News Forum - The perfect match – Andrea Bocelli and Phuket’s big public park. Huh?!

Thaiger

A world famous Italian tenor and veteran performer, Andrea Bocelli, is going to sing at a free, public, usually raucous New Year’s Eve event, at Saphan Hin in Phuket. Tonight. One of the best voices of our generation is going to sing in front of an audience who, mostly and sadly, would have never heard of him. His son, Matteo, is also meant to be performing. They are a class act! The whole sorry saga of the ‘Andrea Bocelli in Phuket for New Year’ saga started with an announcement by the TAT that, as part of of its efforts to […]

The story The perfect match – Andrea Bocelli and Phuket’s big public park. Huh?! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And where is the news, about many other places where you can not even go drink something with new year and there are no events because of the SELECTED places where they can do everything.. FU THAILAND 

• Like 1

TN article is spot on IMO.

Andrea Bocelli is a superstar and a favourite of mine but to be invited perform at THIS EVENT, beggars belief.  I hope all goes well but shame on TAT for misguided taxpayer expenditure.

• Like 8

Funfact I used to do catering and I worked for this guy in DC at a Xmas concert....he enjoys a nice bottle of wine in his dressing room pre show and his handler is a drop dead gorgeous woman..

Billy Joel can put down some wine pre show as well....Coldplay are all vegan and have a private chef and hire a masseuse to go and have a ping pong table as I swiped the ball after the show as a keep sake....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Do we have any eye witnesses among us who were there?? Are you sure it wasn't just a big TV screen with his picture being beamed from where he lives?? 

• Like 1

Its all a PR stunt a illusion to draw travel hungry(must be cause they come here and pay Covid Ins) Falangs to  think all of Thailand has got their act together 

With only  3000 attendees I wonder what the cost per person was? Most extravagant in a country where so many are experiencing economic hardship. 

• Like 5

Thankfully (and I say that with great respect to Andrea), he would hope for the best intentions from those sighted people who arrange these shows for him. He would place so much trust in those who organise such an event. 

17 hours ago, remo940 said:

With only  3000 attendees I wonder what the cost per person was?

You mean how much they payed each person to attend, as well as paying for there test etc ….

19 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

You mean how much they payed each person to attend, as well as paying for there test etc ….

I would laugh but it is not out of the question on that. I really wonder who was invited and went as this seems it had to be a privileged event only. Does anyone who reads this forum know anyone who actually went? My guess it was Hi-So and Junta related. What a complete joke as was only an hour performance on the clock and you can bet minus maybe an extra 10-15 mninutes for inbetweens. Oh and how cute, he played guitar with some little girl. The Thai must have been in awe, and if he did play guitar then why on earth did they not have Ad Carabao join in since he supports the Junta and who they protect. Nothing but a sham and huge waste of the Thai people's money that could have been used for Thai humanitarian needs. Thumbs down on this absudity. 

1 minute ago, Transam said:

Wish I was there....😚

If you talk waste of money, weeeeeeell, I think the money spent on fireworks out strips the concert.

Revenue from the concert, depends on who wants to see one of the greatest Tenors ever, a man whose name is known the world over. Yes, I wish I was there...... 😊

PS. On the new year's night world stage, I don't think a bird on stage cat-a-wailing in a Basque would quite cut it...😆

So we disagree which is fine. Be seiious as fireworks for that event did not cost anywhere near his fee unless someone trumped up the cost and lots of folk pocketed some. And until the real details come out then it was a real waste of Thai people's money. Do you really think they recouped or even got close to any of the money they shelled out to do this silly gig? Even paying for Lisa if she would have come would have been the same as a complete waste of the Thai people's money. And for my record, I would have liked to see both of them equally as I have a full appreciation for all types of music but I fully disagree with this stupidity at this time. CM was probably also a big waste of money at the NY Thapae gate celebration farce with fireworks thrown in. We decided to go take a peak last night at Thappae top see what  they did, and it was just boring. 5 minutes in and walked around and then went back home.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:34 PM, Paco said:

And where is the news, about many other places where you can not even go drink something with new year and there are no events because of the SELECTED places where they can do everything.. FU THAILAND 

Sorry for your loss. We had a small party at home and booze wasn't a problem. No need to go out to have a good time

20 hours ago, poohy said:

Hardly up to his  Sarah Brightman duet days is he (mind you it was a fair while back)

I can understand what Lloyd Webber saw in here, more than Bocelli!