News Forum - Chiang Mai hoteliers ordered to strictly follow Covid prevention for Test & Go travellers

Thaiger

Chiang Mai health officials are ordering hoteliers to be more strict when it comes to Covid-19 preventative measures, especially when it comes to the Test & Go entry scheme, after two foreign travellers in the northern province tested positive for the Omicron variant. Under the Test & Go scheme (registration is closed), fully vaccinated travellers can enter Thailand after passing an RT-PCR test upon arrival. Results from the test can take up to a day to come back and, essentially, the travellers are supposed to be isolated from the general public until their results come back. But some hotel operators […]

The story Chiang Mai hoteliers ordered to strictly follow Covid prevention for Test & Go travellers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

These hoteliers are hoteliers, not police. They don't have the power to arrest or detain, so ordering them to do these things is not intelligent. Police should be inspecting what they expect. They should be supporting hotels to ensure compliance to public health orders.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

The place was packed with Farang and Thai. No masks, no social distancing and everything just like life used to be before this stupid pandemic was announced to the world!!! In fact, all the other bars in that area appeared to be just the same...

shhhhhhhhhhh ….. the boys in brown will be around with their portable postboxes to allow owners to post brown envelopes! Or now it’s on social media we will see the big boss say they are cracking down on it 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

shhhhhhhhhhh ….. the boys in brown will be around with their portable postboxes to allow owners to post brown envelopes! Or now it’s on social media we will see the big boss say they are cracking down on it 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, fair comment, @AdvocatusDiaboli . . . looks like we'll be having a cracking downer New year 😏!

17 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

It is pretty much everywhere in CM as I saw last night. Nimmanhaemin Area was way out of control if you ask me. 

27 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

We were out in Zoe' s Bar in Chiang Mai on Xmas Eve!! The place was packed with Farang and Thai. No masks, no social distancing and everything just like life used to be before this stupid pandemic was announced to the world!!! In fact, all the other bars in that area appeared to be just the same... people having fun and just getting on with life regardless! Me thinks we need more of this and way less of the control measures... which, on the face of it, are not really working! Or, we can be like some people, stay indoors all day and learn to become a "keyboard warrior!" 

Indeed.

This appears to be the case throughout Sukhothai, Plok and Phichit [personal experiences] - bars, restaurants and other venues open without such mitigations restrictions observed. From experience and exposure.....all being being duplicated throughout upcountry provinces. 

In fairness, the last two years weren't that exaggerated throughout the provinces.

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is pretty much everywhere in CM as I saw last night. Nimmanhaemin Area was way out of control if you ask me. 

Surely not!!!    As the Governor told CityNews that he will ensure that all businesses comply strictly with all regulations and will be punished should they be in violation.  And this was on the 20th December.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/covid-19/concerns-over-crowded-pubs/

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

18 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Surely not!!!    As the Governor told CityNews that he will ensure that all businesses comply strictly with all regulations and will be punished should they be in violation.  And this was on the 20th December.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/covid-19/concerns-over-crowded-pubs/

Apparently flapping his gums because it is ridiculous to say any true safety is being practiced as this virus is going to jump spreading around really fast. CM looks like it is a people from Bangkok festival. Almost more Bangkok people than CM ones out and about. And this is everywhere including Malls. 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

These hoteliers are hoteliers, not police. They don't have the power to arrest or detain, so ordering them to do these things is not intelligent. Police should be inspecting what they expect. They should be supporting hotels to ensure compliance to public health orders.

They get the grading because that's what they agree to do - if they can't do it they shouldn't have the grading.

4 hours ago, whitesnake said:

... less of the control measures... which ... are not really working!

Maybe the control measures are "not really working" because some "people are having fun and just getting on with life regardless" ...

...just a thought 😂!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Maybe the control measures are "not really working" because some "people are having fun and just getting on with life regardless" ...

...just a thought 😂!

Or some people who never had a life and didn't do anything or go anywhere, would like everyone else to do the same ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whitesnake said:

We were out in Zoe' s Bar in Chiang Mai on Xmas Eve!! The place was packed with Farang and Thai. No masks, no social distancing and everything just like life used to be before this stupid pandemic was announced to the world!!! In fact, all the other bars in that area appeared to be just the same... people having fun and just getting on with life regardless! Me thinks we need more of this and way less of the control measures... which, on the face of it, are not really working! Or, we can be like some people, stay indoors all day and learn to become a "keyboard warrior!" 

What a brilliant idea. See what happens when you have a gutless leader who is to scared to implement restrictions: 183K cases in one day in the UK. Yesterday. Asia, Africa and S. America had 187K.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Great!!! Love it! About time people had the opportunity to go out and enjoy life and make their own value judgements about personal safety etc. I didn't for one minute think I was at risk on Xmas Eve. Certainly no more than "catching a cold'... as people do at this time of year. That's not 'New Normal'.... rather old normal!! All these so-called governors want to do is demonstrate their power over the masses! IT'S B.S!!

And, being Thai, they will follow any rules being cascaded down the hierarchy for fear of losing face and credibility! And, remember who is at the helm of "OUR PUBLIC SAFETY!"..... Yeeeeesssssssss... it's that cringe-worthy, smiling Cheshire Cat face of that forehead trombone called Anutin!! His actions and quotes are legendary... who wouldn't want to defy his rules and decisions.... JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE HIS AND YOU CAN!! 

Yes I agree about Anutin and the other of the powers that be, but we may differ on other opinions but that is ok. I don't think that with still havcing CM folk not fully jabbed with a good vaccine or even having a proper booster are well protected with all the Bangkok people and other tourists bustling in at this time is a good thing. Fun is ok but some places over in Nimmanhaemin were plainly out of control and a recipe for an oops. I'm not a fuddy duddy and say shut things down, but CM come one come all with the open doors and way way way too many Bangkok folk and other tourists here it is just going to create a new virus push and surge especially with the colder weather and new flu out there as well. On one street over in Nimmanhaemin there were 2 bars driectly across the street from each other fully packed to the gills and at least another 200 in the street. As I came up on it riding through it even in normal non virus times would have made you go wow. Have to say it looked fun and if I was a young Thai buck able to be partying in that atmopshere it would have been gleefully euphoric, but the reality of it is things like that and the other places in that area looking over packed and then say like over crowded malls are going to have a definite down side to it but I hope it is less severe. How can I tell the many are from Bangkok? Liscence plates and how they dress is the give away. I am actually one to buck the system but in this case it just looks not good if you ask me. That particular night there were ambulances buzzing around taking covid positive people to quarantine, well you can here them everyday. Even the otehr day in my house area had someone get taken away.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stonker said:

...just a thought 😂!

I'm sure they are...and couldn't give a damn about the consequences...to themselves or anyone else...

• Like 1