News Forum - Tourist Police launch “New Year New Normal 2022” campaign

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand has a never-ending cavalcade of exciting new promotion plans to attract top travellers to the country. Now the Tourist Police Bureau is getting in on the act, launching “New Year New Normal 2022” focused on highlighting travel safety in Thailand. The plan will include more personnel on duty to assist any travellers in need, as well as more security checkpoints all across the country as part of the new safety initiative. The campaign will run in parallel to the new mobile app that was recently launched called “Tourist Police i lert you” which allows travellers […]

The story Tourist Police launch “New Year New Normal 2022” campaign as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Actually, the tourist police have always been really helpful whenever I've encountered them. They are a go between tourists and the police and speak my language and can help where a misunderstanding could lead to fines or detention. The fact that they are volunteers was something I didn't know. I know people have their misgivings about TAT ( I think I'm on the Thaiger record on that one), but the tourist police provide a valuable service.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jason said:

The fact that they are volunteers was something I didn't know. 

I think you've mis-read that part.

"Tourist Police volunteers" are the civilian volunteers who assist the Tourist Police.

Probably best described as 'controversial'.

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The plan will include more personnel on duty to assist any travellers in need, as well as more security checkpoints all across the country as part of the new safety initiative.

These are the things driving away tourists. 

Can nobody in the room realize in 2018 we had none of this stuff in place and there were tons of tourists, then they put this stuff in place in 2020 and everyone left.  So maybe, just maybe, doing less would attract more.

they should stop with the nonsense NEW NORMAL, ask a Thai what they think about that... or ask any one for that matter .. it is annoying and it is not new normal, if they really do something about it and stop choosing over money all the time... this new normal crap will not even be here

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

The tourist police I encountered were uniformed officers. Pardon my ignorance....are they the volunteers?

With tremendous egos, self-importance and inadequately small members.