News Forum - Possible amendments to Test & Go for Thailand Pass

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

It could be said that Hitler "got things done". I guess it's just a matter of if you approved of what "got done".

Trump got the important things like reducing regulation, boarder control, vaccines, got rid of isus,  energy independence, plus other things. 

He didn't go woke and kept his focus on America. 

However the woke crowd will never accept that things were better. Your reference to Hitler is just a woke cheap shot IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, spw888 said:

Another case of "TIT"?

I have lived in Thailand over 21 years. Married to a Thai, have kids together, own a business here and employ several staff. I have my visa, work permit, and residence permit all in order since arrival and we all pay our taxes and social security.  I am going to visit my kids and grandkids, haven't seen them for 2 years. First visit to meet my grandson who is almost 18 months! Departing Thailand 11th January, returning 23rd January. I got my Thailand pass approved on that basis. I booked flights, hotels, meetings, transport in Australia and on return to Bangkok all based around my approved trip.

If this proposed change is approved, I'm done - that will really be the final straw. 😤

If you have lived here 21 years you should be aware that things can change and have frequently changed in the past two years. I will not consider a trip to the US until things are well settled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

If you have lived here 21 years you should be aware that things can change and have frequently changed in the past two years. I will not consider a trip to the US until things are well settled.

Yeah. Old timers realize how things work here - changing, here and there, without notice or reasoning. 

Many have learned to roll with it without over concern.

As to travel plans - holding tight until things are work out properly would be wise.

We are part of creating that fact from now. Tourist coming, spend, coming, spend, you can do anything, they will still coming. 

I found today, that Cambodgia open also. Only a PCR test requist, no insurence, SHA, and other thing. They open and remain open, no change mind after one day :)

If i still take holiday, maybe i can change my airplaine ticket to Cambodgia.

Anyhow, i will think not only 2 times, many, many times before coming back to Thailand like tourist after that one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Indeed. Well, I waited almost 2 years before I chanced it. Waited until I got my visa and exemption to visit Australia. Waited until the Sandbox and, letterly, the "Test & Go" system have been operating efficiently for several months. 

I finally decided I had waited long enough to book my trip - which BTW was postponed since August 2020 when my grandson was born and, since then, postponed and checked every month!

Then, well, here comes "Omicron" - better known as a seasonal cold - and they lose their minds all over again.

So, thanks for the condescending, holier than thou, message, but it really doesn't help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spw888 said:

Indeed. Well, I waited almost 2 years before I chanced it. Waited until I got my visa and exemption to visit Australia. Waited until the Sandbox and, letterly, the "Test & Go" system have been operating efficiently for several months. 

I finally decided I had waited long enough to book my trip - which BTW was postponed since August 2020 when my grandson was born and, since then, postponed and checked every month!

Then, well, here comes "Omicron" - better known as a seasonal cold - and they lose their minds all over again.

So, thanks for the condescending, holier than thou, message, but it really doesn't help. 

So you knew what was happening and decided to risk it. Unfortunately you got çaught short. I too would like to visit family in the US, but in the unsettled situation won't risk it. 

However calling it a seasonal cold will have to wait until more is known. 

9 hours ago, rockitos said:

We are part of creating that fact from now. Tourist coming, spend, coming, spend, you can do anything, they will still coming. 

I found today, that Cambodgia open also. Only a PCR test requist, no insurence, SHA, and other thing. They open and remain open, no change mind after one day :)

If i still take holiday, maybe i can change my airplaine ticket to Cambodgia.

Anyhow, i will think not only 2 times, many, many times before coming back to Thailand like tourist after that one.

Enjoy Cambodia and stay well.

19 hours ago, LoongFred said:

So you knew what was happening and decided to risk it. Unfortunately you got çaught short. I too would like to visit family in the US, but in the unsettled situation won't risk it. 

However calling it a seasonal cold will have to wait until more is known. 

Yes, thanks again for your opinion