News Forum - Wednesday Covid Update: 3,899 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

19 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 21,769 with 21,675 of those fatalities during the latest wave, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 3,899 new Covid-19 cases and 2,508 recoveries. There are now 34,877 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 68 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start […]

The story Wednesday Covid Update: 3,899 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can only hope that Thailand manages to keep statistics on how many Omicron cases versus how many Delta Cases. In my country we have the two blurred together, because there are so many cases, statistics have not been differentiated. This is critical to help the world to get an understanding of this new variant.

Didn't S Africa get enough samples? The last thing I could stomach before I actually slit my own throat is another ten weeks of endless comparison adding 'wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance'  to everything thats said.

I'm completely bored of the entire thing and I suspect I'm not alone.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can only hope that Thailand manages to keep statistics on how many Omicron cases versus how many Delta Cases. In my country we have the two blurred together, because there are so many cases, statistics have not been differentiated. This is critical to help the world to get an understanding of this new variant.

Hard to believe the US health authorities would fail to keep separate stats, since they would bear so heavily on the proposed response.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Give it a couple of weeks and you can assume ALL statistics are from omicron.

Its displacing Delta at an astonishing rate because it is far more infectious. Its counter intuitive but this is actually a good thing.

23 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hard to believe the US health authorities would fail to keep separate stats, since they would bear so heavily on the proposed response.

Maybe more countries could try to keep the stats of Delta and Omicron separate, so that we can learn about his new variant and come to know how to deal with it.

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know of a single country that doesn't estimate the prevalence based on samples (once domestic cases have been detected). For Thailand, it's estimated to be around 20% (now) and in the coming weeks we'll see that percentage grow rapidly until dominance and then saturation has been reached. Like you, I like facts and numbers, but differentiation for this one doesn't seem critical or even interesting to me.

9 hours ago, Poolie said:

Didn't S Africa get enough samples? The last thing I could stomach before I actually slit my own throat is another ten weeks of endless comparison adding 'wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance'  to everything thats said.

I'm completely bored of the entire thing and I suspect I'm not alone.    

It’s not about you it’s about hospital staff

grow up