News Forum - BREAKING: Test & Go registration closed indefinitely, enter before January 15

Thaiger

I call Thai Embassy from Bucharest, a few minutes ago to ask about 15 January cut of for Thai Pass.

Thai lady how answer to phone, say that is not any cut of date, for now, and to follow only official channel like Thai Embassy or Thai Goverment web site.

36 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Sorry Faz, I should have read the post above before sending. That’s clarified then as midnight on the 15th. Cheers 

Well, they use the word 'travel', not arrival, so my interpretation is that if you current plans are to 'travel' on 15th, you may arrive on 16th, but would still be OK.
I would expect airlines to be able to confirm such in the coming days.

• Like 2

I land on the 16th at midday. 

the embassy website has not yet been updated in London. 

is the 15th a set in stone deadline? where can we find official information rather than news?

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Storm said:

Factually correct to a point.

Those who have already received their TP with plans to travel up to Jan 15th will be permitted to enter under the existing Test and Go scheme. A final decision has yet to be made for those who applied for the Thailand Pass prior to Dec 22nd, but their date of intended travel is after Jan 15th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

Factually correct to a point.

Those who have already received their TP with plans to travel up to Jan 15th will be permitted to enter under the existing Test and Go scheme. A final decision has yet to be made for those who applied for the Thailand Pass prior to Dec 22nd, but their date of intended travel is after Jan 15th.

So....what's the strategy and purposed program post 15th Jan? Shouldn't the immediate future be addressed as well? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

So....what's the strategy and purposed program post 15th Jan? Shouldn't the immediate future be addressed as well? 

Allow me to re-state the question for you. 

Shouldn't the immediate future be addressed now? And what's the strategy and proposed program post January 15th? 

Other than the question of whether or not anyone who has received a QR coded/Thai Pass with an entry date after January 15th can still enter, your answers can be found within the full article. Go back and read the part discussing the cancelation of the Test and Go program and the additional options within the Sandbox Scheme that will remain applicable moving forward. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Allow me to re-state the question for you. 

Shouldn't the immediate future be addressed now? And what's the strategy and proposed program post January 15th? 

Other than the question of whether or not anyone who has received a QR coded/Thai Pass with an entry date after January 15th can still enter, your answers can be found within the full article. Go back and read the part discussing the cancelation of the Test and Go program and the additional options within the Sandbox Scheme that will remain applicable moving forward. 

And the standard BKK quarantine schemes - for those who aren't doing the Sandbox.

41 minutes ago, Malcom said:

I arrive in BKK on the 19th, so how long would I have to stay in Quarantine? I have a TP QR code ( I know it's not valid after the 15th )

A decision on those with a TP travelling after Jan 15th has yet to be determined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

And the standard BKK quarantine schemes - for those who aren't doing the Sandbox.

"Thailand Pass system will only accept new applicants seeking to enter Thailand under Alternative Quarantine (AQ) or Phuket Sandbox. Applicants are subject to the quarantine period as follows: 7 days for fully vaccinated travelers, 10 days for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers, and 14 days for travelers departing from high-risk countries."

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/changes-of-measures-for-travelers-who-wish-to-enter-thailand-effective-from-00-00-hrs-of-22-december-2021-thailand-local-time/

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Faz said:

A decision on those with a TP travelling after Jan 15th has yet to be determined.

It looks to me, that those who have been granted a QR/Thai pass for arrival before or after the 15th are good to go. It is those who have already registered and have yet to receive approval who are in question as they have not received an approval yet. In other words, no matter what your arrival date is, if you have already received an approval you are good to go. 

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/changes-of-measures-for-travelers-who-wish-to-enter-thailand-effective-from-00-00-hrs-of-22-december-2021-thailand-local-time/

Thai Pass.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

"Thailand Pass system will only accept new applicants seeking to enter Thailand under Alternative Quarantine (AQ) or Phuket Sandbox. Applicants are subject to the quarantine period as follows: 7 days for fully vaccinated travelers, 10 days for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers, and 14 days for travelers departing from high-risk countries."

Ta. Inquiry resolved. 

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Applications submitted from Dec 22nd can only enter Thailand via Phuket Sandbox.
7 days SHA+ if fully vaccinated.
10 days AQ if unvaccinated.

Entering-Thailand-3-types-of-countries-1.thumb.jpg.4cfc020ba14f4862ecb94391c653e50e.jpg

6 hours ago, rockitos said:

Same here. I have Thai Pass aproved for 25 January. Now i need to cancel all :(, and lose almost all of my money :( because i see now even with Flexibile ticket option cancelation taxes are huge :(

I love Thailand, i go many times there, but I think is last time.

How can say, you are welcome, and a bit after, you can not come anymore :(

I have take holiday from my work, and now i will stay 2 weeks in my house, and also lost a lot a money :(

Anybody thinking of a 2 week Far East/Asia holiday in the current climate needs a check up from the neck up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rockitos said:

I call Thai Embassy from Bucharest, a few minutes ago to ask about 15 January cut of for Thai Pass.

Thai lady how answer to phone, say that is not any cut of date, for now, and to follow only official channel like Thai Embassy or Thai Government web site.

15th..........end of.....

(unless reviewed before or after that date)

50 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

It looks to me, that those who have been granted a QR/Thai pass for arrival before or after the 15th are good to go. It is those who have already registered and have yet to receive approval who are in question as they have not received an approval yet. In other words, no matter what your arrival date is, if you have already received an approval you are good to go. 

Not quite.

The question was/is for those who applied before Dec 22nd under the Test and Go scheme and been approved, for how long would they be permitted to enter Thailand under the conditions they applied for.
Todays meeting resolved that those travelling up to Jan 15th could still enter under the T&G conditions, but for those with plans to travel after that date a final decision has not yet been made.

