News Forum - CCSA: response teams not lockdowns if holiday brings Covid-19

Thaiger

The saying goes, “hope for the best, plan for the worst.” After crowded and energetic New Year’s Eve celebrations and extensive travel for the New Year’s holiday, the CCSA is making plans to handle the inevitable surge in Covid-19 infections. In order to curb any outbreaks resulting from the holiday, the CCSA has readied response teams to deploy to affected areas. While they brace for new Covid-19 infections, the government insists they do not intend to reinstate any of the harsh lockdowns Thailand has suffered from over the last year. Instead, the response teams are designed to be able to […]

The story CCSA: response teams not lockdowns if holiday brings Covid-19 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The saying goes, “hope for the best, plan for the worst.” After crowded and energetic New Year’s Eve celebrations and extensive travel for the New Year’s holiday, the CCSA is making plans to handle the inevitable surge in Covid-19 infections. In order to curb any outbreaks resulting from the holiday, the CCSA has readied response teams to deploy to affected areas. While they brace for new Covid-19 infections, the government insists they do not intend to reinstate any of the harsh lockdowns Thailand has suffered from over the last year. Instead, the response teams are designed to be able to […]

The story CCSA: response teams not lockdowns if holiday brings Covid-19 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why allow "crowded and energetic New Year's Eve celebrations and extensive travel for the New Year’s holiday"  in the first place?

home- office, school and online buying, is new normal or near future
for the "elected and liked" world-deciders with and around WEF /world economy meeting.
what is not an isolation and a reduced "real" life.

i mean, who watch, still t.v. ( tell "real" vision ) will be still be fine

No nationwide lockdown, but I guess local lockdown still possible in highly affected areas. If last songkran was a indication, I guess before 20 January we will know where that will be.

Why they allowed travel home for christmas, and allowed 200k+ international tourist arrivals, is beyond me. This pandemic will never end while travelling continue.

38 minutes ago, ThaiPhilExpat said:

No nationwide lockdown, but I guess local lockdown still possible in highly affected areas. If last songkran was a indication, I guess before 20 January we will know where that will be.

Why they allowed travel home for christmas, and allowed 200k+ international tourist arrivals, is beyond me. This pandemic will never end while travelling continue.

It can be, that it will get endemic quicker, this way.

The hope is high, that omicron is the needed step to make it a seasonal flu like virus.  Still one that is killing some of the vulnerable, but with one shot every year, adopted to the latest known version, not more dangerous, as the flu. (WHO estimates about 600.000 people are killed, annually, by flu) Plus we are getting now medicines, that should do the same, like the vaccines: prevent heavy sicknesses/death.

So just lets hope, it will be a better year.

What's the APP for me to reserve a response team for my village, as they are going to be needed for sure?

Last week, and probably the next few days, I have never seen so many new faces of diaspora gathering in one small place, large drinking, dancing family groups all hugging their elderly family members without a care in the world.

And this after a poo yai announcement saying there are now over 100 (unreported?) Omicron cases in or near the village.

The majority will likely leave tomorrow, it's what they may leave behind that concerns me.

Omicron is now in Thailand. That 1000 who have contracted it, despite doing the right thing, we seed the spread to every corner of Thailand, rapidly. Christmas and New Year have only compounded the problem, although these gatherings were subdued by normal standards. I don't think the CCSA has any idea what is coming. These rapid response teams will be inundated. In my country, cases have risen sharply and will continue to grow quickly. As an example, two weeks ago in my home state, perhaps ten cases a day. Today 3500. Omicron will become endemic. I am glad to see there is no return to mass lockdowns in Thailand. It seems lockdowns are last year's thinking. The sand has shifted again. I would suggest getting a pack of rapid antigen tests for yourselves. 2021...... toilet paper. 2022.... rapid antigen tests!!!

9 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Why allow "crowded and energetic New Year's Eve celebrations and extensive travel for the New Year’s holiday"  in the first place?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe a regular happy person wants some fun at a new year celebration? All gloomy unhappy people can stay in their cosy homes where no covid can harm them, thank you very much :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HiuMak said:

yes  to stupid - as usual...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saltire said:

What's the APP for me to reserve a response team for my village, as they are going to be needed for sure?

Last week, and probably the next few days, I have never seen so many new faces of diaspora gathering in one small place, large drinking, dancing family groups all hugging their elderly family members without a care in the world.

And this after a poo yai announcement saying there are now over 100 (unreported?) Omicron cases in or near the village.

The majority will likely leave tomorrow, it's what they may leave behind that concerns me.

Yes true,  and the world shake their heads ( it also goes on other places in the world)- but what to expect from childish unskilled - ? any surprise ? I am not.   

• Like 1

Whatever happen to the very base ideals of promoting or mandating societal mitigations protocols and practices. 

Remember - it's very basic. The viral cooties have nowhere to go if they haven't hosts to spread from. 

It's terribly simple. And after two long years we still haven't learned anything.