PCR Test issues

I arrived in Bangkok from Germany on 25 December and entry was smooth (one night in quarantine near the airport). I looked at the papers they gave me at immigration and one said I needed to take a PCR test on day 5-7, but I was not given information where to take the test. I am now in Na Jomtien. The hotel gave me a rapid antigen test, but didn't tell me when I had to take the test or where I should communicate the result. I have sent three emails marked urgent to thpass@tp.consular.go.th asking for instructions, but have had no no reply. I am now stuck, not knowing what to do next. I wonder if other readers are in the same predicament? Any ideas what I can do? Tomorrow is the last day when I should get tested.

• Like 1

We’re at day seven, and today visited all three hospitals on the list in Bangkok with our pink slips.

All three hospitals refused to do the test. The first two told us to go to the third, and third simply told us they were not part of it.

We can't be alone in having trouble, but as of tomorrow morning we're in breach of the rules...

• Like 1

We are currently also facing the problem with the second pcr test. We entered on 27 December and did the first test in Bangkok without any problems. Meanwhile we are in Chiang Mai and should do our 2nd pcr test tomorrow. We have already been to two of the hospitals on the official list to inquire in time. Both places told us that they do not do the test. We will go to a third hospital tomorrow. If that doesn't work again, we will probably give up and just do an antigen test. I wonder if they will ever ask for the second test, I can't imagine that they will do it when we leave the country?

I tried to call the nearest hospital to Sattahip this morning from a list of numbers I found by chance on Internet, but they said they didn't do the test. Sounds a common story, but one that should be drawn to the attention of Test and Go applicants. This is spoiling my holiday as I am sure it has done for others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RogerS said:

I tried to call the nearest hospital to Sattahip this morning from a list of numbers I found by chance on Internet, but they said they didn't do the test. Sounds a common story, but one that should be drawn to the attention of Test and Go applicants. This is spoiling my holiday as I am sure it has done for others.

how much does it cost when you are in found in violation of the rules that are deliberately setup to make you fail? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I found this add for COVID tests.  Thaiakarin Hospital has a sign up for COIVD tests. 

https://thainakarin.co.th/en/promotion/test-and-go-2nd-rt-pcr-test-eng-tnh/

Do people need the second test to board the flight? 

Thanks for that. I need to take my second test soon but do not have a PINK SLIP that people are saying is required. Where was I supposed to get this?

Any updates on this? 

Did you guys find a place to take the test? 

We are facing these problems too.. In pattaya

I’d like to add my own experience to this clu$ter F@Ck of a process …

Arrived on a red-eye flight with copies of all required documents for Test & Go printed, sorted and in duplicate (somehow lost the infamous, ***essential*** pink-slip but got another on landing).

Not many people, so going from one counter to the next getting my documents and passport check was a breeze. Airport was very organised (maybe because there were less than 20 people going through at that time). In and Out of airport in 30 mins.

Had booked a nice AQ Hotel near airport, who handled my transport, 1st PCR Test, Morchana App install etc no probs. When I got my results and PCR Neg certificate next day, got a printout and list of Hospitals to do my 2nd PCR Test on Day 7. Got told to send a pic/scan of the results to the Hotel when done.

On Day 6 is when it fell apart. Like everyone else, went to hospital on list in BKK who said they didn’t do the PCR Test. Got told to go to another hospital WHICH WASN’T ON THE LIST!

Called Hotel, who thankfully found and arranged for me to go to another Hospital nearby, on the Govt list, who were doing 2nd PCR Test.

Took taxi and that 2nd hospital had setup a drive through testing area in the car park where we were all herded. Met another Thai speaking expat who said he’d been to 4 other hospitals (on the list) before finding this one for his 2nd PCR.

Seems there is an SHA list, and a seperate AQ list (which are different), and everyone has been handing out the wrong or outdated lists.

Did test, handed in my pink slip, and was told to wait for email for my results next day.

48 hours later no results ……..

Messaged hospital with query on their hospital messaging app. No reply 2 days.  

Called Test & Go Helpline, asking what to do if I don’t have my negative results, even I’ve done the test. They told me they don’t handle these issues.

