News Forum - Tourists flock to Koh Phangan for New Year’s beach party

Thaiger

Expats and tourists are flocking to Koh Phangan for the legendary Full Moon Countdown New Year’s party on Haad Rin Beach, packing ferries and overwhelming some in the tourism industry after a quiet two years due to the pandemic. While many hostels and hotels remain shuttered, those that are open are reporting to be sold out and in some cases overbooked as travellers who waited until the last minute are paying premium prices of upwards of 10,000 baht for a room for the night. Raja Ferry, transporting people from Donsak pier on the mainland in Surat Thani, has been packed […]

The story Tourists flock to Koh Phangan for New Year’s beach party as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Expats and tourists are flocking to Koh Phangan for the legendary Full Moon Countdown New Year’s party on Haad Rin Beach

There'll be plenty of flocking about there then .. 

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

10,000 baht for a room for the night.

No mangers available .. 

Whadya call a flock of sheep falling down a hill .? 

A lambslide .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, AMc said:

Beautiful sight. Narry a mask among the lot.

BRAVO!

They are young and you are vaccinated so what's your problem? Let these people enjoy their youth, or stop asking people to get vaccinated if you believe the vaccine is ineffective.

• Like 4
  • Angry 2

Superb!! not the slightest mask and stuck tight !!!! a beautiful hecatomb in perspective!! this appointment should have been simply canceled! Incredible this laxity...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Karim62 said:

Superb!! not the slightest mask and stuck tight !!!! a beautiful hecatomb in perspective!! this appointment should have been simply canceled! Incredible this laxity...

- They are young, so very unlikely to contract any serious condition of this covid flu.

- Old people and vulnerable people had plenty of time to be vaccinated and protected by now.

So what's your problem ? you want these young people wear useless face masks for the rest of their life because you are on hysteria from a flu ?

• Like 7
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Tim said:

They are young and you are vaccinated so what's your problem? Let these people enjoy their youth, or stop asking people to get vaccinated if you believe the vaccine is ineffective.

I am for opening but this is a another extreme and could destroy the opening. Thats just stupid and is another level!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

55 minutes ago, Tim said:

- They are young, so very unlikely to contract any serious condition of this covid flu.

- Old people and vulnerable people had plenty of time to be vaccinated and protected by now.

So what's your problem ? you want these young people wear useless face masks for the rest of their life because you are on hysteria from a flu ?

Yes, they want exactly that! They call people posting similar comments than yours "selfish" but they are the most selfish of all.

They are at the age of high risk and in constant fear for their own a***, and they hate that these teenagers / young adults cause they are not.

They are all fully vaccinated, some with 3rd dose but they know they can still catch it and yes, even though protected but never 100%, die from it. Therefore they hate these kids, even though these kids are fully vaccinated, cause they are full of life and death is not in their mind because it is far away and covid is probably the last thing on earth that could kill these kids unlike them. A mixture of hate and fear...

They want these kids on the boat to be fully vaccinated, and very likely almost 100% of them are to have been able to come to Thailand and this party, although they know that not only these kids have pratically 0 risk of being badly sick, and that the vaccines will not prevent transmission. But that's not enough...

They definitely cannot bear that these kids do not wear that stupid mask...even on a stupid boat in the fresh air. They want them to be masked, no smile, no expression, no communication...dead alive like they most likely are themselves. I suspect some of them to even enjoy it...

Enough is enough. That pic of these young adults on their way to have fun is brilliant. They have had to make huge sacrifices over the last 2 years, with huge psychological, financial and suicidal disasters for so many of them all over the world. It is time to end this madness and let them live... it is time to all live now!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

And with the Full Moon not due until 17 Jan, this is going to be one, long party!

Yes, nothing more delightful than the company of drunken Farang. 

47 minutes ago, Manu said:

Yes, they want exactly that! They call people posting similar comments than yours "selfish" but they are the most selfish of all.

They are at the age of high risk and in constant fear for their own a***, and they hate that these teenagers / young adults cause they are not.

They are all fully vaccinated, some with 3rd dose but they know they can still catch it and yes, even though protected but never 100%, die from it. Therefore they hate these kids, even though these kids are fully vaccinated, cause they are full of life and death is not in their mind because it is far away and covid is probably the last thing on earth that could kill these kids unlike them. A mixture of hate and fear...

