News Forum - Omicron variant found in triple-vaxxed woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat

Thaiger

As infections of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 surpass 1,100 cases in Thailand, the first confirmed case in Nakhon Si Thammarat was identified in a woman who had already been fully vaccinated and received a booster shot. The 26 year old woman works at Kasemrad Hospital in Bangkok and travelled to the province to attend her grandfather’s funeral. The woman with the Omicron variant, who had been double vaccinated with Sinovac shots and received a Pfizer booster shot at the end of August, travelled to tambon Chalong in Sichon district on December 28. Before boarding the bus south, she told […]

The story Omicron variant found in triple-vaxxed woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

... double vaccinated with Sinovac shots and received a Pfizer booster shot at the end of August,

So effectively she'd had a single dose of Pfizer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hm....Sinovac....I remember some discussions about this vaccine.😅 But at least, the 3 shots seems to work, to protect her from a severe course of Omicron.

I don't understand, why Thethaiger use this as a headline, because even triple-vaxxed people can get Covid (Omicron).🙄

Panic?!

Let us wait until the end of the holidays...there will be much more infections. If not, then there must be a mistake somewhere else...

Edited by SkylineGTR82
  • Like 2

You can’t stop a virus. When you couldn’t stop earlier variants and this one replicates at 70 times the rate in the bronchus, how exactly are you going to be stopping this one? Certainly not from using a fake vaccine. It’s much weaker for most. Let people catch it and try and shelter the vulnerable, like Sweden did.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

You can’t stop a virus. When you couldn’t stop earlier variants and this one replicates at 70 times the rate in the bronchus, how exactly are you going to be stopping this one? Certainly not from using a fake vaccine. It’s much weaker for most. Let people catch it and try and shelter the vulnerable, like Sweden did.

The virus cannot be stopped either, but in my opinion the vaccine is an important tool to reduce severe disease and thus save lives. All those who do not think this is necessary should spend a day in an intensive care unit with Covid patients. Then their mind will suddenly change.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, SkylineGTR82 said:

... But at least, the 3 shots seems to work, to protect her from a severe course of Omicron.

I don't understand, why Thethaiger use this as a headline, because even triple-vaxxed people can get Covid (Omicron).🙄

Panic?!

Let us wait until the end of the holidays...there will be much more infections. If not, then there must be a mistake somewhere else...

Very misleading, as you say, and possibly ill-informed.

Even if triple-jabbed with Pfizer or Moderna that wouldn't stop her being infected. All it would hopefully do would be to give her some protection from being symptomatic or any severe effects.

... and FWIW, there's no way of knowing if any of the shots "worked" or not as she might have been asymptomatic anyway, even unvaccinated.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

Let people catch it and try and shelter the vulnerable, like Sweden did.

"like Sweden did" ?

I'm far from sure that's what Sweden did as policy, and it they did it didn't work very well!

• Like 1

Sinovac????????, not effective yet vs Omicron variant & it's still under review, then combined with Pfizer and still did not work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Even if triple-jabbed with Pfizer or Moderna that wouldn't stop her being infected. All it would hopefully do would be to give her some protection from being symptomatic or any severe effects.

... and FWIW, there's no way of knowing if any of the shots "worked" or not as she might have been asymptomatic anyway, even unvaccinated.

Maybe I expressed myself a little unhappy, but I mean basically the same as you. Vaccination cannot generally prevent the infection, but the likelihood is very high that it will prevent a life-threatening course. Personally, however, the headline of this news bothers me most, as it can be misunderstood and suggests to people (who may not be adequately informed): Oh, I don't need to get vaccinated, because I can get infected with it one way or another. And that's bullshit.

• Like 1

not have proof, only have statements whiich are also daily repeated,
that being vaccinated, for example 3 times, with pfizer or astra,
protect people of being very sick.

without thaat belief from statements of experts of governmental institutions,
almost nobody in the world would take any vaccine,
just for being protected of those viruses.

is there, any vaccine what protects people from the force of government
because of, take shots or lose job  ?
that would be a great business idea for pharma.

well, people not get very sick who live healthy,
but is common in the modern time, to not even talk about. 
where being low educated, leads to fear and then beliefs.

