News Forum - Dr Yong: Omicron spike imminent, get booster to end pandemic

Thaiger

5 hours ago, Wormwood said:

omicron was brought to Thailand by fully vaccinated people (fact).

Bollocks.

The borders are so porous it could have come from anywhere. 

• Like 2

More insanity!

Why isn't Thailand learning from other countries arounf the world like South Africa and the UK?!

Omicron infection is inevitable and boosters won't do a damn thing....Omicron is also very mild and is likely to be the way out...

tripple jabbed people are catching it in the UK as are double and un-vaxed.... mainly a v mild infection like the common cold!

South Africa - very few vaccinated there and it really didn't cause much of a problem.

Meanwhile countries continue with restrictions and lockdowns only to further destroy their economies!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrNovax said:

I'm sure you could "list more", but even the three you've listed don't contradict the comment you quoted but very clearly support it - as you probably already know.

As you quoted:

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

Alternatively, a "moron" is someone who thought vaccines alone would end the pandemic when no experts ever said they would,

From https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2021/02/vaccines-should-end-the-pandemic-despite-the-variants-say-experts/

"That doesn’t mean the road ahead will be easy, Alter said. She acknowledged that the lower level of effectiveness against the variants means that more people will have to be vaccinated to achieve the same population-wide protective effects. Earlier estimates based on highly effective vaccines held that 50 percent to 60 percent of the population would have to be vaccinated in order to create herd effects. At 70 percent effectiveness, she said, the threshold will rise to roughly 75 percent, significantly higher, but nonetheless still achievable."

Until enough have been vaccinated by vaccines with enough efficacy, the pandemic won't end - it's clearly not just about having a vaccine.

From https://www.unicefusa.org/stories/how-end-pandemic-vaccinate-world/38568

""How quickly we end the pandemic, and how many sisters and brothers we lose along the way, depends on how quickly and how fairly we vaccinate a significant proportion of the global population, and how consistently we all follow proven public health measures," said Dr. Tedros. "

Again' it's clearly not just about having a vaccine:

"High- and upper-middle-income countries represent 53 percent of the world's population, but have received 83 percent of the world's COVID-19 vaccines. Low and lower-middle-income countries, in contrast, make up 47 percent of the world's population but have received only 17 percent of the world's vaccines." (from the same link).

From https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/pandemic-will-end-says-irish-scientist-who-designed-oxford-az-vaccine-1.4764994

"Positive outcomes include the ability to make a vaccine within nine to 12 months; to do test and trace and to make therapeutics quickly, but “vaccine nationalism and a myopic outlook is not going to end the pandemic”. With cases surging in Europe and elsewhere, she doesn’t know when the endpoint will be, especially when vaccination is so uneven. Their vaccine is effective against the Omicron variant, while work has begun on an Omicron-targeted version in case it is needed."

Yet again, it's not just about having a vaccine - as I'm sure you knew, or at least couldn't have failed to know if you'd read your own links.

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm sure you could "list more", but even the three you've listed don't contradict the comment you quoted but very clearly support it - as you probably already know.

As you quoted:

From https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2021/02/vaccines-should-end-the-pandemic-despite-the-variants-say-experts/

"That doesn’t mean the road ahead will be easy, Alter said. She acknowledged that the lower level of effectiveness against the variants means that more people will have to be vaccinated to achieve the same population-wide protective effects. Earlier estimates based on highly effective vaccines held that 50 percent to 60 percent of the population would have to be vaccinated in order to create herd effects. At 70 percent effectiveness, she said, the threshold will rise to roughly 75 percent, significantly higher, but nonetheless still achievable."

Until enough have been vaccinated by vaccines with enough efficacy, the pandemic won't end - it's clearly not just about having a vaccine.

From https://www.unicefusa.org/stories/how-end-pandemic-vaccinate-world/38568

""How quickly we end the pandemic, and how many sisters and brothers we lose along the way, depends on how quickly and how fairly we vaccinate a significant proportion of the global population, and how consistently we all follow proven public health measures," said Dr. Tedros. "

Again' it's clearly not just about having a vaccine:

"High- and upper-middle-income countries represent 53 percent of the world's population, but have received 83 percent of the world's COVID-19 vaccines. Low and lower-middle-income countries, in contrast, make up 47 percent of the world's population but have received only 17 percent of the world's vaccines." (from the same link).

