News Forum - Kids ride free on BTS and MRT trains for National Children’s Day

Thaiger

National Children’s Day is coming up on January 8 and if you’ve got no plans for it, how about taking the kids for a free ride on Bangkok’s BTS and MRT trains? To celebrate the holiday, the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand will allow children under the age of 14 and under the height of 140 centimetres to ride for free. The MRT will be handing out free ride coupons at the ticket offices in any MRT Station. Those coupons are valid all day through the full service hours of the Blue Line and Purple Line of the MRT. […]

The story Kids ride free on BTS and MRT trains for National Children’s Day as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

National Children’s Day is coming up on January 8 and if you’ve got no plans for it, how about taking the kids for a free ride on Bangkok’s BTS and MRT trains? To celebrate the holiday, the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand will allow children under the age of 14 and under the height of 140 centimetres to ride for free. The MRT will be handing out free ride coupons at the ticket offices in any MRT Station. Those coupons are valid all day through the full service hours of the Blue Line and Purple Line of the MRT. […]

The story Kids ride free on BTS and MRT trains for National Children’s Day as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Firstly with the jump in infection numbers again this is a terrible idea. 

Then add to that it's only 2 lines of the BTS. 

Then your previous report that children's day has been postponed. 

So what you are reporting is although no kids day (again), take them out and about with higher infections around and hope they don't get infected. Then complain infection rates in kids have risen a lot. 

Not me and my kids! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PompeyLlama said:

Firstly with the jump in infection numbers again this is a terrible idea. 

Then add to that it's only 2 lines of the BTS. 

Then your previous report that children's day has been postponed. 

So what you are reporting is although no kids day (again), take them out and about with higher infections around and hope they don't get infected. Then complain infection rates in kids have risen a lot. 

Not me and my kids! 

Good. No-one said it was compulsory.

See you when you consider its safe.🤗

• Like 1

Ah, yes.....Children's Day. 

Recalling the pre-Covid celebratory events including displays and promotions of all things militarism. 

A fine message and influence to indoctrinate our kids. 

.....and very Buddhists. 

We're at level 4 where travel reduction is a major target, but let's hand out free tickets to travel ?!

If this were a game of chess (humans vs virions), the human side would be the one where all the major pieces are all over the place without any coherence.

20 minutes ago, Rain said:

Ah, yes.....Children's Day. 

Recalling the pre-Covid celebratory events including displays and promotions of all things militarism. 

A fine message and influence to indoctrinate our kids. 

.....and very Buddhists. 

This years' slogan is sth like "Thai children should think wisely and be responsible for society". Do with it what you like. I found it hypocrite, stupid, wise, obvious, banal, right and wrong... So I've settled for ignoring it. How much better I would have liked something like "always learn and strive to become better than the generations before you".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

This years' slogan is sth like "Thai children should think wisely and be responsible for society". Do with it what you like. I found it hypocrite, stupid, wise, obvious, banal, right and wrong... So I've settled for ignoring it. How much better I would have liked something like "always learn and strive to become better than the generations before you".

Of course. They speak of these lovely things - but truly don't want this outcome.