News Forum - “Thailand Trusted Destination” certification aimed at luring tourists

Thaiger

19 minutes ago, farang said:

i keep hearing diff views on this.does anyone know for sure? 

Many reports last 2 months, some had to pay up to 300,000 baht US$9,000 themselves.

Inconclusive result lead to forced extended stay at hotel or hospital. Request for additional new test same day denied.

No one know for sure. One is in the mercy of quarantine hotel or hospital, and they add on the bill items that the insurance don't cover.

I would never travel internationally during a pandemic, too much can go wrong, and the reports are increasing on a daily basis.

• Like 2

If they want to lure tourists, how about they get the Thailand Pass system back up and running. I only want Phuket sandbox (which is the only avenue left) and site has been down for two days now??? Is that a dancing elephant or a trampling elephant??

13 hours ago, ace035 said:

So, "luring tourists" to trick them & later on to scam them to quarantine to a hospital even asympthomatic so you can get their COVID-19 insurance.

Gets more and more like aseannow on here every day ! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ace035 said:

Not necessarily, because some farangs buy COVID-19 insurance outside of Thailand due to the fact that its way more cheaper than within Thailand. And when they pop positive, their COVID-19 insurance will not work in Thailand where the scam starts. It happened to the farangs couple with their children reported by someone(not mention any name) last Nov, the husband was asymptomatic & paid at least B300K baht out of his pocket.

So someone buys the wrong insurance and it’s whos fault again ? 

• Like 1

Not necessarily, because some farangs buy COVID-19 insurance outside of Thailand due to the fact that its way more cheaper than within Thailand. And when they pop positive, their COVID-19 insurance will not work in Thailand where the scam starts. It happened to the farangs couple with their children reported by someone(not mention any name) last Nov, the husband was asymptomatic & paid at least B300K baht out of his pocket.

Its a mandatory entry requirement that all visitors have valid Covid-19 insurance here.

If anyone arriving  doesn't and they have to pay as a result they obviously have no-one to blame but themselves as they are the ones who have tried to "scam" the mandatory requirement.

2 hours ago, farang said:

from  what i understand about the insurance ,the 50,000 usd covid type,is that it pays if you are in a hospital being treated for covid. and if just check positive,but not sick or not admitted to a hospital it dont pay. and if you test positive it also dont pay your 14 days  lock down bill either. am i thinking right on this? i keep hearing diff views on this.does anyone know for sure? thanks in advance for any reply. chock dee to all.

No, completely wrong.

The mandated insurance covers any and all medical coverage for Covid-19 (below the limit) as long as it is required medically.

The decision as to whether you're quarantined in an AQ hotel or hospitalised after testing positive is strictly a medical one, NOT a personal choice, and so the costs are covered.

2 hours ago, ThaiPhilExpat said:

Many reports last 2 months, some had to pay up to 300,000 baht US$9,000 themselves.

Inconclusive result lead to forced extended stay at hotel or hospital. Request for additional new test same day denied.

No one know for sure. One is in the mercy of quarantine hotel or hospital, and they add on the bill items that the insurance don't cover.

I would never travel internationally during a pandemic, too much can go wrong, and the reports are increasing on a daily basis.

Yet again, totally untrue based on unsubstantiated and anecdotal claims on sites like this.  The policy has been reported in the News media countless times.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-official-explains-procedure-for-tourists-testing-covid-positive-on-landing-82419.php

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2206023/rules-for-travellers-clarified

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/no-quarantine-phuket-sandbox-plan

I'm coming to Thailand in March. Of course you had to provide evidence of insurance covering Covid for USD 50,000. It's through axa and plastered all over the embassy websites and Thailand Pass system, so you can't miss it. It costs about USD 80. I already have insurance cover for my trip which covers everything, but because when it comes to Covid and other serious situations, the certificate says the amount of cover is "unlimited"  ( Now WE know what unlimited means, but apparently the Thai Government doesn't). No ...they want a certificate that says USD 50,000. So, when the Thailand Pass System finally comes up again (it's not loading at all for the last two days), I have to buy the axa product just to satisfy the requirement. Just one of the many little tricks....part of the "luring" I think.

not so many years ago, there was a go go in Jomtien called "we are number 1" it was the shittiest place i ever visited there. this campaign remains me that go go

