News Forum - BREAKING: Test & Go registration closed indefinitely, enter before January 15

Thaiger

Registration for Thailand’s Test & Go quarantine exemption scheme will be closed indefinitely. And travellers, who are already approved to enter Thailand under the Test & Go quarantine exemption program, have until January 15 to arrive. At its general meeting today, chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration decided to continue with the suspension of the entry scheme until further notice. Those who have received a Thailand Pass QR code will be allowed to enter Thailand under the Test & Go scheme over the next few days, and the last group of approved Test & Go […]

The story BREAKING: Test & Go registration closed indefinitely, enter before January 15 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

The article is false. The CCSA has not (yet) imposed any deadline for entry. I can only assume the reporter did not actually listen to the update direct from the CCSA.

• Like 1

I love Thailand and finially after waiting 2 years iI had a Test&Go for february.  This is the second time i lose money because of Thailands flip-flop decisions. I start asking myself what is so great about Thailand that makes it worth all that hassle
As if the inevitable spread of Omicron could be stopped with suspending Test&Go. Its just a loss of money for the Thai Tourist Industry and many of the tourists that need to cancel.
Very disappointed by Thailands decission.

Edited by Asperli
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

And travellers, who are already approved to enter Thailand under the Test & Go quarantine exemption program, have until January 15 to arrive.

That was a proposal and not yet officially confirmed.

4 minutes ago, Asperli said:

I love Thailand and finially after waiting 2 years iI had a Test&Go for february.  This is the second time i lose money because of Thailands flip-flop decisions. I start asking myself what is so great about Thailand that makes it worth all that hassle
As if the inevitable spread of Omicron could be stopped with suspending Test&Go. Its just a loss of money for the Thai Tourist Industry and many of the tourists that need to cancel.
Very disappointed by Thailands decission.

Dont cancel yet, CCSA is still considering dates after jan 15

16 minutes ago, gundam0315 said:

Dont cancel yet, CCSA is still considering dates after jan 15

If PM heads the team, I believe CCSA will follow that.  Got Pass approved for the month of FEB. I believe I have to cancel. 

Same here. I have Thai Pass aproved for 25 January. Now i need to cancel all :(, and lose almost all of my money :( because i see now even with Flexibile ticket option cancelation taxes are huge :(

I love Thailand, i go many times there, but I think is last time.

How can say, you are welcome, and a bit after, you can not come anymore :(

I have take holiday from my work, and now i will stay 2 weeks in my house, and also lost a lot a money :(

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lewisfricker said:

I’m approved for arrival on the 12th but my flight doesn’t land in Thailand until the 13th. My pass will still be valid?

If the cut of arrival date for existing holders of the TP is confirmed as Jan 15th, then your OK.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Registration for Thailand’s Test & Go quarantine exemption scheme will be closed indefinitely. And travellers, who are already approved to enter Thailand under the Test & Go quarantine exemption program, have until January 15 to arrive.

Though they may not have a good chance to leave …. Under the Test and No Go application.

• Haha 2

Upon news T&G being suspended i immediately opted for Sandbox instead on the basis it was more likely to kept going and now fly 14th and arrive 15th. Travelling only because i haven't seen family in over a year, otherwise simply can't understand why anybody would want to holiday under these circumstances.

There is no relief on my part at today's news, now just have the next two weeks both here in UK and in Phuket self isolating as much as poss, to avoid worst case scenario of AQ hotel lockdown before trying, hopefully to head on to Ubon, where Mayor closed schools, Central Mall etc just the other day.

Have to say, however, that I am travelling eyes wide open the same as anyone else and if it does go pear-shaped it's nobody's responsibility but mine. If people can't accept that mindset logically they shouldn't be travelling. This pandemic is no longer news in terms of the uncertainty involved.

• Like 3

On other news portals, it is reported as 'further registrations under the Test and Go Scheme' suspended indefinately, but travellers with a valid QR code can travel - and no mention of a cut off day.

• Like 1

It should've been easy to determine which of the various claims in this thread is correct... but it turned out to be a mess.