Called hospital directly, who couldn’t find my test. Turns out they’d spelt my name wrong, had registered me as an “Austrian” rather than “Australian” and lost my email. Luckily my passport number was entered correctly (they’d photocopied my passport during testing).

Had certificate emailed within 30mins once all information was fixed up, and sent copy of results to the Hotel as they requested.

Today, Hospital messaged me via their messaging app and sent me a link to my results. Of course, when I put in my information into the link, my PCR test results can’t be found.

I’m assuming the PCR results haven’t been sent to the relevant Govt office. And I’m leaving it up to my Hotel to send my results to the relevant people.

I’ve done the all I could to follow the correct procedures, and I’m done with this farce. No one seems to know what’s going on (except my AQ Hotel, who were awesome and organised).

• Like 1

Addendum:

The first hospital I went to, on the government list, BUT DOES NOT do the 2nd PCR Test was Suksawat Hospital.

The second hospital I went to WHICH DOES do the 2nd PCR Test (but make sure they enter your data correctly though) was Bangpakok **9** Hospital.

Make sure it’s number 9, because they have a few different numbers, but it’s 9 that is on the list.

On 1/2/2022 at 10:15 AM, Peter415 said:

Thanks for that. I need to take my second test soon but do not have a PINK SLIP that people are saying is required. Where was I supposed to get this?

I got mine when I checked in at the ticketing counter for my flight. I lost it at some point during the flight, but when I landed they asked for it, and gave me another to fill while they checked my Teat and Go documents and Thai Pass QR.

It got stamped at the Thai immigration counter/passport check, with requirement to go get a PCR test on Day 5-7 stamped on.

7 hours ago, Nils said:

Any updates on this? 

Did you guys find a place to take the test? 

We are facing these problems too.. In pattaya

Here is Government list of hospitals in Chonburi (province where Pattaya is located) where you can ***suppposedly*** get tested.

Get your hotel or someone to call beforehand to check though.

4310B5D5-FB50-41CA-9C1C-44F4A7C40646.jpeg

On 12/31/2021 at 4:42 AM, RogerS said:

I arrived in Bangkok from Germany on 25 December and entry was smooth (one night in quarantine near the airport). I looked at the papers they gave me at immigration and one said I needed to take a PCR test on day 5-7, but I was not given information where to take the test. I am now in Na Jomtien. The hotel gave me a rapid antigen test, but didn't tell me when I had to take the test or where I should communicate the result. I have sent three emails marked urgent to thpass@tp.consular.go.th asking for instructions, but have had no no reply. I am now stuck, not knowing what to do next. I wonder if other readers are in the same predicament? Any ideas what I can do? Tomorrow is the last day when I should get tested.

Go to a hospital or police station and tell them exactely what you have written here. They must help you.

1 hour ago, PLoNiaLMoNi said:

I’d like to add my own experience to this clu$ter F@Ck of a process …

Arrived on a red-eye flight with copies of all required documents for Test & Go printed, sorted and in duplicate (somehow lost the infamous, ***essential*** pink-slip but got another on landing).

Not many people, so going from one counter to the next getting my documents and passport check was a breeze. Airport was very organised (maybe because there were less than 20 people going through at that time). In and Out of airport in 30 mins.

Had booked a nice AQ Hotel near airport, who handled my transport, 1st PCR Test, Morchana App install etc no probs. When I got my results and PCR Neg certificate next day, got a printout and list of Hospitals to do my 2nd PCR Test on Day 7. Got told to send a pic/scan of the results to the Hotel when done.

On Day 6 is when it fell apart. Like everyone else, went to hospital on list in BKK who said they didn’t do the PCR Test. Got told to go to another hospital WHICH WASN’T ON THE LIST!

Called Hotel, who thankfully found and arranged for me to go to another Hospital nearby, on the Govt list, who were doing 2nd PCR Test.

Took taxi and that 2nd hospital had setup a drive through testing area in the car park where we were all herded. Met another Thai speaking expat who said he’d been to 4 other hospitals (on the list) before finding this one for his 2nd PCR.

Seems there is an SHA list, and a seperate AQ list (which are different), and everyone has been handing out the wrong or outdated lists.

