News Forum - Israeli Covid-19 rule escapee facing charges, deportation

Thaiger

After a hotel escape, a cross country trip, a manhunt, a surrender, and a lot of Covid-19 tests, Ohad Baruch, the Israeli man who broke Thai Covid law and left his SHA+ hotel in Bangkok before Covid-19 test results came back, is now back in Bangkok, in custody of Thong Lor Police and faces charges and deportation. The Israeli man was flown on the 9:40 pm Bangkok Airways flight from Koh Samui Airport to Bangkok on Monday night after being quarantined at Koh Samui hospital, even after testing negative 3 times for Covid-19. It was the Thong Lor Police who […]

The story Israeli Covid-19 rule escapee facing charges, deportation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

25 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

After a hotel escape

Not using Tom, Dick or Harry but walking out the front Door? Lawyer may have fun with this.

27 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Israeli man who broke Thai Covid law

So do all those that do not wear their masks …. No reports on those people being apprehended and charged, and in the case of being a tourist, deported.

• Like 3

Elsewhere in "the news" it is reported that the case was closed yesterday: the BKK-S municipal court imposed a fine of THB 2000 and the Israeli tourist is now in custody awaiting deportation.

He got away too easy. Very stupid action of this man. 

Fine only 2,000 when they mobilized a costly manhunt?

Confined locally, rather than IDC?

And blacklisted(?) or not for ? years?

The Christmas spirit must have been in use here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Not using Tom, Dick or Harry but walking out the front Door? Lawyer may have fun with this.

So do all those that do not wear their masks …. No reports on those people being apprehended and charged, and in the case of being a tourist, deported.

The Israeli broke the immigration department entry requirement, it's a different cattle of fish.

This tourist should have been severly punished as a point to other tourists thinking of doing these stupid things. A term of imprisonment for no less than 2 years with hard labour and a fine of 1 million Baht to be paid in full before being released from custody. This would send a clear message to respect the Laws in Thailand and have respect for the people to whom you come to visit. Also stamp his International File with a " Never To Return " to Thailand. 

The hypocrisy is astonishing!

This guy runs out of a hotel and there is a APB on him and yet it has been reported  that some  CM hotel  management staff were letting the( inmates ,new arrivals) run around willy nilly! Punishment ??????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chaz said:

This tourist should have been severly punished as a point to other tourists thinking of doing these stupid things. A term of imprisonment for no less than 2 years with hard labour and a fine of 1 million Baht to be paid in full before being released from custody. This would send a clear message to respect the Laws in Thailand and have respect for the people to whom you come to visit. Also stamp his International File with a " Never To Return " to Thailand. 

So this can also be the fine for those that ride with no license, no helmets, not wearing masks, and untold other misdemeanours ….. if this is your fine for the stupid, I cannot fathom what you would suggest for the well heeled and planned out criminal?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chaz said:

You really have mental health issues you should visit a doctor or move to North Korea the place to be with heavy mental issues.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Transam said:

I would have thought a bloke just waiting for a Covid test result does not need an armed guard, as it was just a few hours wait..🥴

Some folks aren't familiar with the word 'patience'.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Well....I guess he'll be going home to face the Israeli Police and probable incarceration. Time for a bit of personal responsibility. 

No, the Israeli authorities wont take any action against him 

11 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Some folks aren't familiar with the word 'patience'.

But for a short time he did become familiar with the word “patient” ….. the noun not the adjective.

13 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No, the Israeli authorities wont take any action against him 

The Israelis are extreme in their protection of their people against Covid. They're onto there fourth dose! Who knows if this guy will be allowed back in!

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Israelis are extreme in their protection of their people against Covid. They're onto there fourth dose! Who knows if this guy will be allowed back in!

I know .

He will be allowed back into Israel 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

There is a whole spectrum of crimes in TH ranging from littering to murder. I don't think we would expect to see all those crimes punished uniformly. 

Your implied equivalence here, is comparing someone who doesn't wear a mask, with someone who broke immigration law. Do you really think they should receive the same penalty?

4 hours ago, Chaz said:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

The hypocrisy is astonishing!

This guy runs out of a hotel and there is a APB on him and yet it has been reported  that some  CM hotel  management staff were letting the( inmates ,new arrivals) run around willy nilly! Punishment ??????

I have just been informed by the hotel for my upcoming trip to Phuket, that I am required to stay within the hotel until I've received news of a negative test. However, if I have not received this within 9 hours of arrival, I am free to leave the hotel as long as I return. 

I know CM is not Phuket, but I do wonder if one of the probs is that not all staff may be conversant with the rules that apply in their areas.

But there is another consideration. It appears that you think there is hypocrisy because staff in CM did not prevent guests behaving illegally. I can understand a claim of negligence, but where is the hypocrisy? Were they actively encouraging guests to break the law? Maybe the real culprits are those who want to excuse this bad behaviour by blaming Thais?