News Forum - Thursday Covid Update: 3,037 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

25 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 21,672 with 21,578 of those fatalities during the latest wave, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 3,037 new Covid-19 cases and 3,115 recoveries. There are now 33,399 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 81 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start […]

The story Thursday Covid Update: 3,037 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Everybody, plz note the following, and the critical last bullet point. To blame foreigners for Omicron is racist! Returning Thais are not tested, - this is stupid!
  • We (dirty farangs) took care not to expose ourselves B4 we came here, have 3 shots of Pfizer (not the ineffective Chines vaccines), and are still portrayed as evil doers.
  • We also believe foreigners that came here with -ve Covid tests may we'll have exposed themselves B4 traveling, and have added to the anti-farang sentiment. To those people, I can only say they must have a room temperature IQ and have ruined it for "farangs" and Thailand.
  • Returning Thais and eligible foreign expatriates, who previously travelled from Thailand to these approved countries/territories, are exempt from this requirement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturge56 said:
  • Everybody, plz note the following, and the critical last bullet point. To blame foreigners for Omicron is racist! Returning Thais are not tested, - this is stupid!
  • We (dirty farangs) took care not to expose ourselves B4 we came here, have 3 shots of Pfizer (not the ineffective Chines vaccines), and are still portrayed as evil doers.
  • We also believe foreigners that came here with -ve Covid tests may we'll have exposed themselves B4 traveling, and have added to the anti-farang sentiment. To those people, I can only say they must have a room temperature IQ and have ruined it for "farangs" and Thailand.
  • Returning Thais and eligible foreign expatriates, who previously travelled from Thailand to these approved countries/territories, are exempt from this requirement.

Otherwise, it's all good. 😉

46 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nothing, but nothing, screams entitled more than a white immigrant screaming 'racist' at every excuse.

And then having a pop at the Chinese.

Definitely entitled, as the father of 2 luuk kreung (a derogatory term if there ever was one), and stepfather of 2 Singaporeans. Poolie, are you a Woke being? Definitely, you are not well informed - the Chinese vaccines have been shown to be ineffective, prior to Delta and Omicron. All of the above are facts, and not white entitlement. Fill in the chip on your shoulder!

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

25 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today

And as at 10 pm …. Thai road toll, is 77 dead, with 3531 injuries. mmmmm is there a vaccination for this, maybe a booster shot required!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sturge56 said:

I think you make a very valid and thoughtful point in your post.

I am just about to leave for TH from Ireland. Overall, the infection rate here per capita, is 5X that of TH. However, the current rate of infection per capita, is about 20% higher than the horrendous figures coming from the UK and compared to TH, yesterday Ireland's figures were 70X that of TH. 

Speaking of my own circumstances, my wife and I have followed all the rules as best we can and have both been triple vaxxed. I've been as cautious as reasonably possible. Yesterday, Ireland reported infections equivalent to 3.3% of the entire population. If you know how to do the maths, you can work out that I only need to have 22 close contacts in Ireland in the next 24 hours to have a 50% chance of coming across an infected person at that rate. I have things to do tomorrow. On Saturday, starting with taxi to the airport, check-in, queueing at the snake barriers, boarding the plane etc, I think I am likely to come into close contact with more than this. 

Yesterday, I had my PCR test which was negative. However, when I booked the test online, I was told, "Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment". When I got there there were about 100 people in the queue, so clearly we could not all have booked the same time-slot. Added to this, was the problem that the area for queueing was that the area for queuing was a narrow strip of pavement about 30 metres long, after which people were having to queue in the road with their backs to oncoming traffic. Hence no social distancing. I just have to hope that the people who were close enough to me, have been as cautious as I have been recently.

But reading your post, and considering the stats from Ireland, I think there is a reasonable chance that I will pass my entry PCR and possibly fail the second test 5 days later. During the meantime, I might be added to the list of villainous farangs that have brought contagion to TH, while as you quite rightly point out, Thais are exempted from most of the measures I have to take to gain entry.

44 minutes ago, sturge56 said:

Definitely entitled, as the father of 2 luuk kreung (a derogatory term if there ever was one), and stepfather of 2 Singaporeans. Poolie, are you a Woke being? Definitely, you are not well informed - the Chinese vaccines have been shown to be ineffective, prior to Delta and Omicron. All of the above are facts, and not white entitlement. Fill in the chip on your shoulder!

That is very much @Poolie's way. You might be best served by ignoring what appears to be attempted trolling by him. 

I  have no idea what a 'woke being' is.

Perhaps you'd better tell the approx. 2bn people vaccinated with Sinopharm and Sinovac that their injections were all 'ineffective?' Oh, and dont forget to drop a note to the WHO. 

• Cool 1

37 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I  have no idea what a 'woke being' is.

Perhaps you'd better tell the approx. 2bn people vaccinated with Sinopharm and Sinovac that their injections were all 'ineffective?' Oh, and dont forget to drop a note to the WHO. 

I think as far as China and WHO are concerned, the latter have been emasculated by the former.

As for the efficacy of Sinovax, that has been well documented It produces about 55% of the full antibody requirement, and this declines by 50% every 40 days. Thus after 4 months, the 55% initially is less than 4%. 

You may be aware, that TH originally used Sino for vaxxing, and if anybody wanted anything else, they were largely required to buy it themselves. When infections peaked at over 20K cases in a day, TH changed the policy to second jabs being a Western vax, and if anyone had already had two jabs, they would receive a third jab of western vax. 

Though the TH gov may not have told Beijing that there vax was slightly more effective than a chocolate fireguard at preventing fires, I think the evidence of the TH gov's later change of direction shows how worthy they considered it to be. Of course, like most Asian countries, they would never speak out publicly against China.

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

anyone looking at the numbers knows that there all ineffective.  their own "trial" results say as much

Edited by MrNovax

7 hours ago, MrNovax said:

anyone looking at the numbers knows that there all ineffective.  their own "trial" results say as much

I'm just look at the results. China 152 cases yesterday. Indonesia 194. Sounds effective to me.

On 12/30/2021 at 11:32 PM, Poolie said:

I'm just look at the results. China 152 cases yesterday. Indonesia 194. Sounds effective to me.

If they run PCR tests for it, you will find it,  if you dont, you wont.  seems most of the people i know these days who have "tested positive" are the same ones that bowed down to big pharma