They want these kids on the boat to be fully vaccinated, and very likely almost 100% of them are to have been able to come to Thailand and this party, although they know that not only these kids have pratically 0 risk of being badly sick, and that the vaccines will not prevent transmission. But that's not enough...

They definitely cannot bear that these kids do not wear that stupid mask...even on a stupid boat in the fresh air. They want them to be masked, no smile, no expression, no communication...dead alive like they most likely are themselves. I suspect some of them to even enjoy it...

Enough is enough. That pic of these young adults on their way to have fun is brilliant. They have had to make huge sacrifices over the last 2 years, with huge psychological, financial and suicidal disasters for so many of them all over the world. It is time to end this madness and let them live... it is time to all live now!

Of course.....time to live. 

theylive2.jpg

pic-flu.png

theylive.jpg

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

I am for opening but this is a another extreme and could destroy the opening. Thats just stupid and is another level!

For once we're in full agreement.

Selfish, stupid and farang - just what's needed when looking for someone responsible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Tim said:

I am "vaccinated"? Since when? Not now, not ever (short of being held down and forcibly "vaccinated").

And they are younger than me? How old am I, Tim?

"...so what's your problem?" I have no problem, and was sincere in my commending them all for not wearing an ineffective cloth/paper face covering mandated under threat of law.

Please indicate where/when you have ever seen me "asking people to get vaccinated".

Waiting.............

Still not, and hopefully never will be, "jabbed".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AMc said:

I am "vaccinated"? Since when? Not now, not ever (short of being held down and forcibly "vaccinated").

"...so what's your problem?" I have no problem, and was sincere in my commending them all for not wearing an ineffective cloth/paper face covering mandated under threat of law.

Please indicate where/when you have ever seen me "asking people to get vaccinated".

Waiting.............

So the rest of the planet has to wear masks at all time to protect you, a bit selfish one might say, don't you think?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tim said:

So the rest of the planet has to wear masks at all time to protect you, a bit selfish one might say, don't you think?

You may think it is selfish, BUT it currently is the LAW in Thailand. ….. Just like wearing a motorcycle helmet 🪖 is when on your scooter!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tim said:

What are you talking about? Started drinking a little early, or lacking comprehension skills?

Here's what I wrote, and I'll type it real slow because I feel you can't read too fast.

"Beautiful sight. Narry a mask among the lot.

BRAVO!"

Then I responded to your reply by stating,

"( I )...was sincere in my commending them all for not wearing an ineffective cloth/paper face covering mandated under threat of law."

And BTW, still waiting for you to respond to my request of "...where/when you have ever seen me "asking people to get vaccinated". "

And still not getting jabbed

Edited by AMc

9 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

You may think it is selfish, BUT it currently is the LAW in Thailand. ….. Just like wearing a motorcycle helmet 🪖 is when on your scooter!

"The law is an ass"

Mark Twain

This is one of those places in Thailand, like Khao San Road, that died a death a VERY long time ago. Thailand has become a sort of Backpacker Disneyland.

Edited by Buttaxe
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Does said:

Here comes the New Year Omicron outbreak on Koh Phangan. 

You really couldn't wish for better scapegoats - and all those cheering will suffer the consequences along with Thailand, but they couldn't give a sh1t.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, kmc said:

Nothing dumber than a vaccinated person b*tching about others not wearing masks.  

their big claim is that the hospitals will be overloaded with symptomatic cases….. well then, just turn them away to stay home…..if vaccinated, as they ALL should be, they will not die……

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tim said:

Well.. that vaccinated people can catch the decease doesn’t mean that vaccine is ineffective. Vaccinated people can still catch it but are protected themselves. However they can still infect others.

In conclusion: you’re either a moron or you just like to spread misinformation. 

Kisses 😘 

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, AMc said:

Waiting.............

SUPERMAN you are real?  All the doctors say you're are only fantasy in comic books.

1 hour ago, Does said:

Here comes the New Year Omicron outbreak on Koh Phangan. 

this stuff is already everywhere, or soon will be, so what does it matter if it spreads or concentrates further ? it cant be stopped from spreading until everyone is vaxxed or naturally immunized so only then does it burn out. this party event a rare case of letting people get on with their lives, and boosting economy,without useless political gesture politics.

• Like 1