News Forum - Suspension of Test & Go entry scheme will “definitely” continue, spokesperson says

Thaiger

29 minutes ago, rockitos said:

I am also in same situation like other from here. I was planing my vacantion on 24 January. Now mostly of the money lost because i can not get any refound.

I am perfectly capable to understand that sometime need to take proper reaction. But now when they have less cases, Omicron already inside of Thailand, they overreacting.

How you take care by Thai people, some need tourist to suvived, a lot of business closed, manny peoples suffering.

You take a engajament to let the tourist to enter, after give the Thai Pass, now you say that is wring and you can not enter anymore. Never happen to me something like that.

Today i travel to US, no restriction, i make PCR, have vaccination certification, visa, i enter without any problem, and they have half of milion infected peoples.

Thailand, you need insurence, special hotel, PCR, again PCR, again PCR, all pay before coming, thai pass aproved, and after they change, and canceled thai pass. They don`t care that me and all other travelers put faith in them, and spend money to come.

Who will come in the future, if is like a lottery, you say something today, and tomorrow change your mind, without any reason.

Who will come in the future! Many unexpecting  people like yourself! 
Im guessing your part of the 90% who thought you crossed all the T and i by jumping through all of this govt Covid hoops and in the end the unexpected came along,another crisis!

Just a point, if someone has an accurate answer.

If the meeting and subsequent decision is on Friday 7th January.  Would this decision not need to be published in the Gazette before it could come into force and would there be enough time to make that happen before the 10th. Or is the Gazette not a requirement for this. 

just thinking. 

• Like 1

Regardless of the fact that it already feels very unfair to deny entry to guests with an approved Thai Pass, leaving these people in the dark for so long is even more unfair.  To be told on Friday that you cannot leave on Monday is more annoying.  

Thailand loses its reliability here.  

People will definitely think twice before trying for a new entry program again.  It will probably be another expensive disappointment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ERIKN said:

Regardless of the fact that it already feels very unfair to deny entry to guests with an approved Thai Pass, leaving these people in the dark for so long is even more unfair.  To be told on Friday that you cannot leave on Monday is more annoying.  

People will definitely think twice before trying for a new entry program again.  It will probably be another expensive disappointment.

....and to be expected, they don't realize they've shot themselves in the foot - big time - with all this mickey mousing around. 

4 minutes ago, ERIKN said:

Your complaints will go nowhere except make you bitter. If your only interested in drinking and partying, it best to look for alternatives. The party places will soon go broke if not already and Thailand want to change to other types of tourists. 

If your interested in other things they'll still be here when time to return is right.

4 hours ago, LoongFred said:

You talk like Thailand is a nanny state. People coming here need to take full responsibility and plan for what can go wrong. Thailand's responsibility is to all Thais. 

I think we have some different opinions on some things for here, but that is fine. For that particular post it is about thailand should honor the approvals given out or be responsible and pay for the foreigners losses if they are not able to change or get refunds. It is them who pushed to bring in tourists as their country depends on tourism so take care of what you sow. And I definitely don’t think these power and money hungry elites and junta ever have the welfare of the good Thai folk in their interests. Only when it will effect them in some way is a maybe.