News Forum - Soi Nana announces Covid-19 free zone, vaccine or test required

Thaiger

Without explaining how they managed to open when bars and entertainment nightlife venues are still supposed to be closed throughout Thailand, the bars of the Chinatown hotspot Soi Nana have announced their creation of a Covid-19 free bar area where patrons must be vaccinated or tested. A group of 8 entertainment venues on Soi Nana have banded together and declared that, in order to open in a time when the Omicron variant of Covid-19 is driving up infection numbers quickly, they would only allow those who have recently been fully vaccinated or recovered from the virus into their venues while […]

The story Soi Nana announces Covid-19 free zone, vaccine or test required as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Having a Vax less than 3 months old does not guarantee being C19 free. Omicron has shown to infect even those under 3 months. (Over 3 months are actually more likely to get it than under 3 months OR no Vax.!!)

Only way to be (relatively) sure is a test. Vax or not. (Tests can often give false positives,  but only occasionally false negatives)

Multiple cruise ships with 100% vaxxed occupants have recently become massively infected with C19 Omicron 

• Like 1

Consider the media source 🙄 Doubtful Chinatown can unilaterally make up their own rules that overrides the governments policies. I will believe it when it happens. Btw, anyone fully vaccinated in the last 3 months is a fairly small group. Personally, unless I'm symptomatic, I'm not submitting to a test given positivity rates are spiking now. Don't need the headache.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

they would only allow those who have recently been fully vaccinated or recovered from the virus into their venues ………. Their new checkpoint will allow anyone who has received at least two injections of an approved Covid-19 vaccine only within the past 3 months to enter, with the exception of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine that only requires one dose.

I’m sure lots more have exited Soi Nana with more than one Dose! I wonder also if Soi Nana will be giving its patrons the SHA plus experience … guaranteed you will have to fork out a wee bit extra for it. 

1 hour ago, Deanomarino said:

Having a Vax less than 3 months old does not guarantee being C19 free. Omicron has shown to infect even those under 3 months. (Over 3 months are actually more likely to get it than under 3 months OR no Vax.!!)

Only way to be (relatively) sure is a test. Vax or not. (Tests can often give false positives,  but only occasionally false negatives)

Multiple cruise ships with 100% vaxxed occupants have recently become massively infected with C19 Omicron 

Valid points, there, @Deanomarino . . . points that make you wonder how the situation might worsen further.

Your debut post, too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger Talk!

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, Deanomarino said:

(Tests can often give false positives,  but only occasionally false negatives)

Source? I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

Also ouch at the 3 month limit. Had my 3rd shot today, meaning that wouldn't be valid if I were to visit March or April.

1 hour ago, FTF020 said:

Also ouch at the 3 month limit. Had my 3rd shot today, meaning that wouldn't be valid if I were to visit March or April.

I'm a dumbdumb. 3 months from today would mean it'd be valid until April 5th, not March 5th. Still, seems like an awfully short period.

No mentioned of who pays for the test though if it’s only 50-100 baht I don’t suppose the customers will mind too much. Still it’s interesting that my Pfizer shots back in September are already out of date whereas my wife (living in Isaan at the time) caught a very mild dose of covid one month ago whilst she was still waiting for a vaccine other than Sinovac. She’s now fully recovered and has more antibodies in her blood than I do and, so I understand, these will last a good deal longer than mine have. 

34 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

No mentioned of who pays for the test though if it’s only 50-100 baht I don’t suppose the customers will mind too much. Still it’s interesting that my Pfizer shots back in September are already out of date whereas my wife (living in Isaan at the time) caught a very mild dose of covid one month ago whilst she was still waiting for a vaccine other than Sinovac. She’s now fully recovered and has more antibodies in her blood than I do and, so I understand, these will last a good deal longer than mine have. 

How do you know she has more antibodies than you do? Did you each do a blood test? Or are you making an assumption?

What ?? Soi Nana is an alley linking Maitrichit Road and Rama IV Road in Bangkok’s Chinatown enclave. During my decades in Bang KOK Soi 4 on Sukhumvit Rd. was also called Soi Nana. There were and possibly are still all the Bars. But in China Town ???? I must have missed the Boat on the Canal. The only testing there used to be for VD, Syphillis, Vietnam Rose etc.

Edited by CamPat
forgot something

5 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

How do you know she has more antibodies than you do? Did you each do a blood test? Or are you making an assumption?

You only have to ask yourself why, if my wife and I went along to soi Nana, I’d need to take an anitgen test before being allowed in despite being fully vaxxed 4 months ago, and she wouldn’t. 

Went down the soi today just to annoy law enforcement with my international vaccination certificate. Didn't see anyone enforcing this stupid law yet