News Forum - Health minister calls for re-opening of bars, nightclubs to be pushed back

Thaiger

Thailand’s Health Minister says the re-opening of nightlife venues should be postponed given the number of businesses that failed to implement disease prevention measures. Anutin Charnvirakul’s suggestion comes as a number of clusters of the Omicron variant have led to major outbreaks and can be traced back to bars and restaurants in a number of provinces. Anutin says there is evidence that the outbreaks originated at bars and restaurants where alcohol was being sold and Covid-19 prevention measures were not being adhered to. According to a Bangkok Post report, the health minister says venues that repeatedly failed to implement disease […]

The story Health minister calls for re-opening of bars, nightclubs to be pushed back as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

42 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Health Minister says the re-opening of nightlife venues should be postponed given the number of businesses that failed to implement disease prevention measures. Anutin Charnvirakul’s suggestion comes as a number of clusters of the Omicron variant have led to major outbreaks and can be traced back to bars and restaurants in a number of provinces. Anutin says there is evidence that the outbreaks originated at bars and restaurants where alcohol was being sold and Covid-19 prevention measures were not being adhered to. According to a Bangkok Post report, the health minister says venues that repeatedly failed to implement disease […]

The story Health minister calls for re-opening of bars, nightclubs to be pushed back as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This shouldn't be a surprise.  Anyplace that promote a congregation of people is problematic. Since bars are nonessential, they would be the logical first step. In Europe and America covid is rapidly rising, so restricting immigration will most likely come next. 

I will probably stay close to home, until things get better.

• Like 2

Like it or not (and like him or not), it's a popular move.

Everyone I know is heartily sick of having their daily lives, and their children's daily lives and schooling, dictated to for the benefit of a very few.

"Anutin says there is evidence that the outbreaks originated at bars and restaurants where alcohol was being sold"

Please Anutin show that evidence, because of all the garbage 🗑 that have left your mouth in all this time, it is hard to believe any word that comes out of your brainless head.. every word coming out of that garbage can is DIRT and unreliable 

• Like 1

Let's say the allowing of travel and celebrations everywhere is from their doing. Donkey boy and his cohort monkey buffoons need to stop blaming others for where they fall short. I am thinking maybe it is best to let the Omnicron loose to infect everyone and then get this crap over with. The ones who did not vaccinate can let their live or die dice roll while it is looking like the vaccinated will be fine.

18 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Let's say the allowing of travel and celebrations everywhere is from their doing. Donkey boy and his cohort monkey buffoons need to stop blaming others for where they fall short. I am thinking maybe it is best to let the Omnicron loose to infect everyone and then get this crap over with. The ones who did not vaccinate can let their live or die dice roll while it is looking like the vaccinated will be fine.

Sounds like you are  trying to return to Thailand where you hate those who making the rules. If you hate it so much, why are you coming? If you only long for the wide open days of yor, get real those days are gone forever.

I'm a realist and see change coming. It's called progress.

44 minutes ago, Paco said:

"Anutin says there is evidence that the outbreaks originated at bars and restaurants where alcohol was being sold"

Please Anutin show that evidence, because of all the garbage 🗑 that have left your mouth in all this time, it is hard to believe any word that comes out of your brainless head.. every word coming out of that garbage can is DIRT and unreliable 

Get real. Anyplace where people gather in close proximity and socialize would be a problem. Add a hostess that goes from guy to guy all night and it's like a superhiway of Covid transmission. These are not  essential places for most of us, but you're free to ďisagree but should seek help with your ďrinking problem. 

13 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Sounds like you are  trying to return to Thailand where you hate those who making the rules. If you hate it so much, why are you coming? If you only long for the wide open days of yor, get real those days are gone forever.

I'm a realist and see change coming. It's called progress.

Ummm, sorry LF, but you got that one wrong by a long long shot. Last time I left here was for a quick visit to the PI and then getting just back in before the borders were closed. several weeks before that I just happened to have CV-19 and luckily got easily over it.

No, I am following it for friends who are almost ready to get on an aircraft after jumping all the hurdles to come here.

Hate it so much? Are you for real? Here 3 decades, the alst 2 of them with my 2nd and last Thai wife with kids- dogs and house etc.

I have spent 99.5% of my time in Thailand if you look over a 21 year period just alone and have seen it all. But you did get one thing correct, me and my family do not like the powers that be one little bit. Old days are gone, but still is fun here, and that is also having my friends come who visit me and stay with planned spending. And yes, they have money but just don't toss it out.

Change is coming and it better be a change of the cronies in charge getting out for the better for my children's lives and the new young Thai generation's lives. If not then there will be no progress, just the same old stuff with more iron handed control.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Legit or not some bars are already open, be it a conversion to restaurant, people are already drinking.😀

True. It does seem that they now have their sights set on these venues, and we are likely to see some additional one off closures. As the case count goes up so will the hammer drop.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

The Ubon link to Ekkamai487 in Bangkok is well documented and widely reported, as are others.

