News Forum - Updates for food and beverage venues in Pattaya

Thaiger

(“Food and beverage venues” is a euphemism for ‘bars-pretending-to-be-restaurants’) Pattaya businesses are being thrown another curved ball with the Chon Buri governor releasing new orders last night to clarify, and in some cases increase, restrictions and conditions for food and beverage venues. The updated guidelines relate specifically to bars that are trying to re-open under a loophole that lets them open and sell alcohol in Pattaya, Bang Lamung and Nongprue. The added, or clarified, guidelines have been translated by The Pattaya News… 1. All staff, including musicians, performers, entertainers, etc (whatever ‘etc’ is) must take a rapid antigen Covid19 test […]

The story Updates for food and beverage venues in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well I was suppsoed to go to Pattaya to meet a friend middle of this month, but now looks like I will pass and stay in CM. I will not take 10 on the spot tests per day just to go to places for fun or what ever they find acceptable, so if did go then beach side and 7-11 alcohol is the easier way to go. Seems with 442 publicised new infections that the place is now a trap door if you visit there. You might get stuck and quarantined with extra costs coming out of your pocket, and then for me to fly back to CM it is a risk as well. Every corner you turn you are subject to taking a test and getting caught out with a positive result. 

• Like 3

I haven't taken an antigen test yet. How are the results recorded with a date associated with it? Seems like you would just be able to carry a negative test around with you to show the health care professional on duty at the bar/restaurant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I haven't taken an antigen test yet. How are the results recorded with a date associated with it? Seems like you would just be able to carry a negative test around with you to show the health care professional on duty at the bar/restaurant. 

Shhh....they don't know that. But now it's our secret😷😷😷

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

It's inaccurate & majority of the time, it's a false positive. They will call an ambulance for you even asymptomatic.

28 minutes ago, ace035 said:

It's inaccurate & majority of the time, it's a false positive. They will call an ambulance for you even asymptomatic.

And that right there is why I am probably not going to travel to meet my friend in Pattaya. Just not worth it being cornered and loss of freedom at that direct time of test result appearing. Now if possible to do then I like the idea of Lawyers_Guns_and Money, but I still think we are going to get caught up and out somewhere at any given moment in resort places. In CM we know where and what we can do to slide by..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

And that right there is why I am probably not going to travel to meet my friend in Pattaya. Just not worth it being cornered and loss of freedom at that direct time of test result appearing. Now if possible to do then I like the idea of Lawyers_Guns_and Money, but I still think we are going to get caught up and out somewhere at any given moment in resort places. In CM we know where and what we can do to slide by..

You made the right decision to "staycation" where ever you are. Almost every single day, it's getting worst and that Chonburi governor already in the panic mode along with PM, TAT, CCSA & that chicken little piece of s*** Anutin. Just live with & fight through it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ace035 said:

You made the right decision to "staycation" where ever you are. Almost every single day, it's getting worst and that Chonburi governor already in the panic mode along with PM, TAT, CCSA & that chicken little piece of s*** Anutin. Just live with & fight through it.

I will just tell him to come up to CM after he lands and clears his tests middle of the month, but have also told him if he tests positive he will have to do a full quarantine at cost. As much as I need a get-away to the beach, it just doesn't make sense until we see what is happening and what hoops they are going to roll out making the establishments of drinking fun and hotels do. Not to mention the airlines may impose a swab and go or put you in custody of no freedom. Rolling the dice would be moronic until things get more clear.

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

a loophole that lets them open and sell alcohol in Pattaya,

This loophole is not the same as the other holes you can avail yourself of in a bar .. trust Thailand to muddy the water about holes .. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dedinbed said:

This loophole is not the same as the other holes you can avail yourself of in a bar .. trust Thailand to muddy the water about holes .. 

I remember a 'bar' with shows, called Polo. That was definitely the mint with the holes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not getting anywhere close to any joint that does half-assed on spot testing if they are unceremoniously going to shuffle me off to the hospital if (false) positive #nightmare

• Like 3

so, they will have to put ATK test on the menu as an entrée? nice way of making few hundred baht and lose dozens of customers. this governor really has no clue

This ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense has gone on way too long. 

Screw these idiots. 

Edited by mcambl61

7 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

These ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense has gone on way too long. 

Screw these idiots. 

The usual big city/Farang ghetto issue. 

Upcountry is living again - more or less.

This will probably be the final nail in the coffin for many small busineses and result in 1000's of job losses for lower wage earners.

I would be very interested to know the real unemployment rates in thailand at present.

tourism used to employ a lot of thai nationals.

No doubt a few I'm alright jack posts about tourism not being important to the thai economy will soon follow.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 12:45 PM, ace035 said:

It's inaccurate & majority of the time, it's a false positive. 

Well, maybe 20% of positives are false - that's a heck of a lot, but hardly the "majority of the time."

On 1/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Seems like you would just be able to carry a negative test around with you to show the health care professional on duty at the bar/restaurant. 

Seems like you don't really know - and what "health care professional" 😂?