Jump to content

News Forum - Covid cluster linked to Bangkok bar puts pressure on Isaan healthcare system


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A recent Covid-19 cluster from a bar in Bangkok is putting pressure on the healthcare system in the Isaan province Ubon Ratchathani. Out of the 315 new cases reported today in the northeastern province, 48 are linked to the Bangkok gastropub Ekkamai487. Under the pub cluster, there are now over 667 cases with 2,029 people at risk. Ubon Ratchathani ranks among the top ten provinces with the highest number of new Covid-19 cases today. Reports in Thai media say hospitals in Ubon Ratchathani are running low on beds and some Covid-19 patients will need to be treated at field hospitals. […]

The story Covid cluster linked to Bangkok bar puts pressure on Isaan healthcare system as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A recent Covid-19 cluster from a bar in Bangkok is putting pressure on the healthcare system in the Isaan province Ubon Ratchathani. Out of the 315 new cases reported today in the northeastern province, 48 are linked to the Bangkok gastropub Ekkamai487. Under the pub cluster, there are now over 667 cases with 2,029 people at risk. Ubon Ratchathani ranks among the top ten provinces with the highest number of new Covid-19 cases today. Reports in Thai media say hospitals in Ubon Ratchathani are running low on beds and some Covid-19 patients will need to be treated at field hospitals. […]

The story Covid cluster linked to Bangkok bar puts pressure on Isaan healthcare system as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yeah those boozers caused me to have to close my school for 2 weeks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps one more reason, to give these people 30 baht healthcare were they are, not only were they are registered?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

Yeah those boozers caused me to have to close my school for 2 weeks. 

Not only yours - in Loei too.

Somethings wrong when schools have to close so bars can stay open.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Perhaps one more reason, to give these people 30 baht healthcare were they are, not only were they are registered?

The one (and so far only)  thing Thais can get healthcare for anywhere is Covid - but the sooner UHC becomes 'U' the better - long overdue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use