News Forum - Vientiane orders to New Year gatherings amdist fears of Omicron

Thaiger

Fears of Omicron have prompted officials in the capital of Laos, Vientiane, to prohibit residents from hosting large parties and gatherings during the New Year holiday.  The country’s Covid-19 Prevention and Control Office set measures restricting alcoholic beverages at restaurants and entertainment venues. Local authorities are asked to check, monitor, and disband meetings, with violators being detained.  Laos reported 962 new Covid-19 cases and 14 deaths yesterday according to its Ministry of Health. A total number of 107,740 cases have been recorded in the country, with 342 deaths, with Vientiane having the largest number of infections with 500 locally transmitted cases […]

The story Vientiane orders to New Year gatherings amdist fears of Omicron as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Thaiger epic fail on spelling....amidst....NOT....amdist!!! If you're going to use the word, please spell it correctly!

It is a ghost rider writer as there is no name attached. I think maybe the writers are doing it for job experience for their resume.

On another note I think they are being more sesible than here. Unless here has a apln to have everyone get infected so the virus becomes irrelevant and not dangerous.

Is this a competition ?

*Spot the missing word in the title * game .

I think that the missing word is *closed* , but I am not too sure of the location of where it should be 

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Thaiger epic fail on spelling....amidst....NOT....amdist!!! If you're going to use the word, please spell it correctly!

An anagram of which is 'admits'.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is a ghost rider writer as there is no name attached. I think maybe the writers are doing it for job experience for their resume.

On another note I think they are being more sesible than here. Unless here has a apln to have everyone get infected so the virus becomes irrelevant and not dangerous.

Journalism practices and newsworthy content are seemingly lost in the spin.

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

Journalism practices and newsworthy content are seemingly lost in the spin.

Yeah, but I am dizzy from last nights drinking until the wee morning hours. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Andrew Reeve said:

All reported to Thaiger news to be corrected and thank you everyone for flagging.👍

More topics today are posted twice within few hours of each other. New year party in your office today, (it seems).

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Don't say that too loud otherwise the prohibition maniacs and anti alcohol crew will come.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Was Boris Johnson there?

Most of us like to think its not much of a party if I'm not there but with Johnson its different.

He is of the opinion its not a party if I am there 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Don't say that too loud otherwise the prohibition maniacs and anti alcohol crew will come.

This morning if I said it too loud it would have split my head open. But I did it to myself. Now just to get through New Years. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Fears of Omicron have prompted officials in the capital of Laos, Vientiane, to prohibit residents from hosting large parties and gatherings during the New Year holiday.  The country’s Covid-19 Prevention and Control Office set measures restricting alcoholic beverages at restaurants and entertainment venues. Local authorities are asked to check, monitor, and disband meetings, with violators being detained.  Laos reported 962 new Covid-19 cases and 14 deaths yesterday according to its Ministry of Health. A total number of 107,740 cases have been recorded in the country, with 342 deaths, with Vientiane having the largest number of infections with 500 locally transmitted cases […]

Vientiane, beautiful place, hope it comes back to life again