News Forum - 72 year old foreign man fell to death from Pattaya condo

Thaiger

Another in the disproportionate list of people falling out of buildings in Pattaya occurred last night, as a 72 year old foreign man fell to his death out of a condo window in Central Pattaya. The man who is believed to be an expat was found dead on the street below the property. The details of both the condo name and the identity of the man who fell to his death have been withheld from the press and the public until the family of the deceased has been notified and the police are able to conduct a full investigation. The […]

The story 72 year old foreign man fell to death from Pattaya condo as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have no idea who this guy was, but it is a terrible thing.

Was it the illnesses? Was he just lonely, without anyone to talk to? Did he recently end a relationship of some kind? Was it Covid in some way? Did he run out of money and couldn't face the prospects? Did he lose someone? Did he have a mental illness? Was he simply tired of it all? 

Is anyone going to mourn him?

I doubt that we will ever know.

When an old-timer commits suicide, a little piece of all of us dies too.

Rest in Peace

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the expat community need more help to deal with issues such as depression, anxiety, loneliness, finance and other stress related issues.

• Like 4

Depression and suicide is a real problem. In the US, older adults make up 12% of the population, but account for 18% of all suicide deaths. That's an alarming statistic. We are all going to get old and likely need help one day. Extend a hand and you might save a life.

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”  Charles Bukowski

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Seems to be a lot of farang's falling out of condos.

There was some  (other) time, in Phuket, there it was almost every week minimum one. Even falling to death  from the second floor, almost always ruled 'no foulplay', accident or drunk.

You could get the idea, people flew all the way just for this.

R.i.P. , old man.

Edited by Guest1

3 hours ago, PatrickSatoLee said:

the expat community need more help to deal with issues such as depression, anxiety, loneliness, finance and other stress related issues.

The expat community needs to drink less and act responsibly..... every bad decision a man can make lives in Pattaya. 

Depression can be beat 

but not at end of a bottle 

yer yer I get he might not of been this way but 90 percent are 

Edited by Markwick
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

There was some  (other) time, in Phuket, there it was almost every week minimum one. Even falling to death  from the second floor, almost always ruled 'no foulplay', accident or drunk.

You could get the idea, people flew all the way just for this.

R.i.P. , old man.

I’ve lived here they get lost in this world of Pattaya and it’s there last stop 

alcoholic heaven your a fool if you think otherwise 

and right now Pattaya is dead lonely 

don’t listen to the YouTube bar ebegging it’s dead in soul and heart 

you would be a fool or desperate once again to go now 

why why why now Covid has ripped through the joint 4000 in hospital in chon Buri

whyyyyyyyyy

Edited by Markwick
  • Like 2

RIP .

Why so much  conjecture other than to satisfy the  intent of the  headline/ appeal to the morbid?

Let it rest as an accidental result of life as it is experienced!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Markwick said:

The expat community needs to drink less and act responsibly..... every bad decision a man can make lives in Pattaya. 

Depression can be beat 

but not at end of a bottle 

yer yer I get he might not of been this way but 90 percent are 

The majority of expats in Chonbury are working in companies. Maybe you have knowledge about Chonbury/ Rayong or never heard of the eastern Corridor and maybe never heard abot BMW, Mitsubishi, etc all the automotive Industry, Energy etc etc. and just about 2000 german Companies Bangkok, Chonbury. Never heard of Bosch, Grimm, Haefele, ABB, etc etc. Many live in or around Pattaya because of real estate and short distances to the industrial/ comercial belt. It is annoying that write something about expats, Chonbury but no nothing about!

14 hours ago, Stardust said:

The majority of expats in Chonbury are working in companies. Maybe you have knowledge about Chonbury/ Rayong or never heard of the eastern Corridor and maybe never heard abot BMW, Mitsubishi, etc all the automotive Industry, Energy etc etc. and just about 2000 german Companies Bangkok, Chonbury. Never heard of Bosch, Grimm, Haefele, ABB, etc etc. Many live in or around Pattaya because of real estate and short distances to the industrial/ comercial belt. It is annoying that write something about expats, Chonbury but no nothing about!

I’ve lived here for over 7 years and been to more developers night that I can remember 

the numbers your talking about is small compared to mass tourists and bums 

hence I agree with Thailand up the rules move on the dead beats 

I add value with my assets the worker adds value in tax 

drinkers and bums add zero and they make up the biggest percentage 

you sound like you have zero idea about economics 

Edited by Markwick
  • Like 1

Foreigners falling off Buildings in Pattaya was one of the main reasons for death even 42 years ago. The autopsy always reported "Heart stopped". This cause of death has now migrated to the chinese community in Sihanoukville.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

When an old-timer commits suicide, a little piece of all of us dies too.

No it doesn't.

Suicide, if that is what this is,  is a personal choice and while one can feel sorry about any death, planned or unplanned, it impacts my own life not at all. I may be more impacted by a murder, or destitute peoples dying for want of basic care or food,  over sentimentality for someone in Pattaya who I do not know,  is not in my nature.  

Edited by Pinetree
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, CamPat said:

"Heart stopped"

Find a good person who will love you when you are drunk or sober. Someone who you can trust. Be the person someone else can trust and rely on.

