News Forum - Bangkok revises closure order, bars and nightclubs to stay closed until January 15

Thaiger

Bangkok officials revised its provincial closure order and extended the date the order is in effect to January 15, requiring bars and entertainment venues to remain shut for at least the next two weeks, which is in line with government’s nationwide closure order. Approved New Year countdown events still can continue under the “Covid-19 Free Setting” measures, which require proof of vaccination or an ATK test result at the door for large events. Some bars in Bangkok, like on Khao San Road, have opened under the same measures. Officials from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will meet next month […]

The story Bangkok revises closure order, bars and nightclubs to stay closed until January 15 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

hAhhaaa of course when i will show up in Bkk the 2nd January ;)

Well well they got some 7/11 shops i can buy some beers ,wonder if it's still ok to have a walker on the street 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Noticed how these business/bars closures and alcohol restrictions apply especially to the broader BKK-Patters-Other Farang Ghetto areas? 

Why is this?

Most of upcountry regions haven't had the pleasure of these repressions for some time now - off and on. Dependent on locale. 

Suckers.

5 hours ago, Rain said:

Noticed how these business/bars closures and alcohol restrictions apply especially to the broader BKK-Patters-Other Farang Ghetto areas? 

Why is this?

Most of upcountry regions haven't had the pleasure of these repressions for some time now - off and on. Dependent on locale. 

Suckers.

I don't think that is the case at all

Sure there will always be places open but they have even very strict at the Universities.

Well the ones we are involved in.

Thamassat in Rangsit

And Chulalongkorn in BKK

I'd say way more strict than any farang ghetto area, actually 

Seems to me the virus will do quite well with the domestic travelers and places already open that can eat and drink, so sort of looks like they are selectively restricting which is not really fair. Either open it all up with their idiotic distancing rules or close it all down because it is just going to spread anyway. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

hAhhaaa of course when i will show up in Bkk the 2nd January ;)

Well well they got some 7/11 shops i can buy some beers ,wonder if it's still ok to have a walker on the street 

Don't worry. Sukhumvit 7 is fully open. Nana is open except for the gogo bars. Soi Cowboy and Sukhumvit 11, 13 and 22 have some bars ipen as well.

Bangkok bars have been open since October/November. I would call this article fake news despite it being the official doctrine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THETRUTH said:

Don't worry. Sukhumvit 7 is fully open. Nana is open except for the gogo bars. Soi Cowboy and Sukhumvit 11, 13 and 22 have some bars ipen as well.

Bangkok bars have been open since October/November. I would call this article fake news despite it being the official doctrine.

Great to hear :)

Thanks for letting me know

2 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Good if you want a dose of covid with your pint.

Gotta keep the distance from others !

,i mean i just want sit down somewhere and have a pint and relax and do some people watching on the street 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yep, thats a good description of a yawn ok.

It’s only a problem when these fools get it 

they could care less about hospital staff etc

you will never find a more selfish race then western people of all race and creed .

I see one lady broke back when balcony fell no insurance ... I wish the Thai would go harder on these western headaches 

11 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Gotta keep the distance from others !

,i mean i just want sit down somewhere and have a pint and relax and do some people watching on the street 

Can’t live without the booze mate 

next you we be living on that same spot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2