News Forum - Buckle-up for new year flight turbulence

Thaiger

New Year’s Eve mirrors Christmas Eve this year, and the days between, with world travel being disrupted – from cruises to flights, and everything in between. More than 8,000 flights have been cancelled since Christmas Eve in the US, alone. What was to have been the busiest period for travel for US citizens since the start of the pandemic, airline schedules have been slammed with both poor weather and rising Covid cases among pilots and cabin crews. JetBlue announced yesterday that they’re canceling more than 1,200 flights over the next 2 weeks to ensure they have enough crews available to […]

The story Buckle-up for new year flight turbulence as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Seems to me that those stupid enough to want to flt during a pandemic should be very grateful that their flights were cancelled, thus saving them from a potentially highly contagious environment. Where do they get the idea that a vaccination means that they can't get covid?  Better they listened to the WHO than politicians!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

8 hours ago, Poolie said:

Right Tim, that's the US covered. What's happening locally?

Lol, ya my thought exactly. The US this, the US that, the CDC....blah blah blah....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, anarchofarmer said:

Seems to me that those stupid enough to want to flt during a pandemic should be very grateful that their flights were cancelled, thus saving them from a potentially highly contagious environment. Where do they get the idea that a vaccination means that they can't get covid?  Better they listened to the WHO than politicians!

Accusing people of being stupid whilst being incapable of spelling the word "fly."🤣

• Haha 1

I think the US is a pandemic basket case. When you mix a pandemic with such a polarised country as the US is, with it's distrust of anything Government (take a look at the vaccination rate) and now Omicron, it's a recipe for disaster. Hopefully after we get a bit more knowledge about Omicron (and we seem to be getting better at that. Consider how quickly the genomic sequence was worked out and broadcast to all countries willing to listen). We may find countries ease off clamping down and live with it. Even the Spanish Flu fizzled out.

20 hours ago, Saunk said:

Accusing people of being stupid whilst being incapable of spelling the word "fly."🤣

Do so love the knee jerk reaction to a perceived assault upon US IQ - media trained: DEFLECT, DEFLECT,DEFLECT!

23 hours ago, abrahma99 said:

Lol, ya my thought exactly. The US this, the US that, the CDC....blah blah blah....

Indeed. Add the deluded influence + faux and dreamy ideals of exceptionalism and extraordinary - a toxic fairy tale.