Did test, handed in my pink slip, and was told to wait for email for my results next day.

48 hours later no results ……..

Messaged hospital with query on their hospital messaging app. No reply 2 days.  

Called Test & Go Helpline, asking what to do if I don’t have my negative results, even I’ve done the test. They told me they don’t handle these issues.

Called hospital directly, who couldn’t find my test. Turns out they’d spelt my name wrong, had registered me as an “Austrian” rather than “Australian” and lost my email. Luckily my passport number was entered correctly (they’d photocopied my passport during testing).

Had certificate emailed within 30mins once all information was fixed up, and sent copy of results to the Hotel as they requested.

Today, Hospital messaged me via their messaging app and sent me a link to my results. Of course, when I put in my information into the link, my PCR test results can’t be found.

I’m assuming the PCR results haven’t been sent to the relevant Govt office. And I’m leaving it up to my Hotel to send my results to the relevant people.

I’ve done the all I could to follow the correct procedures, and I’m done with this farce. No one seems to know what’s going on (except my AQ Hotel, who were awesome and organised).

***ADDENDUM***

In the Morchana App (which is COMPULSORY to be installed on entering Thailand) I received a notification that I needed to submit my 2nd RT-PCR Test results via a link.

Clicked on the link, entered my Lab No., Release Date (I assumed was testing result date) and a scanned JPG copy of my negative certificate, clicked negative result.

All this information was found on the hospital PCR Test results certificate which was emailed to me after my 2nd PCR Test.

My Morchana App QR code changed color from “yellow” (medium risk) to “green” low risk.

*****PLEASE NOTE: You need to SUBMIT your 2nd RT-PCR Test results via the link in the Morchana App (no one told me this, I just saw the notification today on day 11 of arriving in Thailand!).*****

I’d assumed the hospital or hotel would have submitted the results on my behalf, as the hotel asked me to send them a copy of it. But that isn’t the case.

92BD6315-C3BC-433E-930C-95F5B100C120.jpeg

For Pattaya I recommend Jomtien Hospital. They accept tests between 9-11am.

Bang Lamung Hospital might be an option too as we were referred there too, but we haven't tried it, so I'm not sure. 

My boyfriend and I arrived in Bangkok on Dec 29th and we’re not told about the 2nd test. We were told by a friend that we needed to visit a designated hospital or facility. It is not possible to get a PCR test without an appointment however and we have been so desperate trying to figure out what to do. Now past the 7th day they say it is no longer free and that we will have to pay 2,400 Baht each to get a test. Does anyone know what to do or if we are allowed to fly domestically without the 2nd test? We are so lost on what to do next. 

Before or when you entered Thailand, you would have been given a pink Quarantine Form to fill in and sign (given at check-in or if you lost it, the Thai Health Check screening point would have given you one to sign on landing).

When you got your passport stamped in Thailand, the Passport Control Officer would have asked for and also stamped the pink paper Quarantine Form with the seal of the Thailand Department of Disease Control. The blue stamp/seal says you need to get tested on Days 5-7.

At your quarantine hotel, all this data is put into the Thai Govt COSTE system.

When you land, you also need to install a Covid contact tracing app called Morchana. The Morchana app will send you a notification to a web link where you upload and input in your 2nd PCR test results on day >7.

My quarantine Hotel also told me and gave me a letter (on checkout) which said where and when I needed to go and get a 2nd PCR test, and also to send them my results.

You need the pink piece of paper Quarantine Form that you signed to get free testing at an approved Government or University Hospital (there is a list, but your quarantine hotel will know the closest one).

YOU DON’T need an appointment at some of the hospitals, as they’ve set up “drive through”/immediate  testing facilities. Just turn up, hand in your pink paper and passport, and line up and wait to get tested. They’ll email you the result.

The hospital I went to, Bangkapok 9 Hospital had this. The on-site staff and nurses were amazing, and there is English assistance to help you when you turn up (I didn’t make an appointment beforehand either).

