News Forum - DHS offers car travel tips for Covid-19 safety for New Year’s

Thaiger

A list of car travel tips has just been released by the Department of Health Services to encourage people to be conscientious of Covid-19 safety during the New Year’s holiday.  The department put out the list as highly-transmissible Omicron variant infections spread across Thailand in an effort to get people to exercise caution against the virus, though some of the more extreme instructions may drive people away from adhering to the list. The DHS warned that public transport or even private car travel carries a higher risk of Covid-19 transmission since people are close together in a poorly ventilated and […]

The story DHS offers car travel tips for Covid-19 safety for New Year’s as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Now the drug war escalates with automatic weapons, perpetrators escape, so lesson for future drug runner - use high power weapons, lesson for Police get serious when stopping these vehicles, guns drawn ready to fire, stop thinking your uniform is bullet proof.

• Prefer driving on windy days for best air circulation.
    Open windows and speed up when confronted with wind lull.
  • Protect elderly by placing them in the back of the pickup truck (on top for sedans).
  • Steer one-handedly to minimize surface contact area.
  • Apply new normal breathing: slowly inhale for 30s, wait 60s, exhale for 30s, wait 60s, repeat.
    Try to synchronize with fellow passengers.

• Haha 3

OK stopped laughing now. The only people to use my car is me, the wife and kids. We wear masks, but now we can't talk? Is that the same at home? 

4 people in a car how in heck do you social distance? Tape one on the bonnet, one on the roof and one in the boot? 

I understand that we need to be cautious but some things seem a bit over the top. 

Open the windows once an hour? That have to be done at home too? 

I have had 3 vaccinations, my wife 4, its said my kids can now be vaccinated with pfizer but nothing since the announcement. 

We are the only ones that use the car, we don't visit people in homes nor have anyone around. We go out only to get food and to get my wife, a front line worker, to work. We can't do much more 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A list of car travel tips has just been released by the Department of Health Services to encourage people to be conscientious of Covid-19 safety during the New Year’s holiday.  The department put out the list as highly-transmissible Omicron variant infections spread across Thailand in an effort to get people to exercise caution against the virus, though some of the more extreme instructions may drive people away from adhering to the list. The DHS warned that public transport or even private car travel carries a higher risk of Covid-19 transmission since people are close together in a poorly ventilated and […]

The story DHS offers car travel tips for Covid-19 safety for New Year’s as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

i have no idea what to do now, i will be riding my bike. not sure how i can social distance with my pillion passenger🥱

8 minutes ago, Thommo said:

i have no idea what to do now, i will be riding my bike. not sure how i can social distance with my pillion passenger🥱

An extended tandem?

32 minutes ago, PompeyLlama said:

I understand that we need to be cautious but some things seem a bit over the top. 

We are the only ones that use the car, we don't visit people in homes nor have anyone around. We go out only to get food and to get my wife, a front line worker, to work. We can't do much more 

Yes you can, the last and ultimate thing you can do is to shut up and obey. This is for your own good, do no forget. Get your countless doses of vaccines, but because it does not protect you to catch it and transmit it, then you will have to continue to do nothing, do not visit anyone, do not go out, wear your mask at all time, work (if you are lucky to have one, if not, then die from hunger then) and shut up. For weeks the daily death rate in Thailand is very low, not sure if it will ever go better, vaccinated or not, so this "new normal" world is here to stay, we will live like that for years to come, eventually everyone will forget how it all started, by then you will have no right to say or critic this (well it is getting there already) and most of us will have no more power of doing that or questioning anything anyway. So get used to it, do not critic any government decisions cause it is for your good health, simply shut up, obey and embrace this wonderful "new normal" world. And when we finally die of something else, at least our famillies will be able to say that it was not covid...it was all worth it!! By then our masked and obedient kids for years will be well trained, completely neurotic and suicidal, but safe from covid 19...

Edited by Manu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chatogaster said:
  • Prefer driving on windy days for best air circulation.
    Open windows and speed up when confronted with wind lull.
  • Protect elderly by placing them in the back of the pickup truck (on top for sedans).
  • Steer one-handedly to minimize surface contact area.
  • Apply new normal breathing: slowly inhale for 30s, wait 60s, exhale for 30s, wait 60s, repeat.
    Try to synchronize with fellow passengers.

Load up the Family Truckster and let's go!

That's granny wrapped in black to keep her warm.

national-lampoons-vacation-wagon-queen-family-truckster-6-700x467-c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

In a strange kind of way, I'm hoping for a return to 20,000+ cases per day here in Thailand... so I can LAUGH MY HEAD off at all those who thought the inoculations (they're NOT VACCINES!!!!!) were the golden egg to health and well being! Cough cough!! Errrr?? maybe it was all fibs!!!

