News Forum - Officials blame Kalasin bar for Omicron spread, poor disease prevention measures

Thaiger

The Department of Disease Control says the Kalasin couple who inadvertently sparked a cluster of Omicron infections visited 3 restaurant/bars unaware they were infected. Of those, “Bar K” has come in for some harsh criticism from DDC boss, Dr Opas Karnkawinpong. The Bangkok Post reports that the cluster has now spread to 248 patients across 12 provinces in the north and north-east of the country. The outbreak began when a Kalasin couple returned from Belgium on December 10, testing negative on arrival. They visited Bar K on December 12, inadvertently bringing the Omicron variant with them. Opas says the couple […]

The story Officials blame Kalasin bar for Omicron spread, poor disease prevention measures as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The Department of Disease Control says the Kalasin couple who inadvertently sparked a cluster of Omicron infections visited 3 restaurant/bars unaware they were infected.

I thought it's the filthy farang tourists who spread the virus? 😛

56 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

In the meantime, bar tender... I'll have another bottle of Leo Please! CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Order 2 and drink one on my behalf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitesnake said:

yeah, or receiving kick backs in the usual corrupt way...THE THAI WAY!!! And, lets not forget it was the officials, politicians and wealthy who started this 3rd wave off way back in April of this year! All out partying and doing the same thing they're telling the masses NOT to do! 

Just get out there, have fun, and ignore all this social control.... "they" do!!!   

About time for a general rebellion....

Perhaps, leading to better things.

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Officials blame Kalasin bar for Omicron spread, poor disease prevention measures

Well now we can use this type of reporting to highlight the New Years Thai Road Toll ….. and will officials blame RTP and the Government for not preventing the number of deaths on Thai Roads …. I am sure that people can come up with a great click bait caption here. More people will die on Thai roads over new year than from Omicron that can be guaranteed …… ! 39 yesterday, 51 so far today 

‘Let’s now wait on some Govt department to pass the buck.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

I think there will be a defiance of advice as the populations begin to see their lives being eroded away in front of them. The inoculations are not the prevention they were hailed to be... with even Pfizer being dissed as ineffective after only several months! If the pro-vaxers.......

(usually aging Farang with glasses, not much hair, overweight, wearing white, calf length Diadora socks and beige Cotton Traders shorts!!!).....  want 4th, 5th and so on booster shots go ahead and be my guest... but not in my frickin' bloodstream!!!

(Ps. we shouldn't forget the "I love Phuket!" faded T-shirt or the Brasher sandals ... in dog poo brown colour, of course!)  

More intelligent folk resist the temptation of going Farang. 

23 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

You just reminded me! I omitted to mention Farang "Beach wear"; white vest top with "I love my Thai wife" transferred across it, cloth cap with "No 46" stitched in to it (as they climb aboard their Honda Click, not realising that Valentino Rossi rides for Yamaha Moto GP!!) and the obligatory silver neckchain! 

Man, i miss Thailand a lot, i even miss watching those guys walk past!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huckster said:

Man, i miss Thailand a lot, i even miss watching those guys walk past!

Stopped keeping this kind of company, and their respective locales, decades ago. 

If the couple from Belgium tested negative 72 hours before the flight, then again negative after arrival  in Thailand, then they most probably got the virus in Thailand after arrival, or maybe on the aeroplane.

3 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

I was told I was stereotyping... but, hey am I right or what? Just go to what remains of Pattaya and they're still there sat outside Irish bars! Like a relic of the dinosaurs from the Cretaceous Period!!!

Avoid at all cost - 

farang.jpg

1 minute ago, whitesnake said:

See Pontiac!! I was right! Here's the proof... if the cap fits!! Check out the coffin dodger with the white "kiss me quick!" hat. This is priceless! It deserves a whole Thaiger column written about this breed of mankind! In fact, some Chinese entrepeneur should open something like "Sealife", displaying exactly what you see here! 

And certainly on display everyday.

4 hours ago, Transam said:

Oh well, seems like we are all stereotyped by this guy.....😏

You guys are constantly referring  to people that do not share your views with by stereotyping them. You guys called me a conspiratyy theorist (with mention of 5G or qanom, although I have no idea whatsoever what it is about) or an anti-vaccines (although I am fully vaccinated…well not anymore in my own country cause I definitely will  not go at my healthy 50 old year for more than I feel is needed (??) yet!! I left that country 28 years ago do f*** it). The hate coming out of you… you can choose to live your life until the end like that, up to you, some will simply not. Maybe I am or you are a stereotype but everyone is entitled to use this way of making a point to make a point. Right?

5 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Awesome!! Cheers guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR! We need more of the rock god LEMMY's philosophy:

"We're Motorhead and we play f#####g rock n' roll!!!!"

Yeah but the human logical way of thinking “live and die” has been replaced by the thought of “do not have a life unless healthy and Covid free and die “. Hard to be rock’n roll those days he he … even for me… ha… joking, I am good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whitesnake said:

I was told I was stereotyping... but, hey am I right or what? Just go to what remains of Pattaya and they're still there sat outside Irish bars! Like a relic of the dinosaurs from the Cretaceous Period!!!

I would emphatically say no! You  make the  mistake of  making reference to your apparent  minimalistic  experience of  the locales "farang" live in . Behind the "scenes" there are different scenarios that  may be  worse or better than your generalization that has been formed even in ignorance of that.

For sure  your examples do exist. But do resist the temptation to declare they represent the majority .

In fact, define your representation of  "farang in Thailand"  as a comparative  and see how you fare ! lmao

• Like 1

9 hours ago, whitesnake said:

It's like poking a hornet's nest on here!!!

Nah. Not that fun....😉

Though, I do [falsely] enjoy the wannabe intellectualism based on Eurocentric convention. 

Good for a muse.

39 minutes ago, Faraday said:
10 hours ago, whitesnake said:

It's like poking a hornet's nest on here!!!

Never tried it, does it hurt?

I don't think it's meant in the biblical sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Transam said:

I would suggest that most of the members of this forum are of the older generation, so why do you have the need to take the p_ss out of them.....?

It would seem that you are a younger guy, that thinks he will never get old and retire in LOS, yet you are already here...........Amazing, or, I am sorry if you are not well........😪

Boomers rule.

15 minutes ago, Transam said:

Wow, so you look like those you take the p_ss out of.............😂

Nah, he's probably wearing biker boots & leather jacket to the beach. 😂

• Haha 1