News Forum - Pattaya prepares “hospitel” beds, reviews home isolation measures after Covid spike

Thaiger

With a surge of cases in Chon Buri, Pattaya officials are planning to open up more hotel isolation centres, known as hospitels, and are reviewing measures for home isolation for those who are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms to help curb the spike in cases. In Chon Buri today, health officials report nearly 800 Covid-19 cases with more than 4,000 Covid-19 patients currently being treated at local hospitals. Pattaya residents and business owners asked that authorities reopen hospitels to tackle the spread of Covid-19 following the emergence of the Omicron variant and cluster outbreaks during the New Year holiday. Pattaya […]

The story Pattaya prepares “hospitel” beds, reviews home isolation measures after Covid spike as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

59 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

nearly 800 Covid-19 cases with more than 4,000 Covid-19 patients currently being treated at local hospitals.

And how specifically do you "treat" a patient who is asymptomatic?  Likely over 70% do not need to be treated, they are just taken to a hospital for their money and are released when they no longer test positive.

Keep hands clean, social distance, and wear a mask.  Omicron will end this whole pandemic soon

• Like 3

it looks like Phuket story about tourists refusing to go to private hospitals is doing what it supposed to do: slapping this bureaucrats on the face. Whoo hoo!

42 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

And how specifically do you "treat" a patient who is asymptomatic?  Likely over 70% do not need to be treated, they are just taken to a hospital for their money and are released when they no longer test positive.

Keep hands clean, social distance, and wear a mask.  Omicron will end this whole pandemic soon

It's a total scam, so they can get money out of your COVID-19 insurance or ripped you off of between B150K-B300K

• Like 2

I spoke to dept of disease control today,and said because I contracted covid in pattaya I didn't want to go on a ward full of covid persons with various stages of the disease,  and want to go to an HospitEL, After registering with banglamung hospital they said come here for up to a 10 day stay, crazy, I'm nearly over covid after 5 days, but they want me to go in with more infectious people, province hasn't got a clue what to do, I shall not be coming to Thailand again after this, per usual, debacle of government led inability to do the right things, pattaya is like covid never happened with all the beer bars now called restaurants spreading the love, and along with it covid, shut it down, its over.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Last Tuesday they agreed to open 300 hospitEl beds, but have 800 cases now, on top of 4000 in care/hospital already, another classic thai style not doing the math, ridiculous,  and don't get me started on trying to talk to AXA insurance about paying inpatient to hospital or hospitEl upfront, as the policy states,..always been difficult to understand how in the LOS  people completely out their depth have positions of importance,, shut it down, send everyone home and start again in a few years when they know how to conduct a pissup in a brewery,  cos, now they couldn't organise one...I'm done.

Think pattaya will need 1000 beds at HOSPIT'E'L , because positive pcr and apk is out of control in pattaya, really,..if not do this weekend many people will never go hospital and will ignore that they have covid19 and carry on with drinking and going to bars, it's at crisis point yesterday, 300 HOSPITEL beds, it's a joke,, close the beer bars that think they are restaurants, not sell alcohol, no lady bars, then you can ease the big problems you have now, and it is getting worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mickthfc said:

Last Tuesday they agreed to open 300 hospitEl beds, but have 800 cases now, on top of 4000 in care/hospital already, another classic thai style not doing the math, ridiculous,  and don't get me started on trying to talk to AXA insurance about paying inpatient to hospital or hospitEl upfront, as the policy states,..always been difficult to understand how in the LOS  people completely out their depth have positions of importance,, shut it down, send everyone home and start again in a few years when they know how to conduct a pissup in a brewery,  cos, now they couldn't organise one...I'm done.

Good on the ground info

So you spoke to AXA and they weren't helpful?

Are they saying you have to pay upfront and then submit your claim?

Because as you point out, that is not what their website claims

Well if you stay at a hospital in "Axa" network 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Good on the ground info

Wow. Imagine that. An insurance scam that isn't committed to claims that they offer.

This never happens. Anywhere.

17 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Agree, except for the asocial distancing and face-mask bull...

24 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Wow. Imagine that. An insurance scam that isn't committed to claims that they offer.

This never happens. Anywhere.

Well you can't say they are actually scamming him, yet

Now, I do agree they like to live in their "policies "

But it does clearly state when they will pay upfront and when they won't 

People traveling now really have to be on the offensive and know every single detail of their insurance, travel restrictions, requirements 

It is, unfortunately, the reality if you want to travel now 

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Good on the ground info

AXA have preferred hospital hotel partnerships, but under covid regs they have to pay upfront for inpatient,  regardless if its in a government or private hospital or a designated hospitEl aligned to them.

Just another way an insurance company tries to avoid policy payout,  read smallprint and website, then read again, stand up to them, make a fuss, call your own country branch if getting no joy from the thai AXA branch.

On 1/6/2022 at 4:43 AM, Thaiger said:

curb the spike in cases.

Any point ?

now that Omicron has got his spikey running shoes on and is everywhere .. 

52 minutes ago, Mickthfc said:

AXA have preferred hospital hotel partnerships, but under covid regs they have to pay upfront for inpatient,  regardless if its in a government or private hospital or a designated hospitEl aligned to them.

Just another way an insurance company tries to avoid policy payout,  read smallprint and website, then read again, stand up to them, make a fuss, call your own country branch if getting no joy from the thai AXA branch.

Yes in their FAQ it states you don't have to pay upfront if you use a hospital in AXA network 

In this case, in Pattaya there were 4 or 5

One of them was Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (which is a good Hospital)

Now thats what it says, I'm not saying that is what will happen once on the ground 

But having that info handy and insisting you go to one of those hospitals while contacting AXA certainly will help your case