News Forum - Pattaya sets up 3 free Covid-19 testing points to access nightlife

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Unlikely as you could have tested anyone, even your dog, anytime.

It's a start, and it's clearly been thought through a lot more than some comments here.

If you don't like the rules, fine, be a whinger or 'freedom' advocate depending on your perspective.

If you can't obey them, though, and try to cheat then shove off before you get us all tarred with the same brush - if it's not too late already.

It’s not a start. It’s a massive retrograde step and likely to throw thousands of Thai restaurant workers out of work yet again and create massive financial problems for them yet again. It’s also likely to further discourage fully vaxxed international tourist. Vaccination was supposed to get us all out this mess so that we could start living normal lives again. But seemingly it hasn’t made any difference, so where exactly do we go from here? In the end we’ll all have to learn to live with this virus anyway, which for the vast majority of those who catch it, exhibit very mild symptoms. The sooner we start to dispense with useless ineffectual rules that destroy people’s livelihoods, the better.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

It’s not a start. etc etc

It's a start because without it restaurants cum bars can't open so it allows them to do so when they were unable to do so before, and it's what many Thais want if tourism is to be allowed to re-start.

If you don't like it because it doesn't suit you and you prefer to find ways to cheat to get around it, maybe you should consider moving somewhere else - most Thais don't have that option.

27 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Vaccination was supposed to get us all out this mess so that we could start living normal lives again. But seemingly it hasn’t made any difference, so where exactly do we go from here?

No it wasn't - it was always going to be one of the tools to "get us all out of this mess", which we're all stuck in due in no small part to those who can't stick to the rules who use 'other people's livelihoods' as an excuse.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

It's a start because without it restaurants cum bars can't open so it allows them to do so when they were unable to do so before, and it's what many Thais want if tourism is to be allowed to re-start.

If you don't like it because it doesn't suit you and you prefer to find ways to cheat to get around it, maybe you should consider moving somewhere else - most Thais don't have that option.

No it wasn't - it was always going to be one of the tools to "get us all out of this mess", which we're all stuck in due in no small part to those who can't stick to the rules who use 'other people's livelihoods' as an excuse.

You’re obviously a wealthy ex-pat who’s never had to worry about how you’re going to pay next month’s rent or where on earth you’re going to get the money to pay for your children’s new school shoes. Or, for that matter, how you’re going to pay for your aging mother’s kidney dialysis this month. Believe me, there are a LOT worse things in life than suffering from a few mild symptoms caused by contracting covid. Maybe not for you, nor indeed for me. But for thousands of Thais who are AGAIN thrown out of work this is a disaster. If you so enjoy such an insane and pointless set of senseless new covid rules might I suggest living in China. I think you’d really enjoy it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

You’re obviously a wealthy ex-pat who’s never had to worry about how you’re going to pay next month’s rent or where on earth you’re going to get the money to pay for your children’s new school shoes. Or, for that matter, how you’re going to pay for your aging mother’s kidney dialysis this month. Believe me, there are a LOT worse things in life than suffering from a few mild symptoms caused by contracting covid. Maybe not for you, nor indeed for me. But for thousands of Thais who are AGAIN thrown out of work this is a disaster. If you so enjoy such an insane and pointless set of senseless new covid rules might I suggest living in China. I think you’d really enjoy it.

You obviously don’t understand Thailand. Thailand has universal health care that’s very efficient and good. Although those in the tourist industries loss work, there are plenty of jobs and Thais are very resourceful. Most of those out of work were looking for easy foreign money, IMO. Thailand imports labor from neighboring  countries so don’t tell me there isn’t work.

24 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

20 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

You obviously don’t understand Thailand. Thailand has universal health care that’s very efficient and good. Although those in the tourist industries loss work, there are plenty of jobs and Thais are very resourceful. Most of those out of work were looking for easy foreign money, IMO. Thailand imports labor from neighboring  countries so don’t tell me there isn’t work.

It obviously upsets your lifestyle and those in the entertainment industry. Thailand obviously doesn’t want what Pattaya has to offer although those with a vested interest will disagree. The government would be happy if it isn’t able to ever reopen and to sleaze goes away.

If you are retiring in Thailand you must have at least  65000 baht per month so you your plenty wealthy to buy new shoes for your friends children. Over the years I’ve bought a lot of shoes and uniforms. Opening your wallet feels good.

54 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

might I suggest living in China. I think you’d really enjoy it.

Have you ever lived in China?

Thought not.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Have you ever lived in China?

Thought not.

Yes I have. The Chinese have long since learned to shut up and do what they’re told. To keep society ‘safe’.  You’ll absolutely love it.

5 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Yes I have. The Chinese have long since learned to shut up and do what they’re told. To keep society ‘safe’.  You’ll absolutely love it.

I'm in my seventeenth year there. You misrepresent the country.