News Forum - EU, US, UK, Argentina and Australia break Covid records

Thaiger

543,856 infections of Covid-19 have been reported in the US in the past 24 hours, fueled mostly by the fast-spreading Omicron variant. And in the words of one doctor, Dr. James Phillips, chief of disaster medicine at George Washington University Hospital, the situation “is crushing hospitals across the United States” as he described “packed emergency rooms”. Worldometers.info show the top 5 US states who have been hit hardest by the latest wave of Covid. In the past 24 hours… GRAPH: worldometers.info – Daily new infections over the past 24 hours Across the world, the fourth wave is apparent, currently surging […]

The story EU, US, UK, Argentina and Australia break Covid records as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

High infection rates...absolutely. omicron is already in Thailand and so infections will boom...there's no stopping it. But I think this is the beginning of the end for Covid. But those who aren't vaccinated, could succumb to Omicron or worse Delta. 

great excuse tor the coming three month state quarantaine when arriving in LOS plus a hefty 20 mio bhat insurance ( that never pay if u need it ...only charge u top dollars )....maybe a microchip implant if needed...

ok that was just a joke....

honestly the body consists of plenty of viruses that is humans natural enviroment on microlevel...

so don't get obsessed....

there is never a clean or a perfect situation in the worlds enviroment...people are born and later they die....everything in between drugs,alcohol,hookers...

grua - fear seems the objective of our times...the new recipe for rulers: fill them up with fear , rule and divide...enjoy the kickbacks from big pharma...an endless cashcow...

2 hours ago, Jason said:

High infection rates...absolutely. omicron is already in Thailand and so infections will boom...there's no stopping it. But I think this is the beginning of the end for Covid. But those who aren't vaccinated, could succumb to Omicron or worse Delta. 

Or, perhaps not. The recent numbers of two years might be a better indicator. 

But you how this is: something that repeated often and loud enough becomes real and true. 

"News Forum - EU, US, UK, Argentina and Australia break Covid records"

This heading should be:  "News Forum - EU, US, UK, Argentina and Australia are testing people en-masse and so are aware of what is going on, most of the other countries are burying their heads in the sand".

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JamesR said:

"News Forum - EU, US, UK, Argentina and Australia break Covid records"

This heading should be:  "News Forum - EU, US, UK, Argentina and Australia are testing people en-masse and so are aware of what is going on, most of the other countries are burying their heads in the sand".

Yes, of course. It's all about the highly unreliable testing done en masse. 

Non whimsical apology.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Yes, of course. It's all about the highly unreliable testing done en masse. 

Non whimsical apology.

Not checking as in testing is a great way of doing things. 

It means we can go about things blindly thinking everything is fine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

Why, when it's not true?

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Why, when it's not true?

Too many buy into what's presented to them by convention - as long as such reflects nicely and fits into their already predisposed cultural agendas.

well at least it will show to those who think the lockdown is useless to understand how efficient it is. Border reopen in north territory in Australia, since the beginning of the pandemic a maximum of 30 cases plus all imported. With a vaccination rate at more than 95% the territory was reopen to all . in last 24 hours 60 new cases we are close  to 300 cases ...... and it just the beginning. next week the rate might be exponentiel with the celebration of new year eve ....... happy new year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason said:

But I think this is the beginning of the end

What u  gonna  do if  we  get omicron with deltas death rate or  worse, its  not  impossible , probably  long overdue for the human race imo, I did my part....no  kids, electric  cars wont be saving the world anytime soon either after reading they generate 1.5  times the Co2  emmission in their manufacture and  'lifetime' use against ice vehicles......sure  cleaner air in the locale but thats  it

Edited by RampantRabbit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Too many buy into what's presented to them by convention - as long as such reflects nicely and fits into their already predisposed cultural agendas.

You're right - too many on all sides.

Not sheep but lemmings.

54 minutes ago, pascal said:

well at least it will show to those who think the lockdown is useless to understand how efficient it is. Border reopen in north territory in Australia, since the beginning of the pandemic a maximum of 30 cases plus all imported. With a vaccination rate at more than 95% the territory was reopen to all . in last 24 hours 60 new cases we are close  to 300 cases ...... and it just the beginning. next week the rate might be exponentiel with the celebration of new year eve ....... happy new year.

Exactly.  Austyralia had hardly any cases and any outbreak was quickly quelled. But they started to open the borders for Xmas and New Year travellers, and bingo - massive jump in numbers. Lockdowns, and therefore social isolation, works - fact.  But the good news (we all hope) is that the medical outcomes (ICU, Death) appear to be far lower than previously. Probably as a result of the vaccines in the general population, and the general less dangerous mutation that Omicron seems to be. 

