Chiang Mai garbage truck overturns

KaptainRob

S__319768-800x600.jpg

Photos and editorial (in Thai) here > https://www.chiangmainews.co.th/page/archives/1889614/

I passed this accident at midday, windows up thankfully, and couldn't understand how the driver managed to 'park' his truck and trailer so untidily against the kerb ... after all, he'd been heading in a straight line down Hang Dong road.

Turns out he'd mounted the median strip which turned the (overloaded) truck/trailer over on it's left side, the momentum also carrying it across 2 lanes toward shops.  A parked car was shunted into a pole.

S__319765-800x600.jpg

Two heavy lift mobile cranes were coming up behind me so I didn't stop to help clean up, might have been different if it were a beer delivery truck.  😛

S__319766-800x600.jpg

Just 15 metres away from a busy 7-11, I believe there were no injuries ... and I certainly hope no-one trapped underneath.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Who gets the choice work of cleaning this mess up?

Whoever they are, they're just finishing up after ~7 hours of dirty stinking work.  Traffic was banked up all the way back to the airport at one stage, I believe.

6 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Whoever they are, they're just finishing up after ~7 hours of dirty stinking work.  Traffic was banked up all the way back to the airport at one stage, I believe.

I got arrested when I was 20yrs old(fighting, would you believe that??)

I was sentenced to working at the garbage dump for 100 hours

I went once and never went back

Got hauled back into court and judge screaming at me, told me no more dump, I had to pay a $700 fine instead

I think I had $750 in the bank and gladly paid it!    :)

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 6:29 PM, Poolie said:

I say leave it. Chiang Mai has long needed a splash of colour to brighten its drab day. 😀

C'mon, drab day ---- what a load of rubbish. 

(sorry couldn't resist)