News Forum - Thailand News Today | No plans to resume the Test & Go scheme

Thaiger

The government currently has no plans to resume the Test & Go scheme. Thailand’s Health Minister says the re-opening of nightlife venues should be postponed given the number of businesses that failed to implement disease prevention measures. Phuket hotel operators have come up with a solution for asymptomatic guests who test positive for the Omicron variant but refuse to be transferred to a hospital.

The story Thailand News Today | No plans to resume the Test & Go scheme as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If you can't find a solution during the tourism season and lose the country, you will wait a long time for tourists to come.

Edited by Faz
edited size.

TAT are going to have to get their eight ball, dice, tarot cards or whatever else they use to forecast tourist numbers yet again.. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

TAT are going to have to get their eight ball, dice, tarot cards or whatever else they use to forecast tourist numbers yet again.. 

A justified jest, there, @Grumpishand your debut post, too . . . welcome to Thaiger Talk.

Booked to spend a month in Koh Samui from late February.  Traveling from the UK via Bangkok. 

The continuing uncertainty is not great but I hope the authorities resume the Sand box and test and go scheme soon to give some hope to the local businesses...

7 minutes ago, AndyCousins said:

The continuing uncertainty is not great but I hope the authorities resume the Sand box and test and go scheme soon to give some hope to the local businesses...

Yes, don't we all, @AndyCousinsbut the present Covid spike isn't helping matters. Fingers crossed for your planned visit, nonetheless.

Your debut post, too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger talk!

The Thai government plans to only allow tourists with Travel to go Passes to enter the country until January 10th. to grant. My approved passport has the entry date 01/12/2022. Would this be accepted if I was already on 10.01. to enter Bangkok? Thank you for your support. Find it very short-term to decide something like this on Friday. As a tourist you have now cleared and planned all hurdles and on the home straight your vacation is ruined.

Edited by Faz
change text format
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Juergen said:

The Thai government plans to only allow tourists with Travel to go Passes to enter the country until January 10th. to grant. My approved passport has the entry date 01/12/2022. Would this be accepted if I was already on 10.01. to enter Bangkok? Thank you for your support. Find it very short-term to decide something like this on Friday. As a tourist you have now cleared and planned all hurdles and on the home straight your vacation is ruined.

Million dollar question many are waiting for confirmation of when they make a further announcement.

Just come in under test n go. It was very well organised at BKK Airport and again at the test n go hotel. Perfect in fact.

Too good to be true. We now try to get our second PCR after 5 days in Chiang Rai. Web help desk doesn't help, Web doesn't give information, government hospital doesn't seam informed, after multiple phone calls and misinformation, told to bring copies of everything, we arrive as informed, finally find the right building, told OK for test but 3000 baht each, we protest as its stated as free in the updated test and go scheme, come back tomorrow was the reply, and the saga continues. All in Thai so no chance without an interpreter. 

We try to isolate and get the 2nd PCR as responsible tourist, but clearly outside of high tourist areas there is no chance of a regular tourist finding their way thro the Thai maze of a 2nd PCR at a government test centre. 

Just to note we have no symptoms and pass all the temperature tests. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Well, the good news is Laos and Vietnam are opening.

Source for Laos ? 
That could be a good idea to fly to Laos and meet my wife there instead of Thailand, lol :D

EDIT : Oops, found it : 

Edited by Michelp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Juergen said:

I was in the same predicament ....I was booked for arrival on the 12th at midnight . I called my airlines and changed my flight to arrive on evening of the 9th and changed my SHA+ hotel to the same date . The Thai government website states you can change your flight but it has to arrive within 72 hours of the original arrival time ( and before the 10th)but everything else must remain the same ..... same hotel , same PCR test etc etc ..... I stood to lose alot of money as my trip was nonrefundable and I even had trip cancellation but because the Thai government isn't locking the country down only changing the rules to 7 day quarantine insurance does not cover you so no option but to leave earlier with the same airlines 

9 minutes ago, Canadianonthego said:

I was in the same predicament ....I was booked for arrival on the 12th at midnight . I called my airlines and changed my flight to arrive on evening of the 9th and changed my SHA+ hotel to the same date . The Thai government website states you can change your flight but it has to arrive within 72 hours of the original arrival time ( and before the 10th)but everything else must remain the same ..... same hotel , same PCR test etc etc ..... I stood to lose alot of money as my trip was nonrefundable and I even had trip cancellation but because the Thai government isn't locking the country down only changing the rules to 7 day quarantine insurance does not cover you so no option but to leave earlier with the same airlines 

from a credible source (richard barrow on twitter). you cannot change your flight backwards 72 hours.  Only 72 hours forward from date on Thailand pass.  good luck on this.

3 hours ago, gundam0315 said:

from a credible source (richard barrow on twitter). you cannot change your flight backwards 72 hours.  Only 72 hours forward from date on Thailand pass.  good luck on this.

So if I did show up early then what will happen , throw my into a 7 day quarantine hotel as a result ?

not really sure. you should contact your airline.  Your airline might let you fly at destination or deny you, or when you land in Thailand they could refuse you.  I don't have an answer for that.