News Forum - 3.7 million Moderna vaccines arriving in January, 1.3 million today

Thaiger

Jabby New Year’s! The start of 2022 will see a total of 3.7 million Moderna vaccines arriving in Thailand to continue to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, with the first 1.3 million doses arriving today. Zuellig Pharma Therapeutics, the distributers of the Moderna vaccine will be delivering the 3.7 million vaccines in 3 shipments to the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation and private hospitals around the country throughout the month of January. The vaccines are a welcomed arrival as new studies show that a booster shot of Moderna offers far more protection against the more transmissible Omicron variant than only 2 doses of […]

The story 3.7 million Moderna vaccines arriving in January, 1.3 million today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Maybe 18 months to late as you charged for the first and second but couldn't get it without a return of money as things change all the time it's not always about the money unless your in Thailand 

Data shows that even a 50-microgramme booster of the mRNA vaccine increases neutralizing antibody levels by up to 37 times

Sounds impressive, just the reports forget always to mention, that the boost is on the existing count AFTER a couple of month after the second shot. Not on the count after the/every second dose directly.

At least, I did not find absolute numbers, somewhere. Anybody?

Which would mean that in case AZ is boosted 37 times from after 3 month after vaccination, that 3 month after count is lower, as Pfizer/Moderna have it after the first shot. Far below that numbers.  So the booster will not even reach (on AZ, Sino, ....) the numbers, Pfizer/Pfizer or Moderna/Moderna had in the beginning. 

These two also don't get the 'full 37 times', if get a mRNA booster.  Pfizer , booster with Pfizer, is still getting 17 times higher antibody count, Moderna booster on Moderna/Pfizer somewhere in the 20's, BUT:

I could never find  numbers, how much it was BEFORE and after the booster.

Since it is the same vaccine, not the 'next generation', omicron adapted, there is a strong guess, that the booster is, for 2x mRNA vaccinated people, just restoring, perhaps adding a bit on top, the antibody count after the sec. 'fully vaccinated' jab. 

For protein based 'fully vaccinated' people however it seems to be a bigger advantage, just for the people, vaccinated with 'inactivated viruses' (sinopharm/sinovac), at least Pfizer seems not really to work. Was Moderna already a booster to 2x sinovac  vaccinated people? And how will that work out with people, who got Sinovac, Astrazeneca, Pfizer and after Moderna?

Guniea pic series here in Thailand?

I might go for Moderna, if offered. But only, if there is no Pfizer, which was was it the 2 times before. Also, like before and after the sec. Jab, I will ask for a antibody count just before and 3 weeks after the 'Booster'

And, by the way: Moderna, even half the normal dose, is still 20 microgramme more, 50 to 30, as Pfizer. Since no one ever tried to inject (ok, wasn't there in Kiwi-Country the one, who got/took 10 doses in one day? Got he get tested, afterwards?) a triple dose of Pfizer, or double , there is no data about, how much that would push the antibody production.

Also, if the use the 1.3 Million doses just for Booster, that would be 2.6 Million Booster doses! ;-)

Edited by Guest1

there are many publications about T cells, i think it's a very credible theory to be used against frequent boosters. we cannot win this race, not on a long run for sure

I am very glad that I will have a booster shot for Moderna next month so once I get it, possibility start planning my trip to the LOS as it said on the article, it is way more than effective vs Omicron variant, nothing to scare about false positive anymore and getting scammed.

6 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Data shows that even a 50-microgramme booster of the mRNA vaccine increases neutralizing antibody levels by up to 37 times

Your post was so rambling as to be almost incomprehensible. However, it did have a couple of interesting points where I could understand what you were trying to say.

The Moderna booster is a little more effective than Pfizer since it has 100mcg of mRNA material as opposed to the 30mcg in the Pfizer vaccine, so recipients are getting a much heavier dose. This shows in the length of time that the booster is effective against symptomatic omicron infection

The UK vaccine surveillance report shows great effectiveness when people vaxxed with a primary course of AstraZeneca receive an mRNA booster. I imagine that it would be the same for the recipients of a primary Sino<Vac/Pharm> course.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1043608/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_51.pdf 

25 minutes ago, ace035 said:

I am very glad that I will have a booster shot for Moderna next month so once I get it, possibility start planning my trip to the LOS as it said on the article, it is way more than effective vs Omicron variant, nothing to scare about false positive anymore and getting scammed.

The bottom line is that either Moderna or Pfizer will give you very good protection against symptomatic infection within a 10 week window after the 3rd booster. But neither will stop you getting it and testing positive with any degree of certainty. 

At the 10 week window, protection against symptomatic infection drops to 35% with a Pfizer booster and 45% with a Moderna booster. 

However, you can still get it, even if it is largely an asymptomatic infection. And so, you run the risk of being confined in a hospital despite being asymptomatic if you choose to come to Thailand. 

Ask me. I've had 4 shots: 2 AstraZeneca and 2 Pfizer, taken at intervals 3 months for shot two, then 5 months for shot 3 and then 2 months later for shot 4. I still caught Omicron. Almost entirely asymptomatic, sure, but I still tested positive. 

Edited by js89

4 hours ago, js89 said:

The bottom line is that either Moderna or Pfizer will give you very good protection against symptomatic infection within a 10 week window after the 3rd booster. But neither will stop you getting it and testing positive with any degree of certainty. 

At the 10 week window, protection against symptomatic infection drops to 35% with a Pfizer booster and 45% with a Moderna booster. 

However, you can still get it, even if it is largely an asymptomatic infection. And so, you run the risk of being confined in a hospital despite being asymptomatic if you choose to come to Thailand. 

Ask me. I've had 4 shots: 2 AstraZeneca and 2 Pfizer, taken at intervals 3 months for shot two, then 5 months for shot 3 and then 2 months later for shot 4. I still caught Omicron. Almost entirely asymptomatic, sure, but I still tested positive. 

Absolutely, well stated facts on the first 2 paragraphs. Next one is this has been an ongoing issues since last year that the hospital did a lot of scamming going on regarding a false positive even asymptomatic instead of sending someone to the AQ hotels but hospital so they can scam the patient out of their COVID-19 insurance or pay at least B150K-B300K once finish quarantine from hospital. 

Unless you are a doctor or some kind of a medical expert, you combined 2 different COVID-19 vaccine, yeah, sure, you will be positive and have too many shots within months apart but Why??. I just read the news last week that a Thai lady had a booster shot with Pfizer last year with 2 Sinovacs as first 2 doses which is not effective for Omicron yet

7 hours ago, ace035 said:

Unless you are a doctor or some kind of a medical expert, you combined 2 different COVID-19 vaccine

Because this is what the public health authorities chose to do in the UK.

Tens of millions of people in the UK received a primary course of Astrazeneca followed by Pfizer boosters.