Edited by think-and-ask
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, think-and-ask said:

not have proof, only have statements whiich are also daily repeated,
that being vaccinated, for example 3 times, with pfizer or astra,
protect people of being very sick.

without thaat belief from statements of experts of governmental institutions,
almost nobody in the world would take any vaccine,
just for being protected of those viruses.

is there, any vaccine what protects people from the force of government
because of, take shots or lose job  ?
that would be a great business idea for pharma.

well, people not get very sick who live healthy,
but is common in the modern time, to not even talk about. 
where being low educated, leads to fear and then beliefs.

The own freedom ends where the freedom of others is restricted or endangered! Even people with a low level of education know that, because that is what defines humanity. Apparently not you ... a shame. Also, if you want to see a proof of whether the vaccination is working, look at the mortality rate of the first waves without vaccination versus waves with vaccination. Can you see the difference? Shouldn't be a problem even for the highly educated ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Amazed as to how many have not been able to work these things out as of yet. 

Absorbing the much repeated propaganda? 

sars covid virs been around long time live with it it only has 0.0023% of death raye far as my calculations are on population vrs death rate in USA whats all th stink about do the math

Anti covid vaccines do precious little to inoculate as they have little influence on antibodies. They promote T cells so the second line of defense is enhanced. Get 5 shots but it won't stop the spread of the dreaded virus. 

Soon omicron covid will storm the world (actually happening now) and some normality will be restored. Just a few more weeks and all will be confirmed.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Buzzkill said:

sars covid virs been around long time live with it it only has 0.0023% of death raye far as my calculations are on population vrs death rate in USA whats all th stink about do the math

Yes, do the math but learn the math first. 812,000 deaths from a population of 330 million is 0.246%

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh God! Triple vaccinated and got Covid? Let's do 4!

4x vaccinated got covid? Let's do 5.

5x vaccinated, let's do 6x etc. 

FH1cIfBXMAQsROP.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

As infections of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 surpass 1,100 cases in Thailand, the first confirmed case in Nakhon Si Thammarat was identified in a woman who had already been fully vaccinated and received a booster shot. The 26 year old woman works at Kasemrad Hospital in Bangkok and travelled to the province to attend her grandfather’s funeral. The woman with the Omicron variant, who had been double vaccinated with Sinovac shots and received a Pfizer booster shot at the end of August, travelled to tambon Chalong in Sichon district on December 28. Before boarding the bus south, she told […]

The story Omicron variant found in triple-vaxxed woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Also Breaking News; Thousands of people exposed to CV19 every day that don't get sick.

Now that we are two years into this we can dispense with the "one off" anecdotal stories that provide zero value. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SkylineGTR82 said:

The own freedom ends where the freedom of others is restricted or endangered! Even people with a low level of education know that, because that is what defines humanity. Apparently not you ... a shame. Also, if you want to see a proof of whether the vaccination is working, look at the mortality rate of the first waves without vaccination versus waves with vaccination. Can you see the difference? Shouldn't be a problem even for the highly educated ...

1. i am not interested in thaat beliefs ( not science, not proved to be true ),
about freedom ends, when others are in danger, what you said.
and nothing gets true by daily repeating it for 1-2 years or longer. it remainds on religion.

2. i agree, with low education and not serious brain damage,
people can see the visions, not facts, on t.v. ( tell vision ) etc.
and your belief about me, does not help anyone.

3. actually even the governmental statistics ( health institutions )
from many countries this days, not say what you believe.
just let it be and have a nice day, otherwise people could think,
you get profits from the most corrupted industry in the world.

Edited by think-and-ask

1 minute ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Also Breaking News; Thousands of people exposed to CV19 every day that don't get sick.

Now that we are two years into this we can dispense with the "one off" anecdotal stories that provide zero value. 

That's very cruel, taking away the last straws that the vax/lockdown/quarantaine enthusiasts are still clinging on to 'prove they are right'... 😜

5 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Anti covid vaccines do precious little to inoculate as they have little influence on antibodies. They promote T cells so the second line of defense is enhanced. Get 5 shots but it won't stop the spread of the dreaded virus. 

Soon omicron covid will storm the world (actually happening now) and some normality will be restored. Just a few more weeks and all will be confirmed.

Yes Mick you are on the money. Omicron will become endemic inevitably. High infection numbers are being recorded here now. Here we now have the perfect storm. A large chunk of the Aussie population can get their third dose from January 4 and at the same time the 5-11 year olds become eligible January 10. Testing lines are long and results longer and rapid antigen tests have sold out. I just hope Thailand and other countries take note of what is happening here.... it's what is coming to all the countries in our region. Worth taking a look at what's happening in Africa as it's the eye on what may or may not happen in the months to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1