Well in that strange kind of way, I am laughing (not real laughing really...more like laughing in despair) at my own country, the former "human-rights-country" turned chinese: France. Over 90% of adults (18 and over...the kids vaccination is coming soon) are fully vaccinated, many with 3 doses. Since July, they have a Pass there, you cannot do anything, not even drink a coffee on a terrace, without it. Was including in that pass vaccines, pcr tests or already infected and recovered from covid. In January, they will switch to a Vaccination Passport: only fully vaccinated, including 3rd doses for the +65, for whom the 3rd dose is compulsory now, will be allowed to have that pass. On the 24th, they had over 100 000 "cases" (mostly omicron now) and 167 deaths (that's about 5 times the daily average in Thailand). Hospitals are not more nor less full than it has been for 20 years now not because the reduction of beds and staff created by bureaucratic cuts and decisions (and guess what, athough this indespicable current governement said back in April 2020 they will create new beds, including intensive care beds, well more than 8000 more beds have disapeared since then). The mass vaccination is still and more than ever the only agenda and strategy although the numbers are speaking for themselves now, even for ramdom people like us. Even some of the most pro-vaxx people are starting to smell the coffee and speak out, even on mainstream media (but not very much still). But of course, this is just the fault and the only fault of the non-vaccinated. Sure it is...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Yes you can, the last and ultimate thing you can do is to shut up and obey. This is for your own good, do no forget. Get your countless doses of vaccines, but because it does not protect you to catch it and transmit it, then you will have to continue to do nothing, do not visit anyone, do not go out, wear your mask at all time, work (if you are lucky to have one, if not, then die from hunger then) and shut up. For weeks the daily death rate in Thailand is very low, not sure if it will ever go better, vaccinated or not, so this "new normal" world is here to stay, we will live like that for years to come, eventually everyone will forget how it all started, by then you will have no right to say or critic this (well it is getting there already) and most of us will have no more power of doing that or questioning anything anyway. So get used to it, do not critic any government decisions cause it is for your good health, simply shut up, obey and embrace this wonderful "new normal" world. And when we finally die of something else, at least our famillies will be able to say that it was not covid...it was all worth it!! By then our masked and obedient kids for years will be well trained, completely neurotic and suicidal, but safe from covid 19...

Idiot

8 hours ago, whitesnake said:

YOU FORGOT TO ADD:

* Exercise eye movement by reading and sending text messages as you drive!

* For extra safety, clog up the middle lane, tootling along at 50KPH!

* Adopt a technique of foot to the floor acceleration... thus, increasing rapid turbo wear and punching out clouds of toxic, black diesel fumes with absolutely no CONSIDERATION of the environment or, other road users!!

* Pay particular attention to using your directional indicators; don't forget to indicate left and then turn right instead, at the last second! 

* Wear special "tunnel-vision" sunglasses that show you there is no one else on the road other than YOU!!! These are really useful for over-taking (or under-taking!!) maneuvers!

* Before making any journey, ensure your rust bucket of a pick-up is missing its tail lights, head lights all UV 'yellowed', any sharp, rusted edges are protruding and rear exhaust muffler is either hanging down or missing completely!    

I disagree with clogging up the middle lane. Lanes should be very frequently switched to get lateral air flow.

11 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Yes, in order for the bacteria to also move swiftly? I see.  

What bacteria? Either you're (again) attempting to divert to a completely different topic or you are just exposing our diversion on other levels.

Edited by Chatogaster
typo

19 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Sadly, another old farang who has had a 'sense of humour' bypass operation in his senior years. 

Comes with the territory. 

Farang. Nothing special.

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Sadly, another old farang who has had a 'sense of humour' bypass operation in his senior years. 

What else could I add to that? Nothing, that’s what.

On 12/30/2021 at 5:15 AM, whitesnake said:

In a strange kind of way, I'm hoping for a return to 20,000+ cases per day here in Thailand... so I can LAUGH MY HEAD off at all those who thought the inoculations (they're NOT VACCINES!!!!!) were the golden egg to health and well being! Cough cough!! Errrr?? maybe it was all fibs!!!

"Not vaccines" - Really?? - 

How to use vaccinate, inoculate, and immunize - Of the three words, vaccinate is the most narrow because it specifically means to give a vaccine to someone. Inoculate is more general and can mean to implant a virus, as is done in vaccines, or even to implant a toxic or harmful microorganism into something as part of scientific research. Immunize is the most general of the three words and can mean to grant immunity to a wide variety of things, not just diseases.

2 hours ago, whitesnake said:

I stand by my original statement... these are NOT vaccines... they're inoculations! 

would you care to explain why you think that?