59 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Get real. Anyplace where people gather in close proximity and socialize would be a problem. Add a hostess that goes from guy to guy all night and it's like a superhiway of Covid transmission. These are not  essential places for most of us, but you're free to ďisagree but should seek help with your ďrinking problem. 

Exactly - hardly rocket science.

25 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ummm, sorry LF, but you got that one wrong by a long long shot. Last time I left here was for a quick visit to the PI and then getting just back in before the borders were closed. several weeks before that I just happened to have CV-19 and luckily got easily over it.

No, I am following it for friends who are almost ready to get on an aircraft after jumping all the hurdles to come here.

Hate it so much? Are you for real? Here 3 decades, the alst 2 of them with my 2nd and last Thai wife with kids- dogs and house etc.

I have spent 99.5% of my time in Thailand if you look over a 21 year period just alone and have seen it all. But you did get one thing correct, me and my family do not like the powers that be one little bit. Old days are gone, but still is fun here, and that is also having my friends come who visit me and stay with planned spending. And yes, they have money but just don't toss it out.

Change is coming and it better be a change of the cronies in charge getting out for the better for my children's lives and the new young Thai generation's lives. If not then there will be no progress, just the same old stuff with more iron handed control.

The changes will be immigration based IMO.  I have no idea what's in store for long term guys like you and I, but probably more legit documentation.

As for tourist, I expect proof of insurance and money to fund your stay. Those that appear low budget will be especially the backpacker and older men without attachments, will be asked for proof they have funds. Thailand wants to move to a "higher quality" tourist model. 

Thailand I believe require those who come to be prepared to show cash. Next will be show the bank book, hotel reservations, and itinerary etc. This is not necessarily what I desire, but I can follow what's being said.

Glad you got over c19, so you should understand concerns of others.

7 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

The changes will be immigration based IMO.  I have no idea what's in store for long term guys like you and I, but probably more legit documentation.

As for tourist, I expect proof of insurance and money to fund your stay. Those that appear low budget will be especially the backpacker and older men without attachments, will be asked for proof they have funds. Thailand wants to move to a "higher quality" tourist model. 

Thailand I believe require those who come to be prepared to show cash. Next will be show the bank book, hotel reservations, and itinerary etc. This is not necessarily what I desire, but I can follow what's being said.

Glad you got over c19, so you should understand concerns of others.

I really think this as their - we want more high quality tourists is just someone of their stature being a self entitled Hi So of a  Thai My Fair Ladies people saying the Rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain jerks. Another try of them trying to llok be sophisticated was the Bocelli NY concert. Take off the mask as it just doesn't hold any weight to it.

I remember they have already asked to show the money or have it in pocket upon arrival and this is ok if they request it, but how to do to prove it besides carrying cash is another story. If they accept a notorized copy or download of a bank book then great, but for me I would never carry my bank book on me.. So nothing new here.

Not trying to sound negative LF so my apologies if did, but if what you say as referring to is the change to come then this should be reasonable and easy for all and evewryone to abide by to get in here. I know USA and Australia can or will ask how much money or way to fund yourself you have while there. Now insurance can either be travel or another program that they collect money from everyone and that will cover the health issues for accidents or whatever. Covid Insurnce is easy to get prior on their own so that is not a problem.

6 hours ago, LoongFred said:

This shouldn't be a surprise.  Anyplace that promote a congregation of people is problematic. Since bars are nonessential, they would be the logical first step. In Europe and America covid is rapidly rising, so restricting immigration will most likely come next. 

I will probably stay close to home, until things get better.

The polarization in perceptions of the world is now incredible. There are two realities happening simultaneously here. The first sees the world as the media and governments present it; people, places, going outside,  being healthy and human is dangerous. The second is where people live their lives as normal, are happy, visit friends and family, don't wear a mask and certainly don't inject harmful, unnatural and untested chemicals into their body because the TV told them to and, most important of all, don't believe a word that the media and governments (corporations) tell them. 

I'm proud to say that I see the world as the second group sees it and I really feel sorry for people like you who 'will probably stay close to home, until things get better'. There's sadly no hope for you, you are the perfect corporation puppet and you're instrumental in the tiptoes to tyranny that we are experiencing right now (although you will never see it). 

2 hours ago, LeeMo said:

The polarization in perceptions of the world is now incredible. There are two realities happening simultaneously here. The first sees the world as the media and governments present it; people, places, going outside,  being healthy and human is dangerous. The second is where people live their lives as normal, are happy, visit friends and family, don't wear a mask and certainly don't inject harmful, unnatural and untested chemicals into their body because the TV told them to and, most important of all, don't believe a word that the media and governments (corporations) tell them. 

I'm proud to say that I see the world as the second group sees it and I really feel sorry for people like you who 'will probably stay close to home, until things get better'. There's sadly no hope for you, you are the perfect corporation puppet and you're instrumental in the tiptoes to tyranny that we are experiencing right now (although you will never see it). 

Strong views, there, @LeeMo, which is what forums like this thrive on. Your debut post, too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger Talk!