If they don't allow those with plans to travel after Jan 15th to enter under the T&G scheme they applied under, then they'll have to reapply under the 'Sandbox' scheme, which means 7 nights in an SHA+ hotel.

10 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Anybody thinking of a 2 week Far East/Asia holiday in the current climate needs a check up from the neck up.

Unfortunately @Chaimai some only plan with the 'little' head in mind.

• Haha 2

There is NO final cut-off date for Test & Go applicants to arrive in Thailand. This is still to be decided.

Statement by the MFA earlier this evening;

Mr. Tanee Sangrat, Director-General of the Department of Information and Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, shared the following information regarding adjustments to the measures for entry into Thailand, as confirmed at the meeting held today (7 January 2022) by the Center for COVID Situation Administration (CCSA), namely:

The meeting agreed today, to maintain suspension of registration for Thailand Pass for additional international travelers intending to apply for the Test and Go scheme until further notice. But for those who have already received approvals and their QR Code under the Test and Go scheme before this time, are allowed to enter under previous conditions up until 15 January 2022. For those who have received approvals and a QR code for the Test and Go scheme prior to today and have plans to travel after 15 January 2022, their approvals/status will be evaluated once again.

For those traveling into Thailand through the Sandbox scheme (remaining within the Sandbox area for a total of 7 days) or those who will undergo Alternative Quarantine (7 days for those with a complete dosage of vaccinations and 10 days for those who have not yet received the complete dosage of vaccinations), they are still able to register and enter Thailand under those conditions.

Other than that, from 11 January 2022 onwards, new applications for international travelers entering through the Sandbox scheme will be accepted for three additional Sandbox areas (beyond Phuket), namely Surat Thani Province (Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan and Koh Tao), Krabi Province and Pang Nga Province, which have a high level of preparedness in terms of provincial management and public health measures, which will allow access to other areas and also help promote provincial island tourism.

2 minutes ago, Faz said:

Not quite.

The question was/is for those who applied before Dec 22nd under the Test and Go scheme and been approved, for how long would they be permitted to enter Thailand under the conditions they applied for.
Todays meeting resolved that those travelling up to Jan 15th could still enter under the T&G conditions, but for those with plans to travel after that date a final decision has not yet been made.

If they don't allow those with plans to travel after Jan 15th to enter under the T&G scheme they applied under, then they'll have to reapply under the 'Sandbox' scheme, which means 7 nights in an SHA+ hotel.

Right. So correct me if I am wrong, but if you have been approved, you have necessarily submitted a definitive arrival date with that application/approval process (because that is part of the application or your application will not be processed), thus you would already have a prescribed date. You would not be able to make any changes to that already prescribed arrival date for travel after Jan. 15th. To me this makes the question "for how long would they be permitted to enter Thailand under the conditions they applied for." really a moot question, because the answer is, you have a specified date to arrive with your prior approval, and you cannot change that date requesting an arrival after January 15th. I suppose you could change your flight date before January 15th, but not after. To me the Thai Consulate graphic Number 1. is very clear on this point. Maybe that point has been recently changed? So this is just how I interpret this notice from the Thai Consulate.... In any case, they really have created a lot of confusion now... this is going to have a very bad ripple effect on future tourism for sure.

A friend just contacted me as he is becoming frustrated with looking at the options for his GF's return to Thailand.

She is flying on 14th January but they have not yet applied for Thailand Pass. Why?.....no idea. We are where we are.

As I understand the only options are to apply for ASQ or Phuket Sandbox.

If there are any bright ideas please let me know.

Perhaps not the best advice but I would consider changing the flight to a month hence and hope for relaxations in Test & Go and the Thailand Pass process. Whilst that would undoubtedly put her on overstay I think there has never been a better time to plead Covid mitigation when applying for her next visa.

38 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Right. So correct me if I am wrong, but if you have been approved, you have necessarily submitted a definitive arrival date with that application/approval process (because that is part of the application or your application will not be processed), thus you would already have a prescribed date. You would not be able to make any changes to that already prescribed arrival date for travel after Jan. 15th. To me this makes the question "for how long would they be permitted to enter Thailand under the conditions they applied for." really a moot question, because the answer is, you have a specified date to arrive with your prior approval, and you cannot change that date requesting an arrival after January 15th.

Correct, unless you submitted a new application.

39 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I suppose you could change your flight date before January 15th, but not after.

Again, not without a new application.

45 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

To me the Thai Consulate graphic Number 1. is very clear on this point. Maybe that point has been recently changed?

That graphic is now out of date with what's actually happening now.
1. Has now become Jan 15th.
2. Is not yet decided.

48 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

In any case, they really have created a lot of confusion now... this is going to have a very bad ripple effect on future tourism for sure.

I can't argue with that sentiment other than TIT.

Read the MFA statement I posted above in post #136569

50 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

She is flying on 14th January but they have not yet applied for Thailand Pass. Why?.....no idea. We are where we are.

Very doubtful IMO.

50 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

As I understand the only options are to apply for ASQ or Phuket Sandbox.

The only option to currently enter is via the Sandbox scheme.
7 days SHA+ if fully vaccinated, otherwise 10 days AQ if unvaccinated.

• Like 1

This is now truly unbelievable and I doubt if the Thai tourist industry will ever really recover. Why is everything so complicated and uncertain? ...all these nonsensical and constantly changing names and programs, SHA,CCSA,Sandbox QR code etc no othe country does this. Vaccinated people should be able to travel anywhere, especially now that Omicron is now dominant. Otherwise stop wasting people’s time and money and fully lockdown Thailand for 12 months.