News Forum - Two foreign travellers wanted by Phuket authorities, Covid-positive and left hotel quarantine

Thaiger

Two French travellers are wanted by Phuket authorities leaving their hotel quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19. Thai media used a word meaning “escape” and posted mugshots of the man and woman like suspects on a wanted criminal poster. Authorities have asked those who have seen the travellers, who are both around 35 years old, to contact the Patong Police Station. A report in the Thai media outlet Khaosod does not go into detail about what scheme the travellers entered Thailand under. Those who enter under the Test & Go scheme are required to spend at least a night in […]

The story Two foreign travellers wanted by Phuket authorities, Covid-positive and left hotel quarantine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand looks foolish every time this happens... not because it happens, but because they are too soft on offenders to the point that people believe they can get away with this behavior with a slap on the wrist (2000 baht fine, 1 week in "quarantine jail" and eventual deportation is not cutting it). I've no doubt these two too will be caught. And extenuating circumstances aside (if there are any), it's time to drop the hammer and make examples of people. Prayut needs to have a chat with Duterte for some ideas.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Thailand looks foolish every time this happens... not because it happens, but because they are too soft on offenders to the point that people believe they can get away with this behavior with a slap on the wrist (2000 baht fine, 1 week in "quarantine jail" and eventual deportation is not cutting it). I've no doubt these two too will be caught. And extenuating circumstances aside (if there are any), it's time to drop the hammer and make examples of people. Prayut needs to have a chat with Duterte for some ideas.

Duterte? If the Philippines won't charge him as an accomplice to murder, an international tribunal should look into it. 

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

Duterte? If the Philippines won't charge him as an accomplice to murder, an international tribunal should look into it. 

Not his policies on illicit drugs... his policies on those we break quarantine. There is no international tribunal looking into that to my knowledge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i have ben trying to escape from Hua Hin for years. 

they keep dragging me back kicking and screaming. 

It's because you so hansom reech falang kha

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

Well, limping and muttering incoherently......😁

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

You're too contagious to live anyway else. It's like your sanatorium.

• Haha 2

There's always someone who wants to put themselves ahead of everyone else. To those two..... I hope they deport you or put you in a Thai prison!!! To the Thai people...we're not all like that. 

2 hours ago, Cabra said:

Not his policies on illicit drugs... his policies on those we break quarantine. There is no international tribunal looking into that to my knowledge.

I've been living in The Philippines for a minute. I can say that this is all air. He talks and talks but reality is different. A Filipina just recently did it after returning from abroad. She will be "investigated". The Philippines answer to everything related to foreigners is to "deport" and blacklist so I really have no idea what Philippines you are talking about. 

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thai media used a word meaning “escape” and posted mugshots of the man and woman like suspects on a wanted criminal poster.

Not "like".

They ARE wanted criminals as they broke the law and are wanted.

it doesn't get very much simpler than that.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

To those two..... I hope they deport you or put you in a Thai prison!!!

Evidently, not a chance of that happening unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, delvonte99 said:

I've been living in The Philippines for a minute. I can say that this is all air. He talks and talks but reality is different. A Filipina just recently did it after returning from abroad. She will be "investigated". The Philippines answer to everything related to foreigners is to "deport" and blacklist so I really have no idea what Philippines you are talking about. 

That's exactly what I'm talking about... you don't blacklist and deport nationals (your Filipina example case in point), you blacklist and deport foolish foreigners we break quarantine (the point of my original comment directly related to this post). What Duterte does or does not follow through on, and what is simply bluster, I have no idea.

What about all the bar owners busted for breaking quarantine regulations non mask wearing selling alcohol, in some cases drug use. We ever find out what sentences they got. Easy just to blame the Foreigners again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

posted mugshots of the man and woman like suspects on a wanted criminal poster

Immigration unsure what category they fit into ….. maybe one of these as well LGBTQIA …. But if immigration don’t know it may be hard to tell. 

Here we go again all the while these idiots just promoted a massive Thai domestic travel and New Years campaign. If anyone has been the most dangersous it is them with their bad decisions. CM is starting to get cracks. Everywhere you go you see ambulances with their lights on taking people to the You got Covid house.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

What about all the bar owners busted for breaking quarantine regulations non mask wearing selling alcohol, in some cases drug use. We ever find out what sentences they got. Easy just to blame the Foreigners again.  

It's easy enough to find out what happens to the guilty. It's equally easy to play the victim card.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Everywhere you go you see ambulances with their lights on taking people to the You got Covid house.

Sure it’s not all the road accident victims, as CM did have the worst statistics?

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

You love Bintabaht and you know it 

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Sure it’s not all the road accident victims, as CM did have the worst statistics?

No. I can say with without reservation Covid related. Even today when I went to go running I saw 4. 

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Not "like".

They ARE wanted criminals as they broke the law and are wanted.

it doesn't get very much simpler than that.

Guess these two great and heinous felons should be a prime priority, while all around us the systems of graft and corruption carry on around through their most accepted manner. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Nah. Not buying it.😇

Farang Ghettos, and all associated, are in your blood. 🏖️