Lawn care

M.O.

Recommendations needed for a good lawn care service.

My lawn is causing a headache. Despite laying new turf it starts to die off within weeks. It is watered regularly and was even supplied with fertiliser. There was mention that over-watering is detrimental - correct? Or perhaps the soil needs treatment. Read that frequent mowing is better. How often?

HELP!

7 minutes ago, M.O. said:

Recommendations needed for a good lawn care service.

My lawn is causing a headache. Despite laying new turf it starts to die off within weeks. It is watered regularly and was even supplied with fertiliser. There was mention that over-watering is detrimental - correct? Or perhaps the soil needs treatment. Read that frequent mowing is better. How often?

HELP!

Whereabouts are you, eg if in Chiang Mai I can recommend professional help.

What type of grass is it - Japanese, Nor Noi or Malay? 

Is the subsoil a graded topsoil, rice paddy fill, clay?

I've always used Malay/Malaysian, as it does well in shade or full sun and recovers well after harsh punishment.  Stallions can even be transplanted to repair bare patches.  A quality chicken poo fertiliser works wonders and topdressing with a weedfree topsoil irons out hollows and promotes growth.

We installed an irrigation system which saves hand watering of ~ 600m2 of lawns, ideal if you can draw from lake, river or dam. 

House is a new build just outside Bangkok. No idea what the soil is. It probably is not Malaysian grass (which is also called cow grass?). Adding 2 pics showing grass inside and outside wall. Completely different!

20220102_121852.jpg