed that we still do not have further instructions regarding this matter. So what we currently follow is that you can still use your Thailand pass under the test and go scheme even if your flight is scheduled in February. 
 
Kindly wait for further advice regarding your concern or you may visit our website for updates: https://thaiembassymnl.ph/index.php/en/
 
 
 
Regards,
Consular Assistant
Royal Thai Embassy 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CanAsia said:

No you are ok.  I emailed the embassy on Friday night. They replied today Jan 9 at moon

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

 
 
Please be informed that we still do not have further instructions regarding this matter. So what we currently follow is that you can still use your Thailand pass under the test and go scheme even if your flight is scheduled in February. 
 
Kindly wait for further advice regarding your concern or you may visit our website for updates: https://thaiembassymnl.ph/index.php/en/
 
 
 
Regards,
Consular Assistant
Royal Thai Embassy 

The Embassy just writes, they don't know.

Aside that even from the government, right now, is still not an answer to get, that is just not saying, how it will be done, in the next time.

Things change quickly, in covid times, and I wish people the best. Just checking, or at least having it in mind, the options for sandbox, that can be another door, in case they still putting a date on test&go.

Just saying!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, CanAsia said:

The news article is wrong.  I arrive in Feb on test and go and confirmed today by email Jan 9/from embassy says it's still as is. There is no Jan 15 date as rule. Only chatter.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

 
 
Please be informed that we still do not have further instructions regarding this matter. So what we currently follow is that you can still use your Thailand pass under the test and go scheme even if your flight is scheduled in February. 
 
Kindly wait for further advice regarding your concern or you may visit our website for updates: https://thaiembassymnl.ph/index.php/en/
 
 
 
Regards,
Consular Assistant
Royal Thai Embassy 

A more than interesting post, @CanAsia, especially for those, like yourself, to whom the Test & Go and travel dates are material. Your debut post too, so thanks for that and welcome to the forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Guest1 said:

The Embassy just writes, they don't know.

Aside that even from the government, right now, is still not an answer to get, that is just not saying, how it will be done, in the next time.

Things change quickly, in covid times, and I wish people the best. Just checking, or at least having it in mind, the options for sandbox, that can be another door, in case they still putting a date on test&go.

Just saying!

Never were on the same page of the last couple months - regarding all the changes, revisions cancellations. 

Same as it ever was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

The Embassy just writes, they don't know.

Aside that even from the government, right now, is still not an answer to get, that is just not saying, how it will be done, in the next time.

Things change quickly, in covid times, and I wish people the best. Just checking, or at least having it in mind, the options for sandbox, that can be another door, in case they still putting a date on test&go.

Just saying!

Oh

I thought they are saying "further instructions"

It means NO Change

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use