News Forum - 7 Dangerous Days begins with 39 deaths, 362 accidents on Thai roads

Thaiger

The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported 85 deaths and 786 injuries from road accidents on December 29 and 30 – the first two of Thailand’s annual “Seven Dangerous Days”.

This conflicts with for just yesterday’s total of 94 deaths taken from the Thai RSC site. Lots of statistics there if you can read Thai.

it will be interesting to see what the department where the News media is taking it’s figures from will come up for tomorrow … todays current figure sitting at 67.

18 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Good morning everyone and Happy New Year!!!! Yep, more deaths than Covid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, you must realise that talking about RTAs doesn't conjure up fear, anxiety, stress and compliance!!!  

Heyyyyy.... enjoy tonight, forget the social control, tear off the mask and have fun... but don't drink & drive... that's way more deadly than any Covid virus!!!

Random that my original post prompting this response is removed, but the response is acceptable. 

"On the first day, 81.3% of the recorded 362 road accidents involves at least one motorbike."

That kinda says it all.

In BKK I notice an almost 100% compliance with the helmet regulation. However, I also notice the good ol' "I ride a bike so I can pass cars on either side, turn signals don't apply to me, and any 100-meter stretch of straight road is a test for my bike's speed limit".