Dog tired of the Dogs.....

GMoney2312

Anyone else have this problem?

I slept about 4 hours last night, all from the roaming pack of street dogs that howl and bark, and attack each other all night long.

At midnight, one dog was screaming in pain as someone was beating him.(Maybe that person wanted to sleep also)

Do you think small Thai communities can ever consider cleaning up their streets and regulating the growing number of dogs in the streets? And not to mention the driving hazards as well! Most dogs refuse to even move out of the way!

I get the general impression no one likes to take a stand on much of anything overall.

• Like 5

We live about 500m from a small temple, it also has the obligatory dogs. They bark a bit, & several times a week one of the dogs beats up another one. Poor things screams in pain. Monk breaks them. Rinse & repeat.

One of the dogs came onto our patio last week, & attacked our Jack Russell. I came out & whacked it on the head with the hoover pipe. He left, very quickly.

It annoys me the way dogs are not controlled.

I doubt it will change.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Faraday said:

We live about 500m from a small temple, it also has the obligatory dogs. They bark a bit, & several times a week one of the dogs beats up another one. Poor things screams in pain. Monk breaks them. Rinse & repeat.

One of the dogs came onto our patio last week, & attacked our Jack Russell. I came out & whacked it on the head with the hoover pipe. He left, very quickly.

I doubt it will change.

It won't change because Thais worry that dog they would love to beat is actually a former family member who was reincarnated as a dog

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

Do you think small Thai communities can ever consider cleaning up their streets and regulating the growing number of dogs in the streets? And not to mention the driving hazards as well! Most dogs refuse to even move out of the way!

Driving hazards.
A couple of days ago we were coming home when a dog ran across the road. not in front of our car, but between the the front and rear wheels as my wife was driving. We were on a dual carriageway doing about 80kph. A 'thump' was the thing I heard.

11 minutes ago, Faraday said:

You should have switched the hoover on and sucked it into the vacuum cleaner.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I hear ya. I am a dog lover, but Thailand is changing my mind.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

won't change because Thais worry that dog they would love to beat is actually a former family member who was reincarnated as a dog

Funny, but probably true!🤣

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

It won't change because Thais worry that dog they would love to beat is actually a former family member who was reincarnated as a dog

In a former life I was a dog named Suzie, not a very good one though, I was a shitsu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Marble-eye said:

In a former life I was a dog named Suzie, not a very good one though, I was a shitsu.

Were you in that rubbish zoo they had with only one type of animal of every kind? I heard it was a shitzu.

• Haha 4

Well, coincidentally, the Monk just wandered into our land - the builders are starting the last part of our wall today, so I broached the dog problem.

He speaks a little bit of Engrish, as I do Thai, & with the help of Translate, told him he must control the dogs & suggested - with hand signals, that he should cut their balls off.

I was polite & joking about it. He just laughed. It won't change though.

Best I buy another Hoover. If I get an industrial model, I can do as @Bluesofasuggested, & suck them up, but not off....555!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yep same problem here, we have a dog every 50 metres or so. Not a real problem during daylight hours but they roam around everywhere all night.

We built a fence around our property a few years ago to keep neighbours dogs (and chickens) out, at the time we had no dog, but now we do and it's been a godsend to keep her inside, only going out on the lead twice a day.

She was in heat recently and during the day all the males gathered outside fighting, but we bring her in the house at night and so to be honest, we hear nothing much now.

The whole animal scene here gets me very angry. Now the neighbours directly opposite have encouraged their 12 year old son and his many friends to have fighting cocks and spend hours every day 'learning' how to get them to hate each other.

Frequently get asked to buy monkey, rats, birds (including birds of prey), but thankfully the wife isn't interested.

I'm not a pessimist but I can't see this changing much for a few more generations.

Can't wait to move when I feel safe to do so.

• Like 2

Somebody once told me and never truer words were spoken "the Thais won't change for you, you must change for them" either that or move house. Incidentally is what we did at our last house, sick to death of their incessant yapping during the night, daytime wasn't too bad as I had just bought a catapult.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I'm not a pessimist but I can't see this changing much for a few more generations.

Are flame throwers legal here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

daytime wasn't too bad as I had just bought a catapult.

An actual catapult? To launch intruders off the property?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

An actual catapult? To launch intruders off the property?

Yes but it was not on the scale of the Roman Ballista, just the basic model sold at all good mom and pop shops.

• Cool 1

21 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Rat salesmen? What province is this?

Kanchanaburi.

Salesmen, not really, more women on motorbikes doing the rounds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

I hear ya. I am a dog lover, but Thailand is changing my mind.

You are still a dog lover, you don't like feral pests and pets that are allowed to roam free all night and day

It is a cultural thing with causes irreparable and will never change 

• Like 1

Years ago a neighbour of mine had about 6 soi dogs, he once said to me it's funny how you dont see any dog shit around, I said to him you should come in my garden and see it, I think he got the message

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

I doubt it will change.

Rabies test now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Years ago a neighbour of mine had about 6 soi dogs, he once said to me it's funny how you dont see any dog shit around, I said to him you should come in my garden and see it, I think he got the message

Yeah, Thai people should not be allowed to have a dog or dogs unless they are approved as responsible as most are not. constant battle no matter where you are at.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Rabies test now?

Fortunately there weren't any puncture wounds & my hairy 🐕‍🦺 son has had his Rabies shot.

Thanks for the heads-up though.👍

My other son - with two legs, managed to fix the dent in the hoover pipe! 😀

• Like 1