In any case, it’s a legal requirement on entry to Thailand to get your 2nd PCR test. Even if I had to pay (ie. if I lost my pink paper) I’d still get tested, because it’s not worth the hassle if you’re found out to have broken your Visa entry requirements/Thai Laws.

hell  i am disabled and came into bangkok airport on the 15th dec and with being in a wheelchair you bypass most of the queues and was out of the airport and into my mini bus to my quarintine hotel in Bangkok and was tested on arival around 9pm  I recived a phone call at 8.30am to tell me my test was negative . I then took a taxi up to Ayutthaya to stop with friends for 10 days before traveling down to Pattaya for 13 days and then i drove down to Hua Hin where i am now till the 17th when i am heading down to Phuket to meet a friend comeing into the sand box on the 25th. I found out i will need to get a PCR test to enter Phuket so i will get one done privatly before setting off. 

My problem was i was not given or told about a second PCR test on the 5-7th day , i thought it was just a rapid test that was meant to be given to me by the hotel , but they had just forgotten , to be on what i thought was the safe side i did my own rapid test using kits a had brought from England , it was negative so i photographed it as that date stamped it i have just done another test today and that was negative as well. 

The more i read about what was supposed to be done the more worried i am getting , will i get pulled by the checkpoint at Phuket when i try to enter the island , and just how much trouble i in at the moment ? I am 70 years old and not in the best of health due to a heart problem and spinal problems ...HELP !!!!

On 1/11/2022 at 11:05 PM, gilkouk said:

hell  i am disabled and came into bangkok airport on the 15th dec and with being in a wheelchair you bypass most of the queues and was out of the airport and into my mini bus to my quarintine hotel in Bangkok and was tested on arival around 9pm  I recived a phone call at 8.30am to tell me my test was negative . I then took a taxi up to Ayutthaya to stop with friends for 10 days before traveling down to Pattaya for 13 days and then i drove down to Hua Hin where i am now till the 17th when i am heading down to Phuket to meet a friend comeing into the sand box on the 25th. I found out i will need to get a PCR test to enter Phuket so i will get one done privatly before setting off. 

My problem was i was not given or told about a second PCR test on the 5-7th day , i thought it was just a rapid test that was meant to be given to me by the hotel , but they had just forgotten , to be on what i thought was the safe side i did my own rapid test using kits a had brought from England , it was negative so i photographed it as that date stamped it i have just done another test today and that was negative as well. 

The more i read about what was supposed to be done the more worried i am getting , will i get pulled by the checkpoint at Phuket when i try to enter the island , and just how much trouble i in at the moment ? I am 70 years old and not in the best of health due to a heart problem and spinal problems ...HELP !!!!

I’m sorry to hear about your situation, and the stress caused by the lack of communication.

I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve found Thailand and the procedures here to be very accommodating and understanding.

I would HIGHLY recommend you get an RT-PCR Test done at a certified hospital, even if you need to pay for the test. Phuket will pretty much only ban you from entry if you don’t have a negative test result and/or positive with Covid-19.

I would have also recommended installing the contact tracing app, which was required on entry to Thailand. Maybe install it, and scan your Thai Pass or details in, and see if it works? Then you can upload your negative PCR Test result of the ask to see your green Morchana QR code.

But honestly, I haven’t been asked anywhere for my Morchana code so far, so I don’t know if that will be required (although it IS an entry requirement to install it on entry to Thailand).

Honestly, if I was you, I wouldn’t worry too much. Main thing is GET YOUR RT-PCR test done, and get a copy of your negative certificate, to show in Phuket if required. You should be fine after that (see if you can still install Morchana also).

Please stay safe and stay healthy! And have a great trip in Thailand!

Got a pcr test done in Hua Hin before traveling down to Phuket as i was worried about not haveing the 5-7 day test done (no pink slip given out at airport or hotel ) realy stressed out as i got to the checkpoint just over the bridge on Phuket , joined the queue of vehicles waiting at the checkpoint , when it was my turn a military policeman approached my car , i offered him my covid test result and Thailand pass BUT he only wanted to see my passport , after a quick glance he waved me on ...PHEW , all that worry for nothing , i think if you dont have a test result they can if they feel like it send you for a rapid test nearby. mind you the test result paper i showed him was behind my Thailand pass and could of been any bit of paper. The queues were only around 15 mins to get through. Now its time to worry about imigration checks for going back to the UK.

• Like 1