News Forum - Superspreader Omicron cluster may lead to 30,000 daily Covid-19 infections

Thaiger

Thailand will likely see a surge in Covid-19 infections in the coming weeks as health authorities have classified the Omicron variant cluster in Kalasin as a superspreader event. The outbreak was identified on Christmas Eve in the Northeastern province and proliferated out to hundreds of infections sprawling throughout 11 provinces. The cluster was traced to a couple returning from Belgium and visiting markets, bars and concerts before testing positive for Covid-19 and the Omicron variant. One of the bars the couple attended was singled out as having poor ventilation and being packed without Covid-19 safety measures like social distancing and […]

The story Superspreader Omicron cluster may lead to 30,000 daily Covid-19 infections as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Ministry of Public Health hopes that with preventative measures like more vaccination and testing as well as people practising social distancing and mask-wearing constantly, those numbers could be cut in half and peak sooner, topping out in February at 14,000 daily infections and less than 60 deaths per day.

So best case scenario, with half the projected numbers, is "topping out in February at 14,000 daily infections and less than 60 deaths per day."

... and I'm being told it's "all over" and accused of "scare-mongering" 😕!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

So best case scenario, with half the projected numbers, is "topping out in February at 14,000 daily infections and less than 60 deaths per day."

... and I'm being told it's "all over" and accused of "scare-mongering" 😕!

The numbers are minute to the current growing numbers elsewhere in the world.....and have been for a good couple of years. 

21 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Superspreader Omicron Cluster ..

Sounds scary, just what the media want, eh?

The whole thing is a bit of a clusterf .....nope, better not.🤓

Their strategy and designs are quite deviant. 

34 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Superspreader Omicron Cluster ..

Sounds scary, just what the media want, eh?

The whole thing is a bit of a clusterf .....nope, better not.🤓

Perhaps you meant clusterflock for the sheep to follow?
Although to be honest, the phrase 'superspreader' does conjure up images of a well-barfined girl in Pattaya.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Perhaps you meant clusterflock for the sheep to follow?
Although to be honest, the phrase 'superspreader' does conjure up images of a well-barfined girl in Pattaya.

Rotfpmsl....

🤣

• Haha 1

Two positive in Kalasin created 248 positive that they know of, on those stats you only need 120 odd people with Omicron to get to 30,000.

Thailand already have 1,000 Omicron positives and after the holiday weekend maybe just do a TAT and pick a big number.

Another job well done by Pnut in stopping omicron coming to Thailand. (His words not mine)

• Cool 1

It appears that Omicron is so infectous that everyone is going to get it whatever the official daily reported infections in realality the actual number will be many times greater. To keep fatalities low get vaccinated if you can.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MikeW said:

The government new this would happen but they still let the new years celebrations go on same as Songkran 

Yes so bad idea - - it wil explode tonight,  I spoke with my freinds in Nong khai  the bars are all open nothing about wear mask or wash hands, ohh no ( itm ight scare costumers away) ! - ( how stupid argue, this is about their future their life- all thais I spoke to  will " party drink have fun" --  " dont woprry we are vaccianted" a poor silled people - living from day to next day with out any plan for their life..   and a goverment that let them ,  -  this can only end bad -  I think there wil not be any Thailand travel the next 6 month . .    and its peoples own fault..  so sad..  stupidity wins  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rain said:

The numbers are minute to the current growing numbers elsewhere in the world.....and have been for a good couple of years. 

Thailand's population is also "minute" compared to the rest of the world!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjwalker said:

just have to live with this common cold virus 

Even given your naivety its not a common cold. Exaggerated, yes, but not a common cold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I'm a superspreader and I have my own cluster going on right now. 

Happy New Year everybody. 

Nothing wrong with attaining a healthier cluster.

Spread baby spread.  The sooner everyone gets it, the sooner we move on with our lives.  And for the idiots who think covid virus can be eradicated, you should ask yourself: do they have a vaccine or treatment that eradicates the common cold virus?  (They don't morons.)