From https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/pandemic-will-end-says-irish-scientist-who-designed-oxford-az-vaccine-1.4764994

"Positive outcomes include the ability to make a vaccine within nine to 12 months; to do test and trace and to make therapeutics quickly, but “vaccine nationalism and a myopic outlook is not going to end the pandemic”. With cases surging in Europe and elsewhere, she doesn’t know when the endpoint will be, especially when vaccination is so uneven. Their vaccine is effective against the Omicron variant, while work has begun on an Omicron-targeted version in case it is needed."

Yet again, it's not just about having a vaccine - as I'm sure you knew, or at least couldn't have failed to know if you'd read your own links.

Yea, well most people read headlines and this is the garbage on which the shot was sold on.    The news channels were touting it as such.  Rachel Maddow earlier in the year:

"Now we know that the vaccines work well enough that the virus stops with every vaccinated person… The virus does not infect them…It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to get more people.”

This video has been scrubbed from MSNBC but you can still find it on twitter.  Its strange how all the videos with them spouting off about how this vaccine will be the end of the line are being removed from google searches.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Yea, well most people read headlines and this is the garbage on which the shot was sold on.    The news channels were touting it as such.  Rachel Maddow earlier in the year:

"Now we know that the vaccines work well enough that the virus stops with every vaccinated person… The virus does not infect them…It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to get more people.”

This video has been scrubbed from MSNBC but you can still find it on twitter.  Its strange how all the videos with them spouting off about how this vaccine will be the end of the line are being removed from google searches.  

aaah ... so now it's not something "the experts" said after all ...

... instead it's something assumed by those who only "read headlines" and who assume people like Rachel Maddow know what they're talking about ...

... I see ...

... not quite how you put it before 😂!

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

aaah ... so now it's not something "the experts" said after all ...

... instead it's something assumed by those who only "read headlines" and who assume people like Rachel Maddow know what they're talking about ...

... I see ...

... not quite how you put it before 😂!

how many people read, quote, or refer to particular "experts."  like the beer bug survival rate, well over 99% of people get their information from the media.  i truly doubt people would have lined up for the jab if they knew it didnt protect them from the virus, only (allegedly) reduced symptoms, would afterwards still be required to wear masks, and their living situation would be virtually the same as it was a month into "the pandemic."  

the shots were sold as getting us back to normal and they have done nothing of the sort (which is the initial point to this back and forth).  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MrNovax said:

the shots were sold as getting us back to normal and they have done nothing of the sort (which is the initial point to this back and forth).  

But they ARE "getting us back to normal" 😂!

It's an ongoing process, not a wave of a magic wand.

If they were distributed more equitably, worldwide as well as nationally, then the process would be more successful, and if the anti-vaxxers weren't delaying things then the process would be quicker.

But we're stuck with both obstacles - sselfishness and stupidity.

Try to imagine how things would be without the vaxxes ... 😕

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, Stonker said:

But they ARE "getting us back to normal" 😂!

They are doing very much the opposite.  In places where shots are required, papers are checked, and all the other stuff persists life is nothing like normal.  

Meanwhile, there is a significant portion of the USA and a several countries who have completely gotten on with their lives without the shots.  I happen to live in one such place.  My life has been 100% normal for the last 6-7 months completely jab free.  

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, Stonker said:

Try to imagine how things would be without the vaxxes ... 😕

Im imagining a place with less heart conditions, normal mensural cycles, and lower miscarriage rates.  Sounds awesome.  

Edited by MrNovax
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

They are doing very much the opposite.  In places where shots are required, papers are checked, and all the other stuff persists life is nothing like normal.  

Meanwhile, there is a significant portion of the USA and a several countries who have completely gotten on with their lives without the shots.  I happen to live in one such place.  My life has been 100% normal for the last 6-7 months completely jab free.  

That's the part of America where you marry your sister and play the banjo.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Im imagining a place with less heart conditions, normal mensural cycles, and lower miscarriage rates.  Sounds awesome.  

Still not spelt it right.  Even with an edit.