One thing they are learning in Australia is that testing before travel and testing on arrival, does not work - people are testing positive 3-7 days after arriving.  Lockdowns and 7-10 day quarantines for new arrivals worked - fact.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 11:51 AM, astro said:

Not true.

Where do you get this nonsense from?

1. what is written or said, from a reliable source ( who made it reliable ? ),
is a belief, not knowledge, at all topics in the world. so maybe it is true.

because about 99.99 % of all people have never tested something compelete,
also e.g. 100 years ago. so basic of thinking, is believing ( not science ).

2. about diseases, nobody say, people get sick who live healthy,
not has to be perfect and i not say, 70, 80, etc. years old people get never sick.

be "sick", is not to be very sick or dying, maybe this is forgotten for 2 years.
and "sick" people are ok in few days if they rest, but then what work is left for
government, t.v. , pill procuders, etc. ?

Edited by think-and-ask

17 minutes ago, think-and-ask said:

1. what is written or said, from a reliable source ( who made it reliable ? ),
is a belief, not knowledge, at all topics in the world. so maybe it is true.

You have not provided any source, even though that's what I asked.

2. about diseases, nobody say, people get sick who live healthy,
not has to be perfect and i not say, 70, 80, etc. years old people get never sick.

Still no source.

If this is your personal belief, then it simply is a false belief. What you believe is not true.

12 hours ago, astro said:

You have not provided any source, even though that's what I asked.

Still no source.

If this is your personal belief, then it simply is a false belief. What you believe is not true.

you want, to keep saying, other people do believe but you not, and then others say the same to you ?

and say, no source provided but also not provide any.

but i agree, talk hours about, who of many medical scientist who disagree with government, can still be trusted is a waste of time, because it leads to nowhere.

Edited by think-and-ask

On 12/31/2021 at 11:28 PM, Rain said:

Too many buy into whats's presented to them by nutters as it nicely fits into their already predisposed nutty conspiracy theories. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 4:22 PM, JamesR said:

Not checking as in testing is a great way of doing things. 

It means we can go about things blindly thinking everything is fine. 

As is the case with not testing in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

As is the case with not testing in Thailand.

Yes and no.

I don't think Thailand has got the testing balance right as there's not enough free voluntary testing available, but neither do I think the UK has where so much of the testing is simply wasted.

I'm not sure where has the right balance, but it's certainly neither Thailand nor the UK.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:31 AM, AussieBob said:

Exactly.  Austyralia had hardly any cases and any outbreak was quickly quelled. But they started to open the borders for Xmas and New Year travellers, and bingo - massive jump in numbers. Lockdowns, and therefore social isolation, works - fact.  But the good news (we all hope) is that the medical outcomes (ICU, Death) appear to be far lower than previously. Probably as a result of the vaccines in the general population, and the general less dangerous mutation that Omicron seems to be. 

One thing they are learning in Australia is that testing before travel and testing on arrival, does not work - people are testing positive 3-7 days after arriving.  Lockdowns and 7-10 day quarantines for new arrivals worked - fact.   

Absolutely spot on, @AussieBob - and not just external borders but internal ones too, just as Thailand has done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Yes and no.

I don't think Thailand has got the testing balance right as there's not enough free voluntary testing available, but neither do I think the UK has where so much of the testing is simply wasted.

I'm not sure where has the right balance, but it's certainly neither Thailand nor the UK.

I would rather over do things of this nature than not do much at all.

The cost of tests might be high but the saving will be made in seeing a truer picture.

I was in software engineering for 30+ years and the cost of testing is higher than the development costs but it is always worth it by saving lots of costly fixes down the line, the detailed testing usually recouped its cost.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Yes and no.

Testing is quite pointless and a bladdy waste of time.

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I would rather over do things of this nature than not do much at all.

The cost of tests might be high but the saving will be made in seeing a truer picture.

I was in software engineering for 30+ years and the cost of testing is higher than the development costs but it is always worth it by saving lots of costly fixes down the line, the detailed testing usually recouped its cost.

You really need to read the reports by those who've looked at this and how the UK wasted $50 billion on a system that didn't give a "truer picture" but instead gave one that was simply badly wrong by testing the wrong people - IIRC, according to one report two-thirds of those hospitalised with Covid hadn't been tested, but I've got seriously bored of quoting the same reports every time you raise this.