News Forum - Day 2 of 7 Dangerous Days sees 44 deaths, 426 road injuries

Thaiger

On Day 2 of the Seven Dangerous Days road safety campaign, there have been a total of 85 deaths in 784 accidents. The first day saw 41 deaths and 360 injuries, and Thursday recorded 44 deaths and 426 injuries. While the numbers are higher than other periods throughout the year, accidents and injuries are down 21.5% over the same dates last year, and deaths are down 33.6%, according to the Thai Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation. 46 of Thailand’s 77 provinces have not had any road accident deaths so far in the 7 day period the government tracks due […]

The story Day 2 of 7 Dangerous Days sees 44 deaths, 426 road injuries as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Same same every year. They always talk about checkpoints and road safety before the deadly 7 days. While speed control (what) and visible police (where) are seldom to be seen.

Thais know this, and speeding being a sport (sign of true manhood🍆), and drunk driving as well, things will never change.

It's part of their never mind culture, or as we call it: TIT

• Like 1

More people in Thailand die from road deaths than from the corona virus.

The goverment should do a better job of enforcinģ traffic laws than worrying about masks, social distancing and vaccines

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

there have been a total of 85 deaths in 784 accidents.

I'm aghast how can this be  .. someone should come up with an amulet designed specifically for N Y .. but either way if you get mashed up left side only you should still be all right .. 

• Haha 1

Half those idiots should not even have a license they drive like morons when they sober so when they drink it get more bad neverlook or think ahead switching lane every second want to be first to get ahead of you for then drive as slowly as possible then i not even talk about the parking skills 

12 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Half those idiots should not even have a license they drive like morons when they sober so when they drink it get more bad neverlook or think ahead switching lane every second want to be first to get ahead of you for then drive as slowly as possible then i not even talk about the parking skills 

Don't forget, approx 80% or 70 of those deaths are most likely motorcycle riders and pax.  Many without licence, or helmets, running red lights, lane-splitting, drunk, using a phone and so on.  Mostly at night I bet.

without licence, or helmets, running red lights, lane-splitting, drunk, using a phone and so on

Oops, that's me!

Don't use a phone though.

• Haha 2

I found that following the road rules and speed limits, wearing a helmet and giving the idiots a wide berth works well.....I'm still here. I will never forget putting along on my motorscooter with my Thai girlfriend on the back. Then some young Thai blade, whizzed passed us on a high powered motorbike and cut in front of me ( I was doing 50 kph). I just kept to the speed limit. Having seen the stupidity of the young blade, my girlfriend rolled her eyes and whispered in my ear "Wow....amazing Thailand". Yep that says it all. My only word of advice...avoid idiots....they will die soon enough...just make sure they don't take you out with them!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

I'm aghast how can this be  .. someone should come up with an amulet designed specifically for N Y .. but either way if you get mashed up left side only you should still be all right .. 

But that means that all that is left is right, which - having a logical and not a political mindset - surely is impossible.

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Don't forget, approx 80% or 70 of those deaths are most likely motorcycle riders and pax. 

Though if you want more accurate account of the actual figures, not the ones put out by this government department …. Go to https://www.thairsc.com

Massive road toll discrepancy between what the road safety site is putting out in a live update verses the daily output from this government department.

3 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Wow! It's like road deaths are some kind of epidemic or something!

Only if you're counting obsessively and conscious of the said promotions.

19 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Though if you want more accurate account of the actual figures, not the ones put out by this government department …. Go to https://www.thairsc.com

Massive road toll discrepancy between what the road safety site is putting out in a live update verses the daily output from this government department.

An interesting set of stats on that site.  Thanks.  Motorcycle deaths shown as 84%.

Daily numbers are close, not matching.

43 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Daily numbers are close, not matching.

The 30th Dec was double the fatalities, of that’s days reporting. I think it was 41 verses 94. I can see how they get their annual decrease. Maybe a bit of Thai massage with the figures 😉

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

The 30th Dec was double the fatalities, of that’s days reporting. I think it was 41 verses 94. I can see how they get their annual decrease. Maybe a bit of Thai massage with the figures 😉

Confusing.  Do the Rescue figures include DOA at hospital compared to Govt (RTP?) at scene?  I think we all know the answer to that. 🙄

• Like 1

It’s no good fining the chicken heads , drunk driving , drug driving ,, needs immediate jail plus a min instant 1 year ban , nothing will change here on the worlds most dangerous roads caused by the nut jobs that are allowed to continue to drive on them

4 hours ago, Jason said:

avoid idiots....they will die soon enough...just make sure they don't take you out with them!!!

and more will follow them