News Forum - Mother tries to give away baby, then abandons by Bangkok canal

Thaiger

A baby that was abandoned by the side of a canal in Greater Bangkok after the mother could not give him away has now been safely handed over to a state orphanage. The baby is an 11-month old girl and was left next to Bang Bua Thong district canal in the Bangkok suburb of Nonthaburi. The mother of the baby girl was spotted earlier on Monday trying again and again to hand off her child to anyone passing by including stopping cars to try to pass the baby through the window before giving up and exasperatedly placing the baby on […]

The story Mother tries to give away baby, then abandons by Bangkok canal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Evil, good for nothing B$£"H!!!

..................and you're such a nice sympathetic  considerate guy ?

Ever considered that she may have been having extreme financial difficulties and was unable to clothe or feed the baby ?

Not that I agree with her actions , but she may have been in a terrible predicament , maybe the father was threatening to kill the baby or something  

• Like 4

Such a sad story. What state of mind must this woman have. Obviously knowing that she was unable to care for the child, yet for whatever reason, she did not go to the orphanage. I hope she and her child get all the help they can

• Like 6

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Obviously you have never been in a seriously bad place mentally. 

Without knowing the full circumstances of her predicament your "off the cuff" comment is very unfair to her.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Sorry, with all due respect, you don't just dump the child by a canal!! I stand by my original opinion of her!!

She did try other options , she did ask other people to take care of her baby .

Could be that she was having a mental episode with voices in her head telling her to kill the baby and she just left it there and went away ?

Well done to her for not throwing the baby into the canal 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

..................and you're such a nice sympathetic  considerate guy ?

Ever considered that she may have been having extreme financial difficulties and was unable to clothe or feed the baby ?

Not that I agree with her actions , but she may have been in a terrible predicament , maybe the father was threatening to kill the baby or something  

46 minutes ago, palooka said:

Obviously you have never been in a seriously bad place mentally. 

Without knowing the full circumstances of her predicament your "off the cuff" comment is very unfair to her.

I frequently disagree with both of you, and I'm often accused of a lack of 'empathy', but in this case I'm with you both 1,000%.

It's not just money, but who knows her mental state or if she had what are euphemistically called 'learning difficulties' and was 'challenged'?

It's all too easy to say she should have taken the child to an orphanage, but whatever the reason was she tried to have her daughter taken over and adopted instead and even did the paperwork to ensure that was possible.

This isn't the dark ages and I'm the last to support 'snowflakes', but God Almighty - she doesn't need condemning out of hand, but needs help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitesnake said:

I would keep that label for the people who didn't help her , and just drove away .

A young woman with a baby and clearly is a distressed state and no one even offered any help, even when asked/begged 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

She did try other options , she did ask other people to take care of her baby .

Could be that she was having a mental episode with voices in her head telling her to kill the baby and she just left it there and went away ?

Well done to her for not throwing the baby into the canal 

Did she try taking her to the police or a hospital or even a temple 

• Like 1

Having a child is a commitment and the love unconditional. You don't just dump your child along a canal and say you do not want to raise her. This says so much about this women irregardless of what her situation is. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fluke said:

I would keep that label for the people who didn't help her , and just drove away .

A young woman with a baby and clearly is a distressed state and no one even offered any help, even when asked/begged 

This 100%

How would anyone see that situation and either stop and help or call the authorities to come and help.

They are the ones that deserve the scorn

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MikeW said:

Did she try taking her to the police or a hospital or even a temple 

Family or extended family?

• Like 1

Well she should've kept her legs closed in the first place. There are consequences for bad decisions, and she made many bad decisions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

Well she should've kept her legs closed in the first place. There are consequences for bad decisions, and she made many bad decisions.

You literally don't know one thing about her

She could be the devil

Or she could have a lot of bad things happen to her

You don't know.....

So what's the use judging her?

To make yourself feel better?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Yep, probably didn't consider the consequences of some irresponsible guy playing a game of "hide the sausage" with her!!!!!!!!!!!! Naturally, being Thai, he won't be seen for dust!!!

What a diseased mind you have .

Thinking about a baby being raped 

On 1/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, whitesnake said:

Sorry, with all due respect, you don't just dump the child by a canal!! I stand by my original opinion of her!!

You are perfectly entitled to stand  by your opinion. But consider the fact that  there seems to be  little information to explain why after  11 months a mother of a child is desperate enough to  abandon a  child.  That she  did not, could not  consider approaching  any organization for assistance may indicate a deficiency in many aspects that most  nationalities and cultures worldwide provide similar sad  instances of .

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, whitesnake said:

Check out the example of the youngest  mother  known to the world. Given that  example would you continue  to vilify the mother in the topic  here?

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

What a diseased mind you have .

Thinking about a baby being raped 

Ummm.....I don't think he meant that at all......

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

Wow. So it's all the mother's fault because she had sex.

God almighty ...

17 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Having a child is a commitment and the love unconditional. You don't just dump your child along a canal and say you do not want to raise her. This says so much about this women irregardless of what her situation is. 

... and the sun always shines and the sky's always blue ...

Not everyone can manage the "commitment".  That doesn't necessarily make them bad people - just less than perfect.

35 minutes ago, Fluke said:

"Hiding the sausage" is a synonym for having sex 

Yes but I don't believe he was talking about rape

I took it as him saying she was knocked up by an irresponible Thai guy who won't help

But, I'd never rule out rape in a Thailand poorer demographic setting, it is rife in that demographic in Thailand, IMO

The stories I have heard are gobsmacking!

10 hours ago, Stonker said:

Wow. So it's all the mother's fault because she had sex.

God almighty ...

So whose fault was it then?   Yeah the male included, but the girl should've kept her legs closed

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You literally don't know one thing about her

She could be the devil

Or she could have a lot of bad things happen to her

You don't know.....

So what's the use judging her?

To make yourself feel better?

I base my statement on facts, what's your excuse