News Forum - Tourist says man assaulted her after she refused to pay 50 baht for Koh Samui viewpoint

Thaiger

A Thai man is being accused of hitting a Russian tourist during a heated argument when she refused to pay a 50 baht entrance fee to a viewpoint on Koh Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand off the Surat Thani coast. The 33 year old woman and her partner went to a local police station and reported that the man hit her on the cheek and rib. A video shot by a bystander shows the tourist yelling at the 57 year old Thai man while the partner tried to break up the fight. The tourists were driving a […]

The story Tourist says man assaulted her after she refused to pay 50 baht for Koh Samui viewpoint as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Just again it proof that the thai education system is far behind and produce retarded idiots that ending up hitting there customers for 50 bath you just not let her in or just talk never hit a customer good advertising voor amazing thailand 

• Like 1
  • Angry 4

How did this woman have the bare faced cheek (pun intended) to complain.

she was clearly the aggressor and caused the poor man to defend himself and he showed great restraint.

I also must say the woman’s husband needs praise for staying calm throughout his wife’s attempt to assault the poor man.

I feel a couple of days in a cell and forced to leave Thailand will sober her up and teach her a lesson in calmness and respect (she is clearly not a Buddhist.

• Like 17
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Just again it proof that the thai education system is far behind and produce retarded idiots that ending up hitting there customers for 50 bath you just not let her in or just talk never hit a customer good advertising voor amazing thailand 

You surely did not watch the video. She was the aggressive one. 50 baht may be huge for the Thai people making an honest living. It is more sad that this woman is arguing because of 50 baht. How entitled can she be. I hope she at least get fined big time. You are a guest in that country. You are not entitled to anything. Don't like it than Don't come.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Slam said:

You surely did not watch the video. She was the aggressive one. 50 baht may be huge for the Thai people making an honest living. It is more sad that this woman is arguing because of 50 baht. How entitled can she be. I hope she at least get fined big time. You are a guest in that country. You are not entitled to anything. Don't like it than Don't come.

Here, here. A thoroughly nasty piece of work.

• Like 8

I not belief its the whole video only the convenient part you just not let her in no need to hit her apparently he is not a buddhist to 

• Like 1

Another tourist who thinks their privilege allows them to act the fool. Whomever argues over a 50 baht fee probably deserves to reap what they sow.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Prosaap said:

You must be Russian or know the women.. or you didn't watch the video.

She probably thought that the 50 baht was a scam and so she wrongfully picked a fight with the old man.. of course shouting in Russian.. It's 2022, everyone on earth speaks decent English but not her nor you seeing how poorly you write ✍️.. And you dare speaking about "education system". 

Then she hits him first.. 

I didn't know Russian Karens was a thing lol 

I would say 3 days in a cell and deportation..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prosaap said:

You are the retarded idiot if you think it was the Thai guy's fault. 

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

I not belief its the whole video only the convenient part you just not let her in no need to hit her apparently he is not a buddhist to 

What has his religion got to do with it? 

• Haha 1

Another Russian thinking they can bully or do as they like in Thailand !!! The video clearly shows she’s the aggressor the idiot and should be ashamed ..throw her in prison then deport the Russians need to learn this is not there country !!!! Horrible woman 

• Like 4

Could've been worse if he'd knee'd her in the beaver , then she'd be taking pictures of that to show everyone .. what did one bum cheek say to another .? " together we can stop this sh*t " ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

37 minutes ago, Farang711 said:

By what is shown in the video, it appears to be self defense.

I agree.  The video shows she hit him and he defends himself.  But again, we don't see what happened before so it may be better to reserve judgement until the whole video becomes available.

1 hour ago, Spooner said:

How did this woman have the bare faced cheek (pun intended) to complain.

she was clearly the aggressor and caused the poor man to defend himself and he showed great restraint.

I also must say the woman’s husband needs praise for staying calm throughout his wife’s attempt to assault the poor man.

I feel a couple of days in a cell and forced to leave Thailand will sober her up and teach her a lesson in calmness and respect (she is clearly not a Buddhist.

Male striking a female, a huge no no in civilized cultures, when she had no weapon ……yet all these pathetic “likes”  for the idiot caretaker…..husband should have smothered her at once and pulled her away ….and paid caretaker 100 baht for the trouble……

woman needs psych. eval……

• Like 1

Apart from using violence, he's right though. It costs 50 THB. Couldn't get in myself, because on that mountain I couldn't access my internet to transfer. Only no one to beat me up for it. I was already beaten up by walking up and down for nothing. Luckily one level down I could take pics for free😁

• Like 1

Women have strived for equal rights , if you gob off and hit a bloke then when the equal rights kick in accept it 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Needs a new better sign saying Private Property and pay before entering: Admission 50 baht

Cannot see the video as my system blocks it, but they should have enough sense to know better before it jumped into a hassle provocation. Bet here attitude either keeps her husband or partner very happy during boom boom times and wanting to drink the other.

• Haha 1

The real victim here is the aggressive ladies husband. Imagine being married to that. I will take a drive down to this viewpoint tomorrow, if Mr Mangkorn is there I will offer to pay his fine and legal fees. Poor guy trying to do a days graft and then this happens.

To cheer his spirits I will offer up one of my best jokes to him.

Q.What do you tell a Russian trespasser with 2 black eyes.

A. Nothing, you told her twice already.

mwahahahaha

Edited by TopDeadSenter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Could've been worse if he'd knee'd her in the beaver , then she'd be taking pictures of that to show everyone .. what did one bum cheek say to another .? " together we can stop this sh*t " ..

I bet he was thinking he needed some beaver.

33 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Male striking a female, a huge no no in civilized cultures, when she had no weapon ……yet all these pathetic “likes”  for the idiot caretaker…..husband should have smothered her at once and pulled her away ….and paid caretaker 100 baht for the trouble……

woman needs psych. eval……

"when she had no weapon" ???

She'd very clearly already punched him twice with a clenched fist and pushed him at least twice (two clearly visible, once more possibly, not on camera) then she picked up the folding chair and hit him with that!

... and only then, after she'd hit him with the folding chair, does he try to defend himself!

Then she picks up the chair again and throws it at him!

... and you call him an "idiot" and those who looked at the video "pathetic" 😂!

When she went to the police station she obviously didn't know the whole thing had been caught on camera - the evidence couldn't be clearer.

Hope she gets fined, jailed, thrown out and blacklisted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1