News Forum - Phuket health officials call for increased vigilance as island reports Omicron spike

Thaiger

Health officials in Phuket are urging tourism operators to be more cautious and adhere strictly to disease prevention measures as Omicron cases rise. Koosak Kookiatkul from Phuket’s Public Health Office says businesses must avail of antigen tests regularly to screen for new infections. The Bangkok Post reports that the island has now detected 144 cases of the highly-contagious Omicron variant. According to the report, active case-finding along Patong’s infamous Soi Bangla on December 28 resulted in 11 Omicron cases. Koosak says it’s imperative that businesses in the area enforce strict Covid-19 prevention measures to curb the spread of the virus. […]

The story Phuket health officials call for increased vigilance as island reports Omicron spike as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

13 minutes ago, ChrisBBQ said:

People are vaccinated and Omicron is a mild variant so lets go forward not backwards.

And there is only Omicron now ?

• Like 1

that many  at patong beach on new years??wow! i can see why its spreading!for sure that many should not be  in such a crowd when the virus is still with us.i want to return,but not to a bunch like that while covid is still there.i understand both ways.it might be good for shops,hotels,bars but not in the long run for thai people. chock dee to all.and i hope to return later this year for 6 months.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChrisBBQ said:

People are vaccinated and Omicron is a mild variant so lets go forward not backwards.

And the thousands of unvaccinated children do what?

Mild to an adult maybe not so mild to a child. Many children are strong and healthy but there is always a percentage of children not healthy.  Caution still needed.

• Like 2