News Forum - Tourists flock to Koh Phangan for New Year’s beach party

Thaiger

7 hours ago, King Cotton said:

And with the Full Moon not due until 17 Jan, this is going to be one, long party!

But they do new moon parties, for quiet some time and that one is on January 2

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Karim62 said:

Superb!! not the slightest mask and stuck tight !!!! a beautiful hecatomb in perspective!! this appointment should have been simply canceled! Incredible this laxity...

I 'assume' that the Thai Government, knowing about this, is STILL NOT planing to test anybody, leaving Koh Phangan. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

I 'assume' that the Thai Government, knowing about this, is STILL NOT planing to test anybody, leaving Koh Phangan. 

Why bother...

3 hours ago, Does said:

Here comes the New Year Omicron outbreak on Koh Phangan. 

And then infecting people who thried to keep it healthy, including on the flight back home.

• Haha 2

For sure after this party, there will be lock down again by Thailand. See, the Thais are desperate for tourist dollars but they are also condescending to the infectivities. The authorities claimed to clean up the beaches but the ecosystem has already been devastated. These same Westerners kept screaming about climate change, well, how about y'all just STFU and be personally responsible. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

No test to get on the island so none needed to get off again, I would think

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

OFF TOPIC BUT... I notice the article about Andrea Bocelli performing (OR NOT!!!) in Phuket last night has been removed! Well? DID HE SHOW UP OR NOT???? A huge, massive, gigantic embarrassment if he didn't!!! Can someone find out what 'really' happened there last night?  

Apparently, he did.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sees-in-new-year-with-bocelli-20-000-firework-spectacle-82575.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

OFF TOPIC BUT... I notice the article about Andrea Bocelli performing (OR NOT!!!) in Phuket last night has been removed! Well? DID HE SHOW UP OR NOT???? A huge, massive, gigantic embarrassment if he didn't!!! Can someone find out what 'really' happened there last night?  

There's a PN-article and a couple of YouTube videos, nothing spectacular.

FYI - to "unremove" the article, all you need is the WayBackMachine and the original link Thaiger link
For this one, 3 snapshots are available (taken in less than a day). Quite amazing...

Some videos posted on tiktok today, show that almost none wear a face mask at Koh Phangan party last night.

Patong phuket videos from last night, no foreigner wear a mask, while maybe 30% of thais wear a mask.

Same on the crowded ferries going there, no mask used.

January will be interesting ...

🏥

Edited by ThaiPhilExpat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Andrea Boccelli probably performed in his Hotel room to meet the draconian covid-requirements for his own gig.  And somehow the TAT was able to convince him that the terrace of his hotel-room was actually the podium of this massive event...

image.jpeg.772ed810f3f0da7ddb9ff8ddf3e89250.jpeg

1 hour ago, ThaiPhilExpat said:

Some videos posted on tiktok today, show that almost none wear a face mask at Koh Phangan party last night.

Excellent. The resistance is growing!

Patong phuket videos from last night, no foreigner wear a mask, while maybe 30% of thais wear a mask.

70% emboldened by foreigners display of non-compliance.

The reports just keep getting better!

No masks worn, indicating that the majority of these people are aware of the ineffectiveness of wearing a cloth/paper face covering in an attempt to slow the aerosol spread of this pathogen (the virus is 1000 times smaller than the weave/fiber of these masks).

Absolutely. Expect a ten-fold (at least) increase in the use of the (now discredited) PCR test, allowing enough false positives (up to 97% of positives are false positives) to justify further measures to be taken, ahem, "...out of an abundance of phobia caution"

If you are concerned about contracting "Covid-19"TM  , which carries with it only a 99.8% chance of recovery, I suggest you

1)self isolate

2) practice social distancing

3)avoid crowds

4) wear a mask

5) get vaccinated

and most especially,

6) keep your "vaccine passport" up to date by receiving your nth booster.

Simple.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ThaiPhilExpat said:

🏥

Mask wearing whilst fully vaxxed & at leisure is obviously contradictory & ludicrous.ALL those farang are Fully Vaxxed. If Thais at tourist events or not are not vaxxed that’s their look out…….

1 hour ago, AMc said:

Excellent. The resistance is growing!

70% emboldened by foreigners display of non-compliance.

The reports just keep getting better!

No masks worn, indicating that the majority of these people are aware of the ineffectiveness of wearing a cloth/paper face covering in an attempt to slow the aerosol spread of this pathogen (the virus is 1000 times smaller than the weave/fiber of these masks).

Absolutely. Expect a ten-fold (at least) increase in the use of the (now discredited) PCR test, allowing enough false positives (up to 97% of positives are false positives) to justify further measures to be taken, ahem, "...out of an abundance of phobia caution"

If you are concerned about contracting "Covid-19"TM  , which carries with it only a 99.8% chance of recovery, I suggest you

1)self isolate

2) practice social distancing

3)avoid crowds

4) wear a mask

5) get vaccinated

and most especially,

6) keep your "vaccine passport" up to date by receiving your nth booster.

Simple.

Testing now has zero / negative benefit with vax around for 12 months now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Mask wearing whilst fully vaxxed & at leisure is obviously contradictory & ludicrous.ALL those farang are Fully Vaxxed. If Thais at tourist events or not are not vaxxed that’s their look out…….

While I agree with you, it's still required by Section 51 of the Communicable Diseases Act, fine up to 20,000 baht, and Section 18 of the same act, mask violators are subject to jail sentences of up to 2 years plus up to 40,000 baht in fines.

22 hours ago, Stonker said:

For once we're in full agreement.

Selfish, stupid and farang - just what's needed when looking for someone responsible. 

You are a farang maybe look into in the mirror. As I seen in former comments you have really mental health issues. This is not about farang this is about the operators because they are responsible!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You are a farang maybe look into in the mirror. As I seen in former comments you have really mental health issues. This is not about farang this is about the operators because they are responsible!

So when it all goes pear shaped the "operators", whoever that means, will be held responsible?

Somehow, I don't think so 😂 !

35 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Egoistic and asocial.
Even if a sickness is harmless, you don't infect other people.

Akin to a posted forum opinion. 

4 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

I'm not sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!