That person can be hard to find but sometimes if you try to follow a different path suddenly there they are.

Never forget another person will not ever be able to repair all the damage we may have done to ourselves along the way. They might not need to try if we learn from our mistakes. Make positive changes a little at a time. Little things here or there can alter life for the better. Make the changes that turn out well in to habits.

Don't lament things that could have been, only dream of things that yet still can be. Only take care that another doesn't twist your dream for their own benefit. Be careful who you love, especially when language and culture differences are involved. Be kind to others or at least try not to judge others too critically. Once upon a time they had dreams as well.

Edited by Raugh
verbage
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Markwick said:

I’ve lived here for over 7 years and been to more developers night that I can remember 

Sure the ones I am talking you mostly not meet in bars and more in offices. And this shows me that in 7 years you know nothing about Chonbury and you never were in any companies in the area and also havo no knowledge about statistics because it shows over 90 % of the foreigner are working or have own businesses/companies etc. Maybe you should talk to people who working in multi or international companies in south east asia/Thailand. But for sire you will not meet them in weekdays at the beach or bars etc. I worked for companies since the end 90s who are in south east asia/Thailand and can tell you not know a lot after 7 years about Chonbury/ Rayong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sure the ones I am talking you mostly not meet in bars and more in offices. And this shows me that in 7 years you know nothing about Chonbury and you never were in any companies in the area and also havo no knowledge about statistics because it shows over 90 % of the foreigner are working or have own businesses/companies etc. Maybe you should talk to people who working in multi or international companies in south east asia/Thailand. But for sire you will not meet them in weekdays at the beach or bars etc. I worked for companies since the end 90s who are in south east asia/Thailand and can tell you not know a lot after 7 years about Chonbury/ Rayong.

Out of 20 expat friends I have, Bangkok/Chonbury, just one who is retired. 

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

Out of 20 expat friends I have, Bangkok/Chonbury, just one who is retired. 

None of my many friends here work, all are retired. Check mate.

People should stop making sweeping statements, based on no solid data. On second thoughts,  I guess that is what anonymous forums are for, which is why nobody should take a blind bit of notice what is written in them and treat them as merely  mild entertainment, not sources of verifiable  knowledge.   

• Like 5

On 1/8/2022 at 4:47 AM, Markwick said:

What a load of croc.

Pensioners and so-called 'deadbeats' live there & spend their money and there would be no Pattaya as we know it without them. Love it or loath it, it is what it is...

Who are you to judge?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

None of my many friends here work, all are retired. Check mate.

People should stop making sweeping statements, based on no solid data. On second thoughts,  I guess that is what anonymous forums are for, which is why nobody should take a blind bit of notice what is written in them and treat them as merely  mild entertainment, not sources of verifiable  knowledge.   

Sure if they not to have work here their surroundings is different but there are statistics about foreigner and the majority is working but surly hang not around with the ones who not work and mostly have families. And I believe if they hang out the whole day at the beach or bars they will meet for sure the ones who not work.

9 hours ago, astro said:

What a load of croc.

Pensioners and so-called 'deadbeats' live there & spend their money and there would be no Pattaya as we know it without them. Love it or loath it, it is what it is...

Who are you to judge?

Lol no Pattaya 

you fool Pattaya is there now the only ones demanding it’s open are drunks and old fools 

the Thai people don’t want it open and prefer the clean set up it is now 

same with local island 

get this into your head ... they don’t want mass tourists bums again 

it’s not going to happen it’s now 55 k in Australia bank for oa and ox visa 

scrape up what u have and get to Cambodia 

your cheap days are over .. inflation for key starter... beyond your pay grade 

Hua hin they are today knocking over more bars on beach and reclaim sand it’s been going on for months 

I want the place more like this the Thai are not complaining and protesting over bars 

they could care less 

health minster wants top job of pm

he needs votes from people and lockdown wins votes in Thai world not yours 

so what’s that tell you about populist vote 

they don’t want dirty farang has this not been made clear enough for you lot 

The old days are gone they want different class of people, good for them good for me ..... unlucky for some 

live with it or don’t that’s how it is

Edited by Markwick
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Markwick said:

Lol no Pattaya 

you fool Pattaya is there now the only ones demanding it’s open are drunks and old fools 

the Thai people don’t want it open and prefer the clean set up it is now 

same with local island 

get this into your head ... they don’t want mass tourists bums again 

it’s not going to happen it’s now 55 k in Australia bank for oa and ox visa 

scrape up what u have and get to Cambodia 

your cheap days are over .. inflation for key starter... beyond your pay grade 

Hua hin they are today knocking over more bars on beach and reclaim sand it’s been going on for months 

I want the place more like this the Thai are not complaining and protesting over bars 

they could care less 

health minster wants top job of pm

he needs votes from people and lockdown wins votes in Thai world not yours 

so what’s that tell you about populist vote 

they don’t want dirty farang has this not been made clear enough for you lot 

The old days are gone they want different class of people, good for them good for me ..... unlucky for some 

live with it or don’t that’s how it is

who cares what uppity Thais or prudes like you want? good luck trying to stop the "scum" from coming here, they'll get in despite the rantings and ravings of you Khun Ying wannabes 🤣

• Like 2