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm coming to Thailand in March. Of course you had to provide evidence of insurance covering Covid for USD 50,000. It's through axa and plastered all over the embassy websites and Thailand Pass system, so you can't miss it. It costs about USD 80. I already have insurance cover for my trip which covers everything, but because when it comes to Covid and other serious situations, the certificate says the amount of cover is "unlimited"  ( Now WE know what unlimited means, but apparently the Thai Government doesn't). No ...they want a certificate that says USD 50,000. So, when the Thailand Pass System finally comes up again (it's not loading at all for the last two days), I have to buy the axa product just to satisfy the requirement. Just one of the many little tricks....part of the "luring" I think.

The insurance doesn't have to be through AXA - it just has to be for a minimum of $50,000 and cover Covid, as the MFA clearly say.  If your insurance covers that but it isn't specific all you need is confirmation from them.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/thailand-pass-faqs

Some have evidently come with inadequate insurance that didn't meet the very clear mandated requirements and "scammed" Thai immigration instead - Thailand can hardly be held responsible for that.

33 minutes ago, remo940 said:

I really trust them a lot especially after I paid 4200 bhat  for a PCR test when I arrived at the Phuket airport.

When was that, and under what entry scheme?

I haven't done it, but as far as I'm aware you're supposed to pre-book and pre-pay for your Covid test on arrival in Phuket, and if you do that it's 2,100 baht.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/7519-how-do-you-book-a-pcr-test-on-arrival-at-phuket-airport/

https://fanclubthailand.co.uk/phuket-sandbox-reopening-frequently-asked-questions/

If, though, someone doesn't do as the Thailand Pass website says, or have the mandated insurance, etc, .....

They're just clutching at straws!

One knee jerk reaction to another, one system ripe for scamming the tourist after another!

Thailand and Trust, not two words I would naturally link together. 

I have said many, many times on this forum, that trust or rather the lack of it, will damage tourism as much as Covid itself.

The answer:

Stop trying to protect yourself from something which is in every country that you are trying to attract visitors from, and is already in the Kingdom.

Cut all the silly restrictions out, and treat adults like adults.

The only reasonable requirement for entry should be a negative PCR test 72 hours before departure from your country of origin.

All travellers must be fully vaccinated ( 3 jabs currently).

Compulsory insurance which covers all medical expenses in all eventualities, including hotel stays if needed.

If those ducks are in a row, granted visa on arrival. 

Be an adult, go enjoy yourself. 

Unless they do this, they will continue to lose more money than they hope to scam.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

not so many years ago, there was a go go in Jomtien called "we are number 1" it was the shittiest place i ever visited there. this campaign remains me that go go

I suppose that most can't figure out why Patters, and it's environs, had developed into such a shitty locale? 

Hmmm.....wonder why? 

2 hours ago, remo940 said:

I really trust them a lot especially after I paid 4200 bhat  for a PCR test when I arrived at the Phuket airport.

I paid only 2400, directly from psas. Also PCR for flight back to Europe at Central Floresta by Vachira cost 2400

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I already have insurance cover for my trip which covers everything, but because when it comes to Covid and other serious situations, the certificate says the amount of cover is "unlimited"

Never seen travel insurance that covers everything or is unlimited.  Couldn't find any with a google search either.   

Maybe in your home country you have unlimited insurance.

If you get Covid in Thailand, they are not going to "evacuate" you back to your home country and airlines will not let you fly either AFAIK

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Faraday said:

From The Jungle Book 1967

Kaa, the python, tries to hypnotise Mowgli & sings:

"Trust In Me"

trust-snake.gif.f60bc82b16ba340ae4ef6b03bcd378ec.gif

that kid looks like me after too much sangsom and encountering the ladyboys...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

that kid looks like me after too much sangsom and encountering the ladyboys...

Don't be disgusting, this is a family friendly forum!

*Warning Will Smith, humour & gentle sarcasm*

🤣 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Don't be disgusting, this is a family friendly forum!

*Warning Will Smith, humour & gentle sarcasm*

🤣 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You do realize that this catch all phrase family friendly is code for uptight suppressive naive Christian values, dontcha ya? 🤫🤨