This Dr Yong dude is an attention whore.

"Here's what I read on Facebook today and I am now going present it as my learned opinion based on research."

He has been doing this for a couple of years now.

• Thanks 1

After 2 vaccines, I caught delta. After my 3rd vaccine, I caught omicron. I like to think they helped with the symptoms but to be very honest, I have no idea if that's the case or not. Omicron was nothing other than 24 hours of diarrhea and that seems to be about as bad as the new variant gets, vaccinated or not vaccinated. 

21 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

That's the part of America where you marry your sister and play the banjo.

Kentucky or maybe somewhere in the Bayou ? 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, Wormwood said:

Your a little over the top. Most Covid cases are mild and result in nothing. Some have severe symptoms but that is the case with all upper respiratory ailments. Stop the hyperbole and use your head to really think through the past two years.

Explain to us Wormwood why 90% OF Pregnant woman in Hospitals in the UK are unvacinated fact. 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:08 PM, Wormwood said:

Let’s review the facts. Bad virus enters world. Vaccine is developed. Government demands everyone get the vaccines, saying it will stop the virus.

however, vaccinated people can still get the virus (fact). Vaccinated people can still spread the virus (fact). 
Vaccinated people can still die from the virus (fact).

omicron was brought to Thailand by fully vaccinated people (fact).

stop falling for the lie. Snake oil made lots of money for the salesman. 

Let us indeed review the facts Wormwood Omicron is the latest variant of Covid 19 this very clever virus tricks the body into believing it is not a danger to your body. It defeats your Immune system. It is also able to mutate. That's why it mutated from Alpha to Delta it has now mutated to Omicron. Because most have been vaccinated and Boostered you are correct Omicron symptoms are very light and in most cases you wont even know you have it that's why its spreading so easy. The common flu is a virus same as Covid but we have a yearly flu jab to combat flu now. It also Mutates but because our Scientist know how the flu virus works they alter the flu jab its so common you dont think about it when your yearly flu jab is offered. In time Covid will be the same but as its still new we are unable to prevent it mutating to a new variant, and until we finally understand the Gnome sequence of this virus it will mutate again. Knowing this it is important to have up to date Vaccines and a booster for added protection. You know only to well the risk of not being prepared.

Its pure luck you have not contracted the Omicron variant MRNOVAX im double jabbed and Boostered yet over new year i contracted Omicron I was at a party and unknown to me i had it. I had had a few beers and fell over my friend picked me up so not only was i in close contact with him he bodily had to lift me up we both did a lateral flow test 2 days later i was poss he was negative. the luck of the draw.

29 minutes ago, vlad said:

Let us indeed review the facts Wormwood

LoL I am pretty sure this is just some AI generated CCP bot now.

Edited by BraveNewFahrenheit

3 hours ago, MrNovax said:

I happen to live in one such place.  My life has been 100% normal for the last 6-7 months completely jab free.  

Splendid. If you're so happy there, why are you posting here?

49 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Splendid. If you're so happy there, why are you posting here?

As stated before, my wife is Thai and her parents are old.  For my wife and the welfare of her (our) family, I have agreed to go with her to visit and help take care of them.  

13 hours ago, MrNovax said:

As stated before, my wife is Thai and her parents are old.  For my wife and the welfare of her (our) family, I have agreed to go with her to visit and help take care of them.  

So for the welfare of your wife's old parents you're going to go and care for them unvaxxed and unmasked, and presumably try to persuade them to be unvaxxed and unmasked and to carry on a normal life without any precautions such as social distancing too.

I see 😯.

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

So for the welfare of your wife's old parents you're going to go and care for them unvaxxed and unmasked, and presumably try to persuade them to be unvaxxed and unmasked and to carry on a normal life without any precautions such as social distancing too.

I see 😯.

Yep, although fortunately they also see through this BS.  

Even the media is starting to admit that cloth masks do nothing

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/01/08/health-experts-warn-cloth-masks-are-ineffective-against-covid-19/

And the vax, as you have stated, doesnt stop me from spreading it to another person so not sure how me being vax'd would have any benefit to them.  After all, as you have stated recently, the vax is to reduce symptoms. 

• Like 1