According to https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1127728044636789&ref=sharing (timestamp is 7:10), for those that have already received their QR code there is currently no change to the rules (which implies that the current cut-of date remains). The summary on https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd goes a step further by stating that there is no cut-of date. I couldn't find the Thai version of today's briefing but -  according to a confused commenter on FB - that version states that the cut-of date has been moved to Jan 15.

To summarize:

• Thai briefing: cut-off at Jan 15 (stated explicitly, but  unverified by me)
  • English briefing: cut-off at Jan 10 (stated implicitly by means of a mangled English sentence that perhaps misses some words)
  • English textual summary: no cut-off

My guess (!) is that the article is correct as it matches the proposal which seemed likely to be adopted. 
@Thaiger: please don't neglect linking to sources; the confusion in this thread was avoidable.

• Like 1

Hi

I arrive on 15th , my thai pass arrival date is 15th , Quick question ,  when they say cut off date is 15th do they mean I have to arrive before 15th as in 11.59 on 14th or i have untill end of day on the 15th to arrive

appreciate any definitive answer

Cheers

Andrew

7 minutes ago, andyr67 said:

Hi

I arrive on 15th , my thai pass arrival date is 15th , Quick question ,  when they say cut off date is 15th do they mean I have to arrive before 15th as in 11.59 on 14th or i have untill end of day on the 15th to arrive

Cheers

Andrew

Hi, @andyr67and welcome to Thaiger Talk! Not an expert in these matters, I will insert a mention for @Faz, who is and who will I'm sure soon advise on your '15th' issue.

• Like 1

I read on the Facebook of the goverment, that entertaiment venue like, bar karaoke and other open from 16 January in Blue Zone, no cut - off for existing Thai Pass, open 3 more Sandboxes. Also alcohool alowed in Blue Zone SHA restaurants, and africans citizents alowed to enter Thailand.

That is 180 degrees oposite, as we expected. And from my point of view, the voice of reason become strong, and win this time.

I hoppe all of us, will respect the sanitary rules, for everyone pass safe the Omicron Wave.

50 minutes ago, andyr67 said:

You can enter on 15th under the Test and Go scheme.

Mr. Tanee Sangrat, Director-General of the Department of Information and Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, shared the following information regarding adjustments to the measures for entry into Thailand, as confirmed at the meeting held today (7 January 2022) by the Center for COVID Situation Administration (CCSA), namely:

The meeting agreed today, to maintain suspension of registration for Thailand Pass for additional international travelers intending to apply for the Test and Go scheme until further notice. But for those who have already received approvals and their QR Code under the Test and Go scheme before this time, are allowed to enter under previous conditions up until 15 January 2022. For those who have received approvals and a QR code for the Test and Go scheme prior to today and have plans to travel after 15 January 2022, their approvals/status will be evaluated once again.

The fact the MFA statement states 'have plans to travel after 15 January 2022, their approvals/status will be evaluated once again', means arrivals up to and including 15th are unaffected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Faz said:

If the cut of arrival date for existing holders of the TP is confirmed as Jan 15th, then your OK.

Faz, not looking to be picky. However are we clear if this means no entry after 23:59:59 on the 14th? In other words by or before the 15th. Or do they mean 23:59:59 of the 15th? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Faz, not looking to be picky. However are we clear if this means no entry after 23:59:59 on the 14th? In other words by or before the 15th. Or do they mean 23:59:59 of the 15th? 

Sorry Faz, I should have read the post above before sending. That’s clarified then as midnight on the 15th. Cheers 

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

This newly proposed date might turn out to be rather moot. The 15th is a suggested review date, not an end all one and certainly not cut in stone. As we all should know - what they conveniently announce and what they act upon are two different things. 

Personally, I'm not expecting them to clear this up at all, observing from their very recent history of attempting to shift the game numerous time to accommodate all parties - especially their profit machine. 

I just don't think they're going to reinstall the rather young, and mucked up, T&P program. By the end of this month, they'll refit/modify the TP by way of the old COE/mandated quarantine and stick with that. All of which has been already burdened by the illogical and rhetorical Thai bureaucratic systems of the last two months. 

I guess we'll see, won't